Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Posted on her Insta on Jan 30 th 2019.
  • martamilans
    This is what it looks like doing ADR for @shazammovie with our director @ponysmasher .. just another day at the office ... @wbpictures ❤️❤️ almost there guys !!!!!!
    49984364_2261759194149127_1216293241544129635_n.jpg

Pretty sure at this point they're going by the Aquaman model. And James Wan spelled it out pretty clear, and yes, we want a second trailer, but fans are pretty entitled. Admit it, we are. Would another trailer be nice? Sure. Is it the end of the world if you don't get one today? No. And when it finally does come, then many wonder 'Well, now they're spoiling it,' or 'Were they just afraid?'

Patience, people. The second trailer will comes when it comes, and when it does, all the people fretting over a lack of marketing will suddenly say 'What were you all worried about?'

Just one more trailer would be enough for me, and I do think they know what they're doing.
But the recent Lego Movie 2 fumble did make me a bit worried.

Aquaman's final trailer dropped a month before it's North American premiere. If we are to assume that Shazam! is going to follow Aquman's marketing model then we are very likely to get the 2nd and final trailer on or just before Captain Marvel's opening weekend at the domestic box office. The 2nd trailer for Detective Pikachu has already been rated by classification boards so we'll definitely hear some news about Shazam!'s next trailer within that time period.

Last edited:
Aquaman's final trailer dropped a month before it's North American premiere. If we are to assume that Shazam! is going to follow Aquman's marketing model then we are very likely to get the 2nd and final trailer on or just before Captain Marvel's opening weekend at the domestic box office. The 2nd trailer for Detective Pikachu has been already been rated by classification boards so we'll definitely hear some news about Shazam!'s next trailer within that time period.

I sure hope they follow the Aquaman model not only in terms of marketing but also in terms of fleshing out story

Newer TV spots.
Nothing major are new, just more angle and skyline footage and such.

Definitely buying my tickets early especially for this film

This movie is going to be fun. I hope it becomes successful to warrant sequels/crossovers, just to see Zach Levi interact with (confused) Supes & Bats

This movie is going to be fun. I hope it becomes successful to warrant sequels/crossovers, just to see Zach Levi interact with (confused) Supes & Bats
The universe needs a Superman and Batman for that to happen...

The thread has been so quiet.

People need to look more alive.

Trying to be hyped for a non-trailer that blows people away lol, while preaching every week how the marketing's gonna show too much next week.

Like, general audiences seriously need to know about this film, a bit worried that even the main thread is so quiet. Bombarding everything they have in the last 2 weeks is their strategy? =P

*maybe they'll drop a full trailer tomorrow lol

Moderately.

And re marketing, hopefully that is 4 weeks of bombarding since cap marvel is next week. And everyone is saying they wait for that hurdle to pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"