Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandberg memin

ZcmG11W.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/7pyy97/news_shazam_release_date_040519/dsl5tai/

Well how about that.

So Shazam is keeping the April 2019 release date. Good.

Even better that they're not releasing it in 3D, which means the budget is probably lower too.

If this is accurate, Mark Strong confirms Dr. Sivana
http://t.co/9d13JEXPu4
He shared: "I've been training like a mad man, I'm about to go over and see the stunt guys, I've been trying all of these harnesses on and I think I'm going to be doing lots of flying around and firing electricity out of my hands."
I don't know, are they turning Sivana into a fighter?
Flying? And lightning from hands?

I seriously hope that to give SHAZAM/Captain Marvel someone to fight, just because they separated Teth Adam into his own movie, that they don't feel like they have to turn Sivana into a brawler?
180px-Doctor-Sivana.jpg

^While there are hysterical instances where he powers himself up, I imagined Sivana as more using others to do his biding and fighting for him (Seven Deadly Sins, Oggar, Ibac, etc.).
Or use a giant robot, his own (or Mr. Atom) under his control. While he hangs back safely manipulating at the controls.

Last edited:
I don't know, are they turning Sivana into a fighter?
Flying? And lightning from hands?

I seriously hope that to give SHAZAM/Captain Marvel someone to fight, just because they separated Teth Adam into his own movie, that they don't feel like they have to turn Sivana into a brawler?

I love Mark Strong but have to agree with this.

He shared: "I've been training like a mad man, I'm about to go over and see the stunt guys, I've been trying all of these harnesses on and I think I'm going to be doing lots of flying around and firing electricity out of my hands."

Might end up looking cheesy in the movie especially since Dr. Sivana is more of a manipulator evil guy who pulls strings from behind the curtains rather than becoming a muscle man, he is "mind over muscle" kind of guy.

I think he may trick Shazam into giving him his powers briefly.

I find it quite funny that after making a big deal of how secretive the production is, he leaks a massive plot point.

I'm wary of Sivana getting powers, but it has been done well in the past so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Don't like the "firing electricity out of my hands" bit, not a fan of that addition to Caps powers.

I find it quite funny that after making a big deal of how secretive the production is, he leaks a massive plot point.

I'm wary of Sivana getting powers, but it has been done well in the past so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Don't like the "firing electricity out of my hands" bit, not a fan of that addition to Caps powers.

cJlBUVL.gif

I always remember this scene when I hear someone mention that. :oldrazz:

I assume that he basically tricks him into transferring some of the power to him or he finds a way to get it from one of the kids.

Asher Angel is growing up fast !

By the time a sequel gets made (after Shazam and Black Adam) he will look as tall as Zachrey Levi, maybe after 10 years he can play adult Shazam himself ! :o

Methinks, they should have chosen even younger Billy Batson for first movie.

Asher Angel is growing up fast !

By the time a sequel gets made (after Shazam and Black Adam) he will look as tall as Zachrey Levi, maybe after 10 years he can play adult Shazam himself ! :o

Methinks, they should have chosen even younger Billy Batson for first movie.

That's what I've thought too. He already looks like he's going to mature and in danger of being too old for the role. I don't see why they couldn't have gone younger.

Don't know what's legit there either, but I'm fine with most of it.
Sivana using his own family to his own twisted end, actually makes sense.
My previous concern was they were having Sivana go one to one against Cap Marvel/Shazam as some kind of powered up brawler , using and putting his own kids between reads more true.
As to the character bio of Sivana as "Sorcerer" rather than scientist, is a bit disconcerting, but that may just be a short hand, if they are describing a character who unnaturally combines science with magic for twisted end, to extend his own life (I imagine that's what they mean by "regenerate"), or to power up his children as weapons, etc. It makes sense.

And Teth Adam, having a not so secret cameo, makes the most sense!
If the "Magic" and somehow Adam is being re-awoken resurrected, drawn back to the power.And its been corrupted, who gets access to it should be part of the story.
Adam who will be established in the next film, in the past. as the fallen champion, would see himself as next in line, when things are "awoken" and Billy gets chosen, although Sivana will be the villain. there should be a hint that Adam is coming for it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh, you fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member