SHH Secret SANTA 2012!!!

Unfortunately you are a buck too short and a couple of days two late. Signups are closed.

Names have already been assigned and I know some have started working on their gifts (including myself).

I will most likely be hosting it again next year unless something happens so keep an eye on it early December, 2013.

I have such a fun idea for my pick but I can't make moving things, or add music to them :(

You should retitle the thread "You're too late *******!!"

I have such a fun idea for my pick but I can't make moving things, or add music to them :(

There's a free program called Gimp, which allows you to make GIF's, if that helps. Though if you haven't made them before if can be a little confusing, you might need to brush up on a tutorial or two off of google. Gimp works a bit like Photoshop.

There's plenty of online gif editors... none that I can access at work to post links for, but a simple google search could solve any problem known to man.

I've never done anything more than microsoft paint. :(

Basically, the idea is to use stills of people/characters and have them moving in and out of the shot with music playing in the back ground. Quick little video.

I've never done anything more than microsoft paint. :(

Basically, the idea is to use stills of people/characters and have them moving in and out of the shot with music playing in the back ground. Quick little video.

HobJew, that's easy. Just take a camcorder/webcam/cell phone and prop it in front of you. Then you print out various amusing/shocking/pleasurable pictures. Press play on whichever music player you choose to use to play your epic/sultry/melencholy music and then you use your hands to "use stills of people/characters and have them moving in and out of the shot with music playing in the back ground".

HAH! That'd actually work in a lame-o sort of way... but I have no idea how to use my web cam... and have nothing to plug my cellphone into :(

You have no idea how technology dumb I am :(

You just made me sad. Now I want to start fundraising to raise donations for some sort of life-training for technologically deficient individuals in a technological world.

True story... I couldn't get our dvd player to work last week. My daughters wanted to watch something and I couldn't get it going. I had to wait until my wife got off work.

I just learned how apps work on my phone a couple months ago. Trying to figure out Skype made my head explode. And I don't even have old people excuse. I'm only 31.

Does anyone else ever wonder if maybe they're mentally handicapped but but have never been told? I feel like that sometimes.

Dose eeyone telse elmer ponder it mayne there menially handclapped but but but but has neber bim tolled? I am that sometimes.

It's ok, take your time. I think I understand what you're saying, gosh, what you're typing must look different to you. Anyway, no, no, you're fine.

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with just not understanding tech. I'm not good at mechanics. There are ppl who can take an engine apart blindfolded. I'd probably drive them insane if they tried to teach me that.

If you don't get it, don't worry. That's what Kane's for in the GIF thread.

Last edited:
I just don't want to look lamer than I feel lol. I have no idea why I told Powder I would do this. I think it's hard hahaha

I'll make sure to make my gift inspired by 50 Tyson. :awesome:

Only two more days until the BIG day.

Just wondering which Christmas movies do people like watching during this Season

Mine in no particular order:
1. Scrooged
2. A Christmas Story
3. One Magic Christmas
4. Elf
5. It's a Wonderful Life
6. Nothing Like The Holidays
7. Jingle All The Way
8. A Nightmare Before Christmas
9. Santa Clause
10. Polar Express
11. Die Hard
12. Christmas Vacation
13. Home Alone
14. A Christmas Carol (Original)
15. A Charlie Brown Christmas
16. Gremlins
17. Love Actually
18. Fred Claus
19. A Miracle on 34th Street (Original)
20. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version)

Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Scrooged
Elf
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (live action)
Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer
Home Alone
Gremlins
Love Actually
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Charlie Brown's Christmas special
A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas movie
Jingle All the Way
Bad Santa
Fred Clause
Ernest Saves Christmas
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
The Christmas Shoes

I've never seen A Miracle on 34th Street for some reason.

It's a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Polar Express
Nightmare Before Christmas
Home Alone
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

I don't really watch much television but I make sure to always watch A Christmas Story at least once every christmas. It's on my top 10 favorite Movies list (and yes, I actually have a list).

This year, I've also watched Gremlins (first time in years) and the majority of Jim Carrey's Grinch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"