Shane Black Directing Predator Sequel! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
AvPGalaxy has a new Article up. It talks about the changes made to the 3rd act of the film and I approve of all of them. Well, mostly.

Back in February The Predator underwent some extensive reshoots that reportedly significantly changed a lot of the third act of the film. Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can exclusively confirm that the reports of the major changes to the third act are true. And it sounds like a lot of what fans were criticising have been removed! Beware spoilers!

According to our sources the latest edits of the film following the reshoots have seen the so called “friendly” Predators that we’ve previously seen photos of have been completely cut from the film, as is the entire APC sequence and the various hybrid creatures. Only the Predator Dog mentioned in the recent set visits remains.

The latest cut of the film tested also featured additional scenes that connected The Predator to the previous films, including Alien vs. Predator. Lex’s spear is now displayed alongside City Hunter’s spear from Predator 2. Casey, Olivia Munn’s character, is also shown some grainy pictures of the Predators from the first two films.

All death sequences involving the more prominent characters have also been completely changed now and the final battle with the Upgrade Predator takes place at night in the woods. After attacking the Project: Stargazer base, Upgrade gives the survivors a chance to escape before he begins to hunt them to find the best fighter amongst them.

Source

Does the kid still have a big part in the movie & they are trying to hide it with the new trailer? Seem like people were criticizing the kid in the movie too.

Last edited:
Somehow I managed to post this in the Infinity War Nitpick Thread. :funny:

From one of the AvPGalaxy Threads.

I agree with the last post. I just hope this wasn't shot to take away what works on its own terms to help make it unique.

Pretty much guaranteed this is going to be an Iron Man 3 situation, methinks.

Hordes of rampaging fanboys hating the everloving **** out of it, but I'll probably dig it bigtime.

*Shrugs*

Black says he still gets death threats over that.

Jesus Christ. All for doing something different.

Pretty much. McQuarrie's right, it's just not worth it when it comes to the nerds.

Pretty much. McQuarrie's right, it's just not worth it when it comes to the nerds.

He’s probably right. But we get punished along with the guys who are making the lives of the creators hard.

Ironically the ones sending death threats are usually the weakest ones from a physical standpoint.

All what fans ask is basically respect the original material. Ofcourse I dont support death threats btw.

All what fans ask is basically respect the original material. Ofcourse I dont support death threats btw.
That isn't true, at all. For every fan there to just have a good time, you have those that have a weird take on what it means to "respect the material". And not from a storytelling perspective.

Last edited:
Exactly. What is "respecting the source material" but a vague way of saying you want the material treated however you personally feel it should be interpeted and that any other interpetation is heresey?

Does the kid still have a big part in the movie & they are trying to hide it with the new trailer? Seem like people were criticizing the kid in the movie too.

I’m thinking that stays in but if the rest of the movie is good enough, I’m pretty easy going. I’ll still dislike it but I can not stress about it.

But I will say I’m in the camp that doesn’t really like Shane Black’s movies but I’m too much of a Predator fan to do less than watching any movie at least once.

Exactly. What is "respecting the source material" but a vague way of saying you want the material treated however you personally feel it should be interpeted and that any other interpetation is heresey?

Personally I dislike Homecoming movie. Others like it. But to me is ultimate abnomination to source material even though movie is good, well directed and acted. Still i dont send death threats. But there is no way in hell I pay a ticket for Homecoming 2.

An excerpt from the recent Empire Magazine article. Basically how Upgrade came to be.

"The challenge became to make it frightening," says Black. Cause upon that hinged everything - whether you bought our heroes going against him and felt a real threat for them. We had to invent a scenario in which the Predators were mysterious and scary again."

Black and Dekker's handiwork resulted in the 'Upgrade'. Predator plus. Bigger, meaner and nasty as hell. Ten feet tall and midnight black, bristling with spines, skin thickened with chitinous organic armour - the product of harvesting DNA from the deadliest creatures on every world it's hunted. The ultimate expression of Predator dominance.

It's really disappointing to think they couldn't come up with a more creative way to make Predators scary again.

Personally I dislike Homecoming movie. Others like it. But to me is ultimate abnomination to source material even though movie is good, well directed and acted. Still i dont send death threats. But there is no way in hell I pay a ticket for Homecoming 2.

tumblr_ovl9nrc5zA1rrkahjo5_540.gif

The thing with source material is that these characters have been around so long that there are often several interpretations for filmmakers to lift from when making comic book movies.

That particular shot of the Predator looks a bit weird. Either the mask is a size too small, or the head is a size too big. It looks like the mandibles and jaw are pushed out from under the mask.

It's a new bread of Preds, he's microcephal :)
I find his armor too sleek and neat, full chest piece, shiny shoulder pad, he must be a WoW player !

I'm starting to like the armor. As I've seen somebody point out, the armor gives him kind of a royal look. And I'd actually like it if that were the case and we're dealing with Predator royalty. Though it probably won't be. But if there's nothing to contradict it, I guess you could always make it personal head-canon.

Prince Pred isn't that bad to rationalize this armor design.
Anyway, that will be the least of the movie issues.

I ****ing love the Fugitive Predator so much, it's a good design. Why oh why does this Upgrade Predator have to a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"