Who should play Shang-Chi and the other characters?

Would love to see Mike Moh as Shang Chi so I can forget his role as Handsome Squidward on Inhumans.

His Bruce Lee pastiche in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood caught my eye, at least.

I think I have a crush on Ludi Lin.

But seriously, his career seems to be gaining momentum and Marvel should tap into that.

I totally get that. It’s the mix of rock hard abs, jet black hair and soulful but playful eyes

Well if Shang Chi has any of the swagger and confidence that Andrew Koji displays in Warrior, then I think I choose him. The opening scene in the first episode was enough to convince me.

So who is the Brit that they cast for this movie? Any notable Chinese Brits outside of Benedict Wong and Jessica Henwick?

Yeah but we’re talking British peeps aren’t we?

I'd be up for Steven Yeun. He's a decent enough actor. Not too famous but def not an uknown. He's the ideal amount of fame for the MCU. He's 36 but can easily play a decade younger.

I think I have a crush on Ludi Lin.

But seriously, his career seems to be gaining momentum and Marvel should tap into that.
That dude can't even act. He was one of the worst things about the Power Rangers reboot, and that's saying a lot.

but does MCU actors need to be good actor?
and marvel is not dumb, they are not going to hire non chinese for sang chi.

Yeah being a decent actor is a good idea. Obviously not someone that’s boring or doesn’t make the script come to life.

Lin will be fine though, he didn’t have much to do in power rangers but what little he had he really owned plus obviously he’s done other stuff too

but does MCU actors need to be good actor?
and marvel is not dumb, they are not going to hire non chinese for sang chi.
What kind of question is that? Of course they need to be good actors IF THEY ARE PLAYING THE MAIN CHARACTER. All the main mcu heroes and heroines are good/great actors or at least solid ones.

Well that seems a bit vague. What about Malaysian Chinese? And do they consider Taiwanese to be Chinese? What about Chinese born in the US or the UK? Or does it have to be someone born and brought up in China?

Well that seems a bit vague. What about Malaysian Chinese? And do they consider Taiwanese to be Chinese? What about Chinese born in the US or the UK? Or does it have to be someone born and brought up in China?

Reading that myself my guess is just that they have to be of Chinese descent regardless of where they were born and raised. Feige said this Shang Chi is supposed to be Chinese American so I'm pretty confident that they're not going to hire a mainland Chinese actor who speaks English with a thick accent. Unless they just want to create more controversy after the Ancient One stuff from Dr. Strange.

I think they will target Chinese from the US, Canada, and other English speaking nations 1st. I think that will also include mainland stars who were born in a Western country like the US but moved there for work.

This guy is relatively old (49) and Korean so I don't think he'll have any chance. Name dropping him anyway for consideration.

Lee_Byung-Hun-p04.jpg

Lee Byung-hun

It would be fun to do a korean marvel hero one day. Shang Chi isn’t it but one day. I feel like kdramas and marvel would meld quite well

Are we even going to get most of Shang Chi's supporting cast from the early comics? Most of them were white agents (can't remember if they were MI6) whom he aided in their fight against Fu Manchu.

But I don't know that they would even want a white cast or if they're going for an all-Asian cast. If it is the latter, then I don't see them having any of his allies unless somehow they're rewritten as Chinese people.

No idea. But I reckon every Chinese character in the marvel u has the potential to appear. There’s even no reason why they couldn’t dip into the iron fist mythos the way cap marvel borrowed from the FF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"