• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequel? Your Thoughts...

I dont find PWZ to be that bad of a film, but I think they should wait a while before they do a sequel or another punisher for that matter. I would like to see the film done from the police standpoint, kinda make it in a sense like their trying to track a serial killer but they come up short each time. Alot of directors look at Punisher and just see him as a loose cannon that's always willing to blow someones ****in head off. They should show how crafty and tactical he is, i mean being that he was a war veteran.

It really would be hilarious that if in another 10 years Lionsgate decides to reboot again. But nothing is going to be happening anytime soon regarding the character.

I loved this film. I especially liked the end when the screen went black and the skull on his shirt started glowing in the dark.....

9.5/10

So you think that.. if they made a sequel to this one, would it be as gory and bloody or a more like a serious take ?

When it comes to movies, the Punisher is dead. Maybe as a guest in another marvel movie like a the new Daredevil movie, if Fox ever gets the movie rights to The punisher

I predict that the sequel will take the odd turn of focusing on other characters to tell their story and build The Punishers world. I think the most likely scenario is a focus on longtime Punisher partner/rival Wolverine...perhaps show his origin and bring in some other characters that can be helped out by the incredible buzz of a new Punisher movie.

This movie will be a blockbuster...despite not even featuring The Punishers name in its title...and will prove that Frank Castle is and always will be a moneymaking force at the box office.

Since its obvious with the current box office results that we won't be seeing a theatrical release of Punisher anytime soon, would anyone be interested in a direct to video animated movie? Would it be easier or harder to do the character right animated. With the success of some of the DC straight to video animated movies I could see Marvel taking this approach. The downside would probably be that if the movie were animated then they would feel the need to gear it more towards kids. Also the current Marvel direct to video animated movies haven't exatactly been very good.

Since its obvious with the current box office results that we won't be seeing a theatrical release of Punisher anytime soon, would anyone be interested in a direct to video animated movie? Would it be easier or harder to do the character right animated. With the success of some of the DC straight to video animated movies I could see Marvel taking this approach. The downside would probably be that if the movie were animated then they would feel the need to gear it more towards kids. Also the current Marvel direct to video animated movies haven't exatactly been very good.

Yeah I always wanted to see a animated Punisher movie but more for adults like the HBO Spawn animated series was done. It can have the max tone with the art style like Leoandro Fernandez.

I'm writing a fan fict script for the sequel,Now I want some ****ing suggestions!!! lol jk

seriously though,just want your suggestions on guns,characters,setting and all that good stuff.

Another Punisher film will not be made.

It's not the fault of the character (beyond the obvious reason that the character isn't real)

There are no "bad" characters. Only bad writers/creators who lack creativity.

Look at Bryan Singer. Not a bad creator. Nor is Superman a bad character. But Singer was wrong for Superman.

And all of these folks who've worked behind the camera have been wrong for Frank Castle. The actors who've played Frank have never been the problem.

The Punisher's gone as a film property. There are two realistic options in my mind, and then these are only a few years out from now, if at all:

1-an HBO series starring Richard Burgi (Sentinel, Firefly, Saw III) as Frank Castle. A hardcore, intensely violent series based on the MAX series. Or on some of Chuck Dixon's stuff. But no campy villains or outrageous storylines.

2-a fan-film made by fans who have the coin and connections to talent to put together something of the quality of a lot of the Star Trek fan films that are out there. Granted, those have mostly terrible acting, but they've managed to succeed to the point where folks who worked on original Trek are coming in to perform and help out creatively. Maybe some fans put together a script and get the blessing of Garth Ennis or some such, and a fan made film shows Marvel that The Punisher works when done correctly.

Sadly, the best Punisher we've had will not touch the character again. Hopefully, Ray will move on and do well, as he's extremely talented and could be a superstar.

For those of us who love this character, we just have to accept that Hollywood can't/won't get it right. At least not now.

A sequel? No way in hell. I'd give it about 10 more years before they come back to The Punisher.

You know, when the Dolph Punisher film tanked, you could write that off for a variety of reasons. We are currently living in a time where just about any superhero film can make major, major bank. The Punisher is STILL bombing during the peak of the genres popularity.

I love the character as much as the next dork, but theres really no need to revisit this franchise for a long, long time.

An HBO tv show...with no super villians...would be cool

You know, when the Dolph Punisher film tanked, you could write that off for a variety of reasons. We are currently living in a time where just about any superhero film can make major, major bank. The Punisher is STILL bombing during the peak of the genres popularity.

I love the character as much as the next dork, but theres really no need to revisit this franchise for a long, long time.

i'm thinking bout writing a Script Adaptation of the Slavers...problem is that even though i have the perfect adaptation in my head i cant write a script...ill have to read some to get an idea.

i'm thinking bout writing a Script Adaptation of the Slavers...problem is that even though i have the perfect adaptation in my head i cant write a script...ill have to read some to get an idea.

Dont let your inexperience stop you! the people behind this movie had no clue how to make a good movie and they didnt let that hold them back!

Don't do this fan script ********, if you want to write do something original.

Don't do this fan script ********, if you want to write do something original.

Oh I have a ton of original ideas but I want to write the best possible script adaptation of The Slavers. I'll add my own element in there in terms of character treatment/action and subplots. Who knows maybe If i do a good enough pitch It might get a deal :D

A man can dream can't he?

I really think PWZ deserves a sequel, it was exactly how the Punisher should be on film. Tom Jane is awesome, but for me he doesn't have that Punisher look to him. The Punisher should look like a badass, and for me Stevenson fits that profile more than Jane. West's portrayal of Jigsaw was really awesome, too, but even if they were going to make a sequel, he's deader than dead.

That's the only option for the character in my opinion.

Either that...or a direct to DVD movies...which isn't as bad thing as some people think.

I have seen some movies that went direct to dvd that were really good. I could see a tv series being more viable. HBO or even FX could put out a really great show with great writers attached. Stevenson or Jane could take up the role and I would be in heaven. Although it would be a fight with the wife for me to get HBO then.

I have seen some movies that went direct to dvd that were really good. I could see a tv series being more viable. HBO or even FX could put out a really great show with great writers attached. Stevenson or Jane could take up the role and I would be in heaven. Although it would be a fight with the wife for me to get HBO then.

Yep!

I heard even that scorpion king sequel done pretty good.

I dunno about a tv series being a more viable option though. It'll probably cost more to make a whole season of Punisher series.

maybe a mini series? Six episodes would have been enough.

I don't know about a Punisher TV series, I'd rather him to stick to movies, but it's not working out to well. However, PWZ largely suffered due to it being released in December, and barely anything being done to actually promote the film.

Yes, I do think there should be a sequal. I think it would be cool if they brouht in Ma Nucci as the head Villian or something.

Another problem with the Punisher is he doesn't have a ton of villains, and you'd think Marvel would've changed that by now. We've already seen the Russian & Jigsaw, who are two of his main villains. If there is a sequel, I hope they really spice things up and do something totally new.

Another problem with the Punisher is he doesn't have a ton of villains, and you'd think Marvel would've changed that by now. We've already seen the Russian & Jigsaw, who are two of his main villains. If there is a sequel, I hope they really spice things up and do something totally new.

Bushwhacker
Jackal
Barracuda

you can even throw in Bullseye and The Kingpin if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"