Shang - Chi

Think they'll introduce an MCU version of Iron fist? Or at least mention kun lun in this movie?

We all know who the villain will be ...daddy issues lol

Think they'll introduce an MCU version of Iron fist? Or at least mention kun lun in this movie?

I doubt Iron Fist will get introduced, at least not in the first one, but a mention of Kun Lun isn't out of the realm of possibilities. I'd love to see a rebooted Iron Fist and Luke Cage on the big screen

I'd like to see the characters that they have dumped to streaming and Tv especially the lead characters (except for Aos/Runaways) in the mcu films. But they'd probably be a supporting character just like the Avengers that don't have a solo film but I guess thats better than nothing. Though I like to see a good Iron Fist film, a good DD film... Inhumans too. I can't watch their tv shows and not feel exhausted trying to watch all of the episodes and not notice how they drag things and how they keep things under budget/cheap.

The ones that I'm okay for not getting their solo film treatment are JJ, Luke, Punisher, Cloak/Dagger.

Last edited:
Wonder if they're going to go a more grounded approach...I kind of want to see some crazy mystical stuff lol.

They might have to change Fu Manchu's name lol.

I've been waiting for a smaller scaled Mcu film like a film with a 70 million to 100 million budget. Not as expensive as the other MCU movies but not cheap compare to Marvel TV's shows. I wonder if this is going to be the first one.

I feel like Marvel did a good job showcasing Magic/mystic stuff in Dr. Strange and I think they would also nail the Kung Fu/fighting aspect of Shang Chi.

Last edited:
Wonder if they're going to go a more grounded approach...I kind of want to see some crazy mystical stuff lol.

I guarantee that name will not be used lol

I've been waiting for a smaller scaled Mcu film like a film with 70 million to 100 million. Not as expensive as the other MCU movies but not cheap compare to Marvel TV's shows. I wonder if this is going to be the first one.

I feel like Marvel did a good job showcasing Magic/mystic stuff in Dr. Strange and I think they would also nail the Kung Fu/fighting aspect of Shang Chi.
Black Widow will probably have a smaller budget too
Sub-forum?

Definitely need one now @ mods :cwink:

This is a fine choice. Now get a kick-ass fight choreographer like Yuen Wo-ping or a disciple of his possibly and it's shaping up nicely. Replace the usual Marvel choreography team if u have to cuz this needs to feel like true martial arts true wushu style baby!

Destin Daniel Cretton is Ryan Coogler's buddy. The two of them developed a tv show together. No doubt Coogler will lend Cretton some support if he wants it.

Zhang Zu tried to marry one of his daughters off to T'Challa in the comics in the hopes of securing power over both Asia and Africa. Be interesting if that gets brought up in the movies.

Marvel were calling Fu Manchu Mr Han in the comics when they lost the rights. Marvel have been using the name Zheng Zu as Shang Chi's father's name for almost a decade now. Zheng Zu will probably be his name in the movie.

In the comics Fu Manchu always had a bunch of alias names anyway (he was a master of disguise and immortal so the loss of rights to Fu Manchu and negative connotation connected to the character were no great loss.

Marvel should avoid the whole "scientifically perfect" white American woman for Shang Chi's mother. I can't imagine that going down well today.

I wonder if they will just make Zheng Zu a regular Chinese crime boss or if they will include the whole immortal Elixir thing and army of magical ninjas si-fan.

Last edited:
Yeah, they've got a decent setup. The Eternals will have a big budget, Black Widow's will be small. BP2 and Strange 2 will be big, Shang-Chi will be small.

And yeah, it seems pretty obvious to have Zheng Zu as the debut villain. They could also tie him into finally completing the Mandarin arc. i for one wouldn't mind Zheng actually being The Mandarin. And I still want Jackie Chan in the part.

Destin Daniel Cretton is Ryan Coogler's buddy. The two of them developed a tv show together. No doubt Coogler will lend Cretton some support if he wants it.

Zhang Zu tried to marry one of his daughters off to T'Challa in the comics in the hopes of securing power over both Asia and Africa. Be interesting if that gets brought up in the movies.

Marvel were calling Fu Manchu Mr Han in the comics when they lost the rights. Marvel have been using the name Zheng Zu as Shang Chi's father's name for almost a decade now. Zheng Zu will probably be his name in the movie.

In the comics Fu Manchu always had a bunch of alias names anyway (he was a master of disguise and immortal so the loss of rights to Fu Manchu and negative connotation connected to the character were no great loss.

Marvel should avoid the whole "scientifically perfect" white American woman for Shang Chi's mother. I can't imagine that going down well today.

I wonder if they will just make Zheng Zu a regular Chinese crime boss or if they will include the whole immortal Elixir thing and army of magical ninjas si-fan.

I'm so in for magical elixers and ninja's throw in some big trouble in little china dudes in big hats too lmao

I think Shang Chi will be in the 130 to 160 million budget range.

Andy Lau (who was originally going to be in Iron Man 3) or Donnie Yen (who was in Disney's Star wars Rogue One) would be my choices for Zheng Zu. Both speak English and are notable actors.

Lau is one of the biggest actors in Asia and starred in notable films like Infernal Affairs (remade as The Departed) ad academy award nominated movie House of Flying Daggers.

Hire all those guys. Bring in Sammo Hung too where's he been? lol

I could definitely see "an" Iron Fist introduced in the show, but not Danny Rand. And maybe even an Immortal Weapon like Bride of Nine Spiders or Fat Cobra.

And Shang-Chi's dad should the Real Mandarin.

Well, I love Short Term 12. I don't really see it being as heartwarming as ST12 was, but great choice.

Love this choice of director! I expect a high quality script with great characters (a la Black Panther).

My choices for Shang-Chi:
Eddie Peng
Godfrey Gao
Harry Shum Jr.

Really excited for this, along with BP 2 and Eternals. Post-Endgame MCU is shaping up to be quite interesting.

I think Shang Chi will be in the 130 to 160 million budget range.

Andy Lau (who was originally going to be in Iron Man 3) or Donnie Yen (who was in Disney's Star wars Rogue One) would be my choices for Zheng Zu. Both speak English and are notable actors.

Lau is one of the biggest actors in Asia and starred in notable films like Infernal Affairs (remade as The Departed) ad academy award nominated movie House of Flying Daggers.

Lau is also 57. Maybe plays shang chi's father.

I know absolutely nothing about this character but i'm pretty excited to see what a martial artist superhero can bring to the MCU. Also great choice of director (Short Term 12 was terrific)

uu9pmDP.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"