Revenge of the Fallen Shia Labouef arrested for Drink Driving may do Jail time

"We can replace him with explosions if we need to, so don't worry."

Looks like Shia wasn't the cause of the accident, but the other car ran the red light and hit Shia and Isabel..

Police: Shia LaBeouf was not at fault in car crash
BY NANCY DILLON
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

Updated Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 4:20 PM

LOS ANGELES - He may have been drunk, but Hollywood heartthrob Shia LaBeouf didn't cause the dramatic weekend car accident that ended in his arrest, cops said Tuesday.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department investigators said another car blew a red light and broadsided LaBeouf's truck in the Sunday smashup.

"At this point it appears the other driver ran a red light, and LaBeouf was not the cause of the accident," Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told the Daily News.

The "Indiana Jones" star isn't off the hook yet.

LaBeouf, 22, was charged with misdemeanor DUI after displaying "outward sings of intoxication" at the West Hollywood intersection where his Ford pickup landed on its roof.

Whitmore said the department is still awaiting the results of LaBeouf's toxicology test, which should determine the actor's blood alcohol level and whether he'll face additional charges.

LaBeouf and shotgun passenger Isabel Lucas, the gorgeous Australian actress linked to "Entourage" star Adrian Grenier, were admitted to Cedars Sinai Medical Center where LaBeouf underwent "extensive" hand surgery.

Lucas, 23, LeBeouf's co-star in the new "Transformers 2" movie, was treated for minor injuries and released.

She was back on the sequel's set Monday, a studio source said.

LaBeouf's recuperation could take a month, according to his reps.

[email protected]

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...police_shia_labeouf_was_not_at_fault_in_.html

yea so is 90 percent of teenage holly wood they are all trouble makers so theres nothing to do about it.

Who cares about him? Find someone else. Get anyone, it doesn't matter. It's all about Megatron.

Director Bay Predicted Labeouf Crash
31 July 2008 11:59 PM, PDT

Transformers 2 director Michael Bay predicted Shia Labeouf would be involved in a road collision - he warned the star to be careful while driving just weeks before his car crash at the weekend.

The actor was arrested and charged with driving under the influence (DUI) after his truck flipped across a road and collided with another vehicle in Hollywood on Sunday.

Labeouf underwent "extensive surgery" on his hand after sustaining the injury in the accident, which reportedly means shooting on the Transformers sequel has stalled as cast and crew wait for the star to recover.

And in a bizarre twist, Bay revealed how he urged the young actor to take care on the roads when he bought a motorbike - because he risked putting the film's staff out of a job if he injured himself.

He tells America's Access Hollywood, ""We had a little heart to heart the week before when he bought a brand new motorcycle and I (said), 'Dude! You cannot ride that motorcycle! If you crash, you put 1,500 people out of work'. He said, 'Ok, I won't ride it, I won't ride it, I'll just drive my truck'."

And the moviemaker has confirmed Labeouf's injury has cost the movie some set-backs.

Bay adds, "I spoke to him yesterday in the hospital. His two fingers are pretty mashed, but we're figuring out a way to shoot around it, kind of write it in the story."

So they'll write it in....thats good I guess.

Great so his hand is going to be bandaged up for half the film :down

I dont understand why these people are driving under the influence in the first place. If i had their money i'd get my butt driven all over the place!!

"His two fingers are pretty smashed, but we're figuring out a way to shoot around it, kind of write it into the story," Bay told the syndicated entertainment program.

Go Bay!

I'm glad Labouef and everyone involved in this came out reasonably okay all things considerd.:o:up:

What he chooses to do in his personal life is his business really but whether the accident was his fault or not there's no excuse for getting behind the while intoxicated.Especially if you're earning enough money to get a chauffeur or a cab.:nono:

I hated Shia before now with him drunk driving makes me hate him even more. I only wish Paramount re-casted his ash.

I'd say sucks to be him...... but it still doesnt lol

I'm sure that vehicle that crashed into Shia's car is a Decepticon. :D

sad part is that he isnt ganna learn from his mistake.

Nope, and it'll probably get worse considering he will most likely be on some kind of pain medication especially if he is really going to try to make it back to filming in a month.

Star Magazine is reporting that due to the accident Shia was in on July 27th, he may lose the pinky finger on his left hand. The report is from Star, whose reputation is spotty at best so I hope they are way off the mark.
Doctors have told Shia LaBeouf they may have to amputate one of his injured fingers, Star has learned exclusively.
The young star, now working on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is likely to lose the pinky on his left hand, a source on the movie set says.

"Shia called producers yesterday and told them," the source on the set in Alamogordo, N.M. says. "It's really thrown the movie into turmoil."

Shia, 21, mangled his hand when his SUV rolled over twice in a July 27 accident in West Hollywood. He was cited for DUI although cops say they do not believe the accident was his fault.

A request for comment from Shia's rep was not answered at press time.​
Bay has previously commented that Shia's "two fingers are pretty mashed...", or "crushed" as Shia's lawyers described it. Surgery was required to repair his hand after the accident. Sadly the need for an amputation is not far-fetched especially if the surgery didn't work or the area was infected enough that gangrene has set in. The only treatment once gangrene sets in is debridement or removal of the infected tissue, i.e. remove the finger. Hopefully Star's report will be confirmed as untrue so its too early to speculate the impact it would have on Transformers 2 production. Thanks to Melvin for the heads-up.
Damn and bugger....

Give it to us straight Doc, will he live or will Tyrese have to carry this movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"