Shane Black Directing Predator Sequel! - Part 2

According to the Italian Fox website the runtime should be 120mins.

if true, it's likely just a fan appeaser. They don't have to be set in the same universe. :)

Not that I mind, Requiem was quite poor, but then Predator 2 was rather lacklustre too. I didn't mind the original AvP (appreciated it more the 3rd & 4th viewing); it had a good mythological aspect to it. It's just when you start trying to connect to Prometheus and the [actual] Alien films that things start to get a bit jumbled.
I actually liked all the Predator movies better than most of the Alien sequels and AVP despite it being an eye roller at times was decent enough. Requiem though, I hate that movie so much. :cmad: I think it should be noncanonical and the only redeeming part is literally the very end with the Weyland-Yutani connection and future plans were referenced.

Prometheus was a let down but it wasn't a total wreck and Covenant sits just above Requiem on my awful list because nothing can get lower IMO.

The Empire magazine (both the 1987 back history & the on-set visit report of the new one) is pretty extensive and the detail is solid, nothing massively 'new' about the next film other than it 'bangs on' about it wanting to hark back to the dynamics of the original, team play at play rather than singular (Glover, Predator 2) or a group who have no personal stakes with the relationships between them (Predators).

I actually liked all the Predator movies better than most of the Alien sequels and AVP despite it being an eye roller at times was decent enough. Requiem though, I hate that movie so much. :cmad: I think it should be noncanonical and the only redeeming part is literally the very end with the Weyland-Yutani connection and future plans were referenced.

Prometheus was a let down but it wasn't a total wreck and Covenant sits just above Requiem on my awful list because nothing can get lower IMO.
Prometheus had potential to lead to something much better. Covenant completely ruined that for me. The problem with Prometheus is that it was far too slow to actually go anywhere, though, as stated, it had the potential to open a door which it didn't.

Then we had Covenant; and a flashback to where David(?) wiped out the Engineers; the same engineers that were responsible for creating life on Earth, yet somehow, several hundred-thousand years later they're all looking the same with the same technology, and they're all just stood around not doing a whole lot, waiting to be wiped out. I'm sorry, but what? Did they devolve to a bunch of morons?

It went completely off the rails too into cyborg fetishism that Scott has become obsessed with and went away from the actual mythos. At least Shane Black appears to be sticking to the Predator race although what he is doing with this DNA hybridization thing might blow up in his face.

The Empire magazine (both the 1987 back history & the on-set visit report of the new one) is pretty extensive and the detail is solid, nothing massively 'new' about the next film other than it 'bangs on' about it wanting to hark back to the dynamics of the original, team play at play rather than singular (Glover, Predator 2) or a group who have no personal stakes with the relationships between them (Predators).

Yeah I picked up the new Empire today. Just glanced through it.

Fav quote is ''You can cut off people's heads, skin their corpses and blow their f*****g brains out, but the second someone picks up a cigarette the studio will shut your ass down.''

So does that mean there's gonna be no smoking in an R rated Predator movie?

Hollywood has really ****ed up standards.

I hope that Keegan Key gets to have some cool action scenes and isn't just comic relief.

Prometheus had potential to lead to something much better. Covenant completely ruined that for me. The problem with Prometheus is that it was far too slow to actually go anywhere, though, as stated, it had the potential to open a door which it didn't.

Then we had Covenant; and a flashback to where David(?) wiped out the Engineers; the same engineers that were responsible for creating life on Earth, yet somehow, several hundred-thousand years later they're all looking the same with the same technology, and they're all just stood around not doing a whole lot, waiting to be wiped out. I'm sorry, but what? Did they devolve to a bunch of morons?

Couldn’t agree more, I came out of Prometheus actually excited for what came next. After Covenant, I am just not interested anymore.

Last edited:
Man I hate that no-smoking bull**** in movies. Seems they tend to be still allowed to do it in period pieces - I don't know what the actual regulations are with most modern-set movies but at least they don't seem to have moved into all-out-ban mode yet.

As a non-smoker, I just find myself defending people who do, all the time. South Park basically had it right.

Skyler very much looks like a female Predator.

Watched OG Predator with my girl last week. She was raised in a super Christian household and wasn't allowed to watch stuff like that growing up, so she'd never seen it. And when I say never seen it, I mean she literally had no clue what the Predator even looked like or that it existed at all. She perked up so much when he goes to take his helmet off in the climax. It was crazy to be able to witness such a pure viewing experience after all this time.

So now we got Predator 2 and Predators on the watchlist.

Man I hate that no-smoking bull**** in movies. Seems they tend to be still allowed to do it in period pieces - I don't know what the actual regulations are with most modern-set movies but at least they don't seem to have moved into all-out-ban mode yet.

As a non-smoker, I just find myself defending people who do, all the time. South Park basically had it right.
I enjoy watching Iain Glen as Jack Taylor, which is on Netflix. Dude drinks like a wino and smokes like a chimney.

And it doesn't make me want to drink or smoke either.

Yeah. Like I said, it's not banned, but it seems more of an issue now than even 10 years back.

Da-Scribe, that's really cool. :) I always find myself wishing I could see some of these iconic flicks for the very first time again. Glad she liked it.

Watched OG Predator with my girl last week. She was raised in a super Christian household and wasn't allowed to watch stuff like that growing up, so she'd never seen it. And when I say never seen it, I mean she literally had no clue what the Predator even looked like or that it existed at all. She perked up so much when he goes to take his helmet off in the climax. It was crazy to be able to witness such a pure viewing experience after all this time.

So now we got Predator 2 and Predators on the watchlist.

Dont get hyped for Predator 2 and Predators. Those two dont hold a candle to original. But dont also watch them through prism of first one. Predator 2 is still enjoyable flick on it's own, different, but enjoyable. Over years I grew to like it more.

Dont get hyped for Predator 2 and Predators. Those two dont hold a candle to original. But dont also watch them through prism of first one. Predator 2 is still enjoyable flick on it's own, different, but enjoyable. Over years I grew to like it more.

Oh I’ve seen them all. Only Predator film I skipped was Requiem, mainly because I just couldn’t tell what was happening on screen. I’m just rewatching in prep for this new one.

From Predator star to The Predator director, Shane Black on creating the most dangerous predator yet

Mp8dcfF.jpg

They sure do love using this photo for the movie's promotion! :funny:

Some Tweets from The Predator panel at SDCC:

Just saw an extended sequence of Boyd Holbrook and his crew in a hotel room waiting for a knocked out Olivia Munn to awaken. She awakes and the Shane Black banter is in full effect. I almost felt bad laughing that much for a Predator movie #SDCC #HALLH #ThePredator
Whereas the banter in 1987’s Predator was very macho, this feels more crazy and funnier. More relatable. The cast blends really well together. Black got a good group together for this. #ThePredator #SDCC #HallH
First full clip from #ThePredator was full of the wit and charm you’re expecting from @BonafideBlack’s scripts. The movie looks fun, and the cast is clearly having a ball. I like what we’ve seen so far. @ThomasJane with Tourette’s is amazing. #SDCC
First clip from #ThePredator shows great interwoven tones of action and humor. Shane Black mentions the diverse types of characters in the film and how that makes this film unique from the usual trend of Predator movies. #SDCC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"