• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings General Discussion and Speculation thread

To be fair, that’s like how 90% of marvel villains got their powers lol

They should attach the vaccine to radioactive spiders.

I am curious to see if Shang Chi gets the attention of any characters that already exist in the MCU because right now (based on the cast) it's a standalone. Now the first two Guardians movies were pretty much standalone but they were in space and didn't join with the Avengers until Infinity War. Shang Chi is on Earth, so his actions should get the attention of a character that we already know. Doesn't need to be in the movie, it could be in the mid credits or post-credits, like how we saw Bucky in post credits for Black Panther or Thor in the mid credits for Dr. Strange.

I‘m not really interested in the character of Shang Chi but into the world he lives in. Epic landscapes, asian mythology, dragons...the Mandarin of course.
Also how Shang Chi will be connected to the MCU characters. There sure will be a big cameo, so that everyone knows: ah that’s a movie set in the MCU. They will se that probably in their marketing for the movie

I‘m not really interested in the character of Shang Chi but into the world he lives in. Epic landscapes, asian mythology, dragons...the Mandarin of course.
Also how Shang Chi will be connected to the MCU characters. There sure will be a big cameo, so that everyone knows: ah that’s a movie set in the MCU. They will se that probably in their marketing for the movie

Shang Chi, the Eternals, Moon Knight, Blade, Ironheart and Ms. Marvel interest me the most among the new characters because of how they will eventually connect to other MCU Characters. As much as I enjoyed adult Monica Rambeau and I expect I will like Kate Bishop and Jennifer Walters, all three already have previous connections with other MCU characters (although I am interested in seeing the dynamic between a now older Monica and Carol Danvers) and Monica has already interacted with Wanda, Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis. We've already seen US Agent interact with Sam and Bucky. You don't introduce new characters into the MCU and not ever connect them to the other MCU characters, especially now with Kevin Feige in charge of everything. It may not happen right away but it will happen. Out of the new characters that right now have no connections or interactions with prior MCU characters, Ironheart and Ms. Marvel seem most likely to have those connections by the time their shows end. I could see either Carol or Monica (or even Nick Fury) showing up in the post-credits in Ms. Marvel and one of Rhodey, Happy or Pepper showing up in Ironheart.

I don't have any predictions as to how Shang Chi will connect to the rest of the MCU and it's too soon right now to predict anything for Blade or Moon Knight until they both complete casting. I don't see the Eternals interacting with other MCU characters until their second movie (if there is one).

64305C88-DFB9-4187-B5DB-8E3DB904B639.jpeg
E462F1B7-9EBB-44B8-BA32-1D7BD7B24F37.jpeg

After seeing the Action Figures I’m wondering when Shang-Chi is set, I can’t remember if it’s mentioned if it’s set in current MCU Timeline (2024) or if it’s set before Iron Man hmmm...

After seeing the Action Figures I’m wondering when Shang-Chi is set, I can’t remember if it’s mentioned if it’s set in current MCU Timeline (2024) or if it’s set before Iron Man hmmm...

If Shang Chi is before Iron Man this brings forth a huge question:

where the hell has he been for the last 13 years?

If Shang Chi is before Iron Man this brings forth a huge question:

where the hell has he been for the last 13 years?

If it is set before Iron Man maybe he been busy running his Ten Rings and if they going the Alien Ship origin maybe it took him that long to retrofit and create the Rings from Alien Tech??

That’s the issue I have with Mandarin in MCU he hasn’t really do much, so hopefully this film gives us a reason for this song not just cause his a behind the shadows kind of villain that doesn’t get his hands dirty himself.

Funko's

EyTEE6RWUA0EbH9

So among the Big 3 of Aliens, Androids and Wizards, where would the villains of Shang Chi fit in?

So among the Big 3 of Aliens, Androids and Wizards, where would the villains of Shang Chi fit in?
Assuming the rings work as they usually do, the closest we could say is Mandarin as a Wizard, that's a stretch though.

Yeah, the "big three" don't make too much sense anyway. Most MCU villains are just (enhanced) non-magical humans, like Iron Monger, Abomination, Whiplash, Red Skull, Killian, Winter Soldier, Crossbones, Batroc, Alexander Pierce, Klaw, Yellowjacket, Zemo, Vulture, Shocker, Killmonger, Ghost, Mysterio, Taskmaster, Hayward, Flag-Smasher, etc.

The toys for this are making me more eXcited for the film!

September can't come soon enough!

I hope we get the trailer neXt month!

Anyone find the Labour Day weekend release date really odd? I mean, I guess normal box office rules don't apply under these unique circumstances but it's just really surprising they chose this date. You have to wonder if they just need to get it out there because they can't really move forward with other shows/movies until the audience sees it. Kind of like how they couldn't put off Black Widow anymore because apparently the Hawkeye show has Black Widow spoilers and that's why Feige settled for a simultaneous Disney+ release (even though he, like many filmmakers, are against day and date streaming releases).

That and, like I said, normal box office rules perhaps don't apply here. Labour Day weekend or not, lots of people will show up.

As someone outside America, I don’t even know when Labour day is (apparently I know now).
Our Labour day is on the 1st of May - the week when MCU movies were released since the 1st Avengers movie

Anyone find the Labour Day weekend release date really odd? I mean, I guess normal box office rules don't apply under these unique circumstances but it's just really surprising they chose this date. You have to wonder if they just need to get it out there because they can't really move forward with other shows/movies until the audience sees it. Kind of like how they couldn't put off Black Widow anymore because apparently the Hawkeye show has Black Widow spoilers and that's why Feige settled for a simultaneous Disney+ release (even though he, like many filmmakers, are against day and date streaming releases).

That and, like I said, normal box office rules perhaps don't apply here. Labour Day weekend or not, lots of people will show up.
Labor day weekend is typically a big box office weekend so, no I'm not surprised. Godzilla vs Kong is doing incredibly well at the box office - come September this could do even better.

I got a prediction on how this film would connect to the general MCU:

depending on the timeline the martial arts tournament takes place, perhaps Batroc makes an appearance. That would connect the film to the rest of the MCU.

The only thing I've seen online is that the movie could take place during the 5 years of the blip, but that's just rumors.

The only thing I've seen online is that the movie could take place during the 5 years of the blip, but that's just rumors.

That could be interesting. This movie interests me a lot from the standpoint of "how's he going to attract the attention of another MCU character that we already know?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"