Sequels Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 - Part 4

Yeah Digific, I'm not sure if they're IN college in this film, like as in school is in session, but they do graduate and high school is done.

I hope they're in college in this one. I'd love to see ESU.

If Shailene Woodley doesn't come back then Emily Browning might be a good pick for Mary Jane
emily_browning_instyle_magazine_australia_march.jpg

That's the beauty of it :D

Lily Collins would probably make a decent replacement.

^ I'm not sure if you're being serious with the Lily Collins suggestion, but it's actually a good one, especially since I think it's rather unlikely that the character of MJ is going to be significantly reworked/revamped for TASM3 even if Shailene doesn't come back.

So...is she not in this movie at all, then?

^ She can be seen in the background of a couple shots in the armored car chase scene, but she's not acknowledged.

^ I'm not sure if you're being serious with the Lily Collins suggestion, but it's actually a good one, especially since I think it's rather unlikely that the character of MJ is going to be significantly reworked/revamped for TASM3 even if Shailene doesn't come back.

I am serious about her :p

And she does suit red hair
lily-collins-and-the-blind-side-gallery.jpg

She's a fine actress and she would probably do some good in the role if Woodley doesn't return.

Rodrigo, could you recommend some of Lily Collins' work? I'm not familiar with her.

I found an article from back in the TASM1 production days suggesting that Lily did an early 'test read' for the Gwen role, which would make for some neat symmetry if she were to audition to replace Shailene - should they need to hold auditions - and get the part.

Another Gwen 'test actress', Emma Roberts, would also be a viable contender; she's prettier than Shailene and Lily, but not to the point that you couldn't buy her as an MJ who has elements of Ultimate Gwen to her characterization (which is the direction they took based on what we know about how Webb and Co. approached the character).

Last edited:
Rodrigo, could you recommend some of Lily Collins' work? I'm not familiar with her.

I'm not Rodrigo, but here you go:
Mirror Mirror (starring role: Snow White)
The Blind Side (supporting role: Collins Tuohy)
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (starring role: Clary Fray)
Priest (supporting role: Lucy Pace)

But you give just as good suggestions :D

And I rather Lily get the role rather than Emma Roberts. She's just so unlikeable.

^ I like Emma Roberts in the few things I've seen her in, but would pick Lily over her if I had a choice between the two of them.

She's a good actress, don't get me wrong.

But in real life, she thinks she's entitled to do whatever she likes.

But I agree, Lily over Emma.

Thanks for the recommendations, Digific. I'll give them a watch. :up:

Wasn't Lily on Nickelodeon for, like, half a second? I know Emma Roberts was on Unfabulous back in the day.. lol

Just a warning, while The Mortal Instruments is a YA novel adaptation, it is one of the better ones; just be prepared for some teen drama stuff.

I liked Lily Collins in Stuck In Love. Not sure about her for MJ though.

Margot Robbie, anyone? :hmm
Would be great! However, she's slated to play Jane Porter in a 2016 adaptation of Tarzan, which may take her out of the running. :csad:

Lily Collins is an interesting suggestion. However, out of all of the ladies that tested for Gwen in TASM1, I like Imogen Poots and Teresa Palmer the most as potential candidates for MJ.

greetings-from-tim-buckley-imogen-poots.jpg
babe-of-the-day-teresa-palmer-20110217084623998_640w.jpg

Anyway, I'm thinking that the studio will look for someone entirely new instead of pulling from one of their older lists.

Last edited:
Karen Gillan would be my pick. 5' 10" and model like.

Imogen, Teresa, and Karen don't fit as Ultimate-Gwen-esque MJ's; Shai, Lily and Emma R. do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"