• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequel? Your Thoughts...

oh sorry...better? :-/

btw how do i get an Avatar? i know its off topic but youre here.

Punisher has been given more breaks than Daredevil, which grossed 100 mil but still deemed unprofitable enough that a sequel (not a spinoff, as what Elektra is) is never made. P:WZ is a financial disappointment and Marvel and Lionsgate will be wise not to pump more money into a sequel, and just let Marvel have the license back after it expires. Marvel has more than enough characters that they don't need another Punisher movie, anyway.

problem is that The Punisher IS a profitable character if done right. The skull symbol is one of the most recognizable Marvel symbols next to Spider Man's. The problem is that they keep shafting him with bad scripts and sub par funding.

I don't think that enough people care about this character, and can you blame them? Three times they've made poorly recieved movies about him.

It's too late to do anything right now. The character needs to be put on ice for 15 years and then revisted with a respectable director, more well known cast and bigger budget.

problem is that The Punisher IS a profitable character if done right. The skull symbol is one of the most recognizable Marvel symbols next to Spider Man's. The problem is that they keep shafting him with bad scripts and sub par funding.

Right now Marvel's best bet is to shelf him for many years, let people's memory of all other Punisher fade away, then reboot him for a new generation and hope they finally make a good enough film that is a cerified hit at the BO.

well **** 15 years? I might as well play Frank then...back during my football days they called me Castle for that reason.

well im half way there :)

interestingly enough I wrote a skit for a creative writing class in which i did a scene from the MAX series and i get applauded for it.

Blade was rated R and they all did well right?

300 was rated R and that did well

so did Sin City. I think its a bit naive to think that R Rated comics= Flops. Lionsgate did that to themselves for poorly promoting the movie.

Watchmen is Rated R and that is expected to make MILLIONS

I wish there would be a sequel because I loved Punisher: WZ, but Sadly, due to the box office, I don't think there will be one. :csad:

I got a great idea! If they make another movie, the Punisher should go around with machine guns killing as many bad guys as possible! Then in the end, he kills even the good guys! Then at the very very end he turns and shoots the camera!
Man, I'm good!:applaud

the problem with the punisher is you can't water him down (2004) and if the film looks low budget people aren't going to be excited. when i first saw the trailer for punisher :warzone i thought it was one of those fan made movies.
i dont think we will see a sequel unless it's direct to dvd.

I actually wouldn't mind a direct to dvd movie, if it had Ray as Frank, and a huge body count. Heck, this WZ movie felt like a direct to dvd movie anyways, that is what I liked about it.

They've ****ed out the character for all he's worth.
Put him out like a pimp would, if that pimp gave up on his "product".

The next step might be direct-to-dvd stuff if the dvd's sell enough, quality will plummet... Hopefully they've gotten bored, and like someone else said... Maybe it could eventually end up on HBO, hopefully handled by distributors that care.

Ways the next film could be Epic...

Tony Scott as Director...people keep saying Man of Fire is the best "Punisher" movie so so far...why the hell not?

Budget of around 50 million

Adapt The Slavers...like no compromises here, panel by panel with maybe a few touch ups of The Slavers.

Convince Ennis to do the Script or work with a Script Writer to effectively convey his ideas.

Hard R...sadistic/serious minus the camp.

New York

It be a cool easter egg to try to somehow tie this into the Marvel U...dont have to but it be cool to have a Blade, Daredevil, Spider-Man or anyone from the Knights universe. For Slavers I could see Black Widow and Blade making a cameo (I've thought this out)

Ray Stevenson as Frank
Olga Kurylenko(sp?) as the girl he saves from the Bulats(sp?)
Nick Nolte as the sr Bulat
Rosario Dawson as the social worker
Val Kilmer for the younger Bulat

thoughts? what are your ideal specs?

The only thing I would change is the villians, since the Bulats were used in the last movie (and I can't think of a single plausible reason why HS would release Cristu nor whether or not Tiberiu even survived the final fight scene).
My suggestion for their "stand-ins" would be John James Toomey as Tiberiu, Shauna Toomey as Vera, and their bodyguard (in the film) Barracuda as Cristu. You could retain the whole "Tiberiu assasination" storyline by having that be planned by 'cuda and Shauna, who are having an affair. Barracuda's mercenary background could explain how they have connections to Eastern Europe Slavery rings. Besides, Slavers didn't have a lot of great fights. If you add Barracuda in the mix, you can have a Frank-Barracuda one on one fight when 'Cuda finds his guards drugged, and following Cuda's torture/death, you get the firefight with Toomey and his men when they come for 'Cuda.

Michael Jai White as JJ Toomey
Tiny Lester as Barracuda
not sure who'd be good for Shauna

If there's a sequel,it might be a straight-to-DVD movie.Because PWZ is a hidden gem,once it hit DVD,it will be a underground hit.Thus making a cult classic,but if LGF give the rights back to Marvel.It won't be a big deal,because Marvel don't make R-rated films.So they will most likely give to another studio such as Dimension Extreme ,Sony or Universal.That will be the only way we are getting a sequel for PWZ.But by The Punisher flopping three times,we are not likely to see a reboot for a very long(think 15 to 25 years).The only chance of us getting another Punisher movie is straight-to-DVD(which is not bad,because half of want our Punisger fix fast) or a cartoon.I don't care how they do it,if they do it, they should keep Ray as The Punisher:)

The only thing I would change is the villians, since the Bulats were used in the last movie (and I can't think of a single plausible reason why HS would release Cristu nor whether or not Tiberiu even survived the final fight scene).
My suggestion for their "stand-ins" would be John James Toomey as Tiberiu, Shauna Toomey as Vera, and their bodyguard (in the film) Barracuda as Cristu. You could retain the whole "Tiberiu assasination" storyline by having that be planned by 'cuda and Shauna, who are having an affair. Barracuda's mercenary background could explain how they have connections to Eastern Europe Slavery rings. Besides, Slavers didn't have a lot of great fights. If you add Barracuda in the mix, you can have a Frank-Barracuda one on one fight when 'Cuda finds his guards drugged, and following Cuda's torture/death, you get the firefight with Toomey and his men when they come for 'Cuda.

Michael Jai White as JJ Toomey
Tiny Lester as Barracuda
not sure who'd be good for Shauna

Are you joking? A smart script writer can find a logical explanation for releasing the Bulats...even then if this movie isnt made for a couple years just reboot it, why the hell not?

The Slavers, save for some touch ups here and there, can be the great Punisher movie we've been waiting for.

Oh, who cares if its the "Bulats" or not? They could be the Kastopovs or Zaklans or any other Easter European name and then just act the way the Bulats did. It's not like the guys in the movie were exactly as their characters were represented in the comic.... no one would notice the switch except fans, and they'd just be happy to see the Slavers come to life.

Oh, who cares if its the "Bulats" or not? They could be the Kastopovs or Zaklans or any other Easter European name and then just act the way the Bulats did. It's not like the guys in the movie were exactly as their characters were represented in the comic.... no one would notice the switch except fans, and they'd just be happy to see the Slavers come to life.

Exactly what I was thinking.

As long as Nicky Cavella, if a sequel is made, is used and used properly I'm ok.

I want a full relaunch by someone who can take the character seriously, and incorporate all the best elements of the comics (from the 80's Mini-series to recent MAX titles), and the best elements of the movies into one package. You just need someone who understands what makes the character work, understands what appeals to fans, and someone who knows when to use restraint, and when go over the top. No more first time/novice directors, hire people who know what to do, and when to listen to criticism.

It shouldn't have to take a brainiac to understand maybe film is not the way to go translating Frank Castle, and take the concept of something like Punisher War Journal and turn it into a cable series.

Ok well maybe the names could be switched around but even then id like a frame by fram approach to The Slavers with minor touch ups.

As for Nicky Cavalle id love to make a movie with him and O'Brien thrown into the mix but done like their comic counterparts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"