Shane Black Directing Predator Sequel! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Shane Black is not incapable of working on a bad movie. Long Kiss Goodnight

:cmad: Repent this instant, mellonfarmer!

TLKG's easily the best of his movies he only wrote and didn't direct. Seems to be one of the few he's mostly happy with too, has a lot of praise for Harlin "getting it" with the tone.

Best Sam Jackson's ever been, too. Nuts to you, sir.

As for this:

Monster Squad came out 31 years ago.

So what? Nobody's saying Dekker's some amazing filmmaker, but he's put out some decent stuff, he's of that whole 80s period and best buds with Black. Not to mention he's clearly going to be second-fiddle here to the guy directing it.

It's not that he's awesome, he's just not going to be a problem.

As for this:

So what? Nobody's saying Dekker's some amazing filmmaker, but he's put out some decent stuff, he's of that whole 80s period and best buds with Black. Not to mention he's clearly going to be second-fiddle here to the guy directing it.

It's not that he's awesome, he's just not going to be a problem.
Also an awful RoboCop sequel.

Which wasn't even all that awful, and as you say, 31 years have passed.

Methinks the guy gets a second shot. He's not even the big dog on the project, clearly whatever he's putting forward has to pass the Black's-sensibilities-test to get into the actual movie.

Empire's subscriber cover for August.

pc8rTie.jpg

AvPGalaxy has a new Article up. It talks about the changes made to the 3rd act of the film and I approve of all of them. Well, mostly.

Back in February The Predator underwent some extensive reshoots that reportedly significantly changed a lot of the third act of the film. Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can exclusively confirm that the reports of the major changes to the third act are true. And it sounds like a lot of what fans were criticising have been removed! Beware spoilers!

According to our sources the latest edits of the film following the reshoots have seen the so called “friendly” Predators that we’ve previously seen photos of have been completely cut from the film, as is the entire APC sequence and the various hybrid creatures. Only the Predator Dog mentioned in the recent set visits remains.

The latest cut of the film tested also featured additional scenes that connected The Predator to the previous films, including Alien vs. Predator. Lex’s spear is now displayed alongside City Hunter’s spear from Predator 2. Casey, Olivia Munn’s character, is also shown some grainy pictures of the Predators from the first two films.

All death sequences involving the more prominent characters have also been completely changed now and the final battle with the Upgrade Predator takes place at night in the woods. After attacking the Project: Stargazer base, Upgrade gives the survivors a chance to escape before he begins to hunt them to find the best fighter amongst them.

Source

Cool cover, I like how they incorporated the 3 point laser target.

Keegen Michael key and Thomas Jane are the MVPs in this. Absolutely hysterical, Their very sweet butting frienship is great, they are the classic Shane Back duo of the film, makes you wish they had their own film.

Keegen Michael key and Thomas Jane are the MVPs in this. Absolutely hysterical, Their very sweet butting frienship is great, they are the classic Shane Back duo of the film, makes you wish they had their own film.

Great to hear, man!

iHM07tn_d.jpg

At River East AMC in Chicago.

Let me get out my microscope and look at it! :o

AvPGalaxy has a new Article up. It talks about the changes made to the 3rd act of the film and I approve of all of them. Well, mostly.

Back in February The Predator underwent some extensive reshoots that reportedly significantly changed a lot of the third act of the film. Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can exclusively confirm that the reports of the major changes to the third act are true. And it sounds like a lot of what fans were criticising have been removed! Beware spoilers!

According to our sources the latest edits of the film following the reshoots have seen the so called “friendly” Predators that we’ve previously seen photos of have been completely cut from the film, as is the entire APC sequence and the various hybrid creatures. Only the Predator Dog mentioned in the recent set visits remains.

The latest cut of the film tested also featured additional scenes that connected The Predator to the previous films, including Alien vs. Predator. Lex’s spear is now displayed alongside City Hunter’s spear from Predator 2. Casey, Olivia Munn’s character, is also shown some grainy pictures of the Predators from the first two films.

All death sequences involving the more prominent characters have also been completely changed now and the final battle with the Upgrade Predator takes place at night in the woods. After attacking the Project: Stargazer base, Upgrade gives the survivors a chance to escape before he begins to hunt them to find the best fighter amongst them.

Source

I'd be perfectly happy if those were the reshoots!

Posters for this film are something else. <3

Great to hear, [BLACKOUT]Thomas Jane[/BLACKOUT] in anything is always worth seeing.

Source

Interesting... I wonder if they'll show up in the deleted scenes.

I wonder what the design of the Pred dogs looks like. Wonder if it’s close to the ones in Predators. They looked badass.

Somehow I managed to post this in the Infinity War Nitpick Thread. :funny:

From one of the AvPGalaxy Threads.

Tetsujin said:
Corporal Hicks link said:
It's all from a fellow on Twitter. Not sure how legit he is so take it as you will.

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/999356537842761728

New update from same twitter:

oC5PyTE.jpg

I also know someone who's seen two cuts, pre- and post-reshoots, and it's apparently in much better shape now.

But what if it’s a really good movie and you’re so invested in “what it should be” that you miss out on what it actually is?

I personally hope there isn’t too much comedy where it’s just overbearing.

Very promising info about reshoots! Seems like they got rid of the most ridiculous stuff

I just saw the latest red band trailer... looks promising. After becoming such a fan of Holbrook and Brown after binging Narcos and This is Us, I really hope this movie does well for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"