Serial Bad Luck

Knightsaber Priss

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
I guess this is my way of venting my frustrations today, but I've decided to start a thread about sharing tales of hideously large amounts of bad luck in one day. You see, it all started last night when I went to take a shower for work and nothing but cold water was coming out of the nozzle. Then this morning when I called to get the hot water heater fixed I was informed by the Maintenance guy that I had to get my apartment flea bombed (Out of my own pocket mind you.) before they could fix. So I've made an appointment but the best is yet to come because now I have to scrub everything from top to bottom, remove everything from the floors of my closets so the exterminators can clean every square inch of the carpet in my apartment. On top of it all I have a nasty sinus cold and sore throat. As it stands I haven't even had any sleep since last night since I had to work the Graveyard Shift. I'm this close to having a mental breakdown. I bet even if I do get all his stuff done I'll be evicted for some trumped up reason.

At the end of 1999, I was single, got into 2 car accidents with separate cars, spent New Years 2000 relatively alone, and then lost my job a few days after that. That was one of the lowest points in my life and it didn't clear up until 4 months afterwards.

fleas?
thd_crazy.gif

Not my day, but my neighbor's wife died yesterday morning at about 2AM (natural causes). On the way into town his son got into a car accident and his wife (the son's wife) died in the crash. That's a bad day. :(

Not my day, but my neighbor's wife died yesterday morning at about 2AM (natural causes). On the way into town his son got into a car accident and his wife (the son's wife) died in the crash. That's a bad day. :(

omg:wow:

Wow something very similar happened a couple of weeks ago. We had a patient come in, an elderly man, and one of his son's died in a car accident on his way to the hospital. :( That was a hard day...

I've had my dad helping me clean my place for at least a few hours. At this moment I'm taking a break because he had a 1 O'clock appointment and he won't be back until 2:30 P/M/ Eastern Standard Time. Now he was wearing white socks, which would definitely show the signs of a flea infestation when they leap onto one's legs, and there were none, nor did he get bit up. The only fleas were on my cats which needed their monthly flea dip and treatment anyway. So the maintenance guy's claims were utter rubbish. I've been in an apartment where there were fleas and my place isn't like that at all. I'm just guessing the guy wanted to get out of doing any sort of work in general.

While training to run the Chicago Marathon a few weeks ago moved onto the grass to get out of the way of pedestrians and ran over a broken liquor bottle, cut went deep enough to damage my achilles tendon, requiring surgery and killing my hopes to run the marathon. Fun times spending most of my 4th of July in the emergency room.

A couple of weeks before that, my sister got into a car accident trying to avoid a tire left on the road, her car was totaled and her boyfriend had to have back surgery to keep him from being paralyzed (everything went well with that at least).

Then a week ago found out my cousin who just graduated college broke his ankle.

Been a great summer for my family!

So far '08 has been **** for me, so I will get back to you in the new year with all the juicy crap tales.

one of the worst days of my life :

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3990109/

I was one of the eight squad members running the checkpoint that day , my platoon sgt was also there,
eight in the morning we had just switched shifts with another squad . It was really f****d up , I saw children in vehicles burn alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"