Shang-Chi 2 Discussion Thread

I mean, if the story they had written/started production on was meant to take place after the events of other projects (Avengers or Kang Dynasty) where ever we see Shang Chi show up next, I makes since with delays on those projects...

they can't just go back and rewrite a solo sequel and redo any work they already put into the project, to make it set before these events

and this is for the most part how all the solo movies have been handled (with maybe a few exceptions like Ironman 2) where you only get 1 solo movie between the main crossover events (unfortunately Shang Chi show up in anything in between) where we normally would have some cameo or crossover with other characters to not make it seem like it's been as long as it was before seeing these characters again (in there own solo sequels) and back then the big crossover even came more frequently

I hope Shang Chi shows up some where else before their next solo movie (and maybe has a sizeble role to play the next crossover movie) but, I'd rather wait a proper movie that they planned, then a rushed movie just to get another movie out sooner

It should be coming out neXt year if not 2025.

Waiting more than 4 years for a sequel, especially the first one is crazy long.

Is that the longest in between solo sequels for the MCU?

Is that the longest in between solo sequels for the MCU?

MOM came out almost six years after the first Dr. Strange. Albeit he made other appearances of course.

As far as Shang-Chi 2 is concerned though, I'm thinking it'll be a 2026 release barring another reshuffling.

I think we might get Shang-Chi 2 before Avengers 5 now.

Marvel Studios really should have kept him for Shang-Chi in the first place, instead of hiring him for Avengers 5.
I think we're getting Naruto before Shang-Chi 2 now.

Given how the first film ended, I wonder if Xialing is basically set up to be a villain or an anti-hero in the MCU? You can't really tell what she'll be...but I would say she definitely feels like a Thunderbolt type character

I think its too bad that Shang-Chi 2 is taking so long. And I wonder if there's still enough interest for a sequel in 2027 and 2028...

Like for a C tier Marvel hero having a successful movie in the middle of a pandemic, Disney surely could have fast tracked a Shang-Chi 2, to take opportunity of the movie's success.

At this point, they should probably set aside Blade (and Armor Wars), and focus on sequels that have a bigger chance at succeeding at the boX office. Shang-Chi, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther and of course Avengers.

I'm hoping Blade gets canceled (for the time being) and we get Shang-Chi 2 as the first 2026 mcu film. Hopefully, in SDCC'24, they will officially announce SC2 along with a date!

We're already getting a batter Blade movie anyways, not made by Marvel.

The Yasuke film that was recently announced? I think.

Recent rumors:

Time travel

An Iron Fist by the name of Janora will be involved. She'll apparently make her debut in the upcoming Disney+ show Eyes of Wakanda first

If true, great way to reintroduce and utilize the Iron Fist mythos.

Recent rumors:

Time travel

An Iron Fist by the name of Janora will be involved. She'll apparently make her debut in the upcoming Disney+ show Eyes of Wakanda first

If true, great way to reintroduce and utilize the Iron Fist mythos.
Not another Disney+ show!....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"