The Dark Knight Rises Official Selina Kyle / Catwoman thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Laderlappen said, main character, not main villain. I don't think Catwoman should be a villain at all. And she doesn't have to be a cleavage-y sexpot, b/c yes, I agree that would seem tacky. She can wear something similar to jmc's or elgato's artwork - very tasteful, functional outfits. She's a professional thief who has developed a skill set that makes her very good at her job, and she uses her rewards to help Gotham in her own way. Her cover is a wealthy socialite. Much like Batman. The only difference is how they see the importance of the law, and that Catwoman genuinely enjoys what she does. I don't see how that's too cheesy or unrealistic at all.

Like Laderlappen said, main character, not main villain. I don't think Catwoman should be a villain at all. And she doesn't have to be a cleavage-y sexpot, b/c yes, I agree that would seem tacky. She can wear something similar to jmc's or elgato's artwork - very tasteful, functional outfits. She's a professional thief who has developed a skill set that makes her very good at her job, and she uses her rewards to help Gotham in her own way. Her cover is a wealthy socialite. Much like Batman. The only difference is how they see the importance of the law, and that Catwoman genuinely enjoys what she does. I don't see how that's too cheesy or unrealistic at all.
Not mine?:(

Lol jk.

Like I said, I want the costume my designs and elgato's designs have. They're sleek, sexy and functional. And I would like a little purple on the costume like my last Catwoman manip.

Not mine?:(

Lol jk.

Like I said, I want the costume my designs and elgato's designs have. They're sleek, sexy and functional. And I would like a little purple on the costume like my last Catwoman manip.
Haha, yes, yours too batboy! I just saw jmc's and elgato's posted recently so they were the first to come to mind. So I shall rephrase: I think Catwoman should wear something similar to the jmc's, elgato's, and batboy's designs. :woot:

Ya, im really against them now. They look like bug eyes.

Catwoman with gggles reminds of The Batman series.

I think she should have goggles. But, normal practical goggles (ie, night-vision or infrared or both), not goofy cat-shaped ones, although they should look a little sleeker and more streamlined than your average, real-world ones. But they'd only have to cover her eyes when she's actually using them or when she knows she's on camera somewhere. I'd much prefer that to the old black eye make-up thing, which would be too much like Batman's style anyway. But she has to use one or the other, or it simply won't be believable that Bruce doesn't recognize her if he can see her eyes and lower-face and hear her voice. So I choose goggles, since they'd also serve a practical use. But for the record, I'd also like her to disguise her voice. Not like Bale - 'cuz that would be hilarious - but with an accent or something.

I'm not sure how the goggles look like bug eyes. In terms of covers, they've always drawn them rather sleek and cat-like to me.

And to be fair, Catwoman was being drawn with goggles long before The Batman aired.

The Batman Catwoman goggles look like bug eyes. She should have goggles, but not all the time, only in certain points in the movie.

She should wear them aroung her thigh like a garter, when not in use. She would look lovely when sliding them down her leather boots.

Very impractical to slide it up and down your leg, don't you think? :o

I think she should have goggles. But, normal practical goggles (ie, night-vision or infrared or both), not goofy cat-shaped ones, although they should look a little sleeker and more streamlined than your average, real-world ones. But they'd only have to cover her eyes when she's actually using them or when she knows she's on camera somewhere. I'd much prefer that to the old black eye make-up thing, which would be too much like Batman's style anyway. But she has to use one or the other, or it simply won't be believable that Bruce doesn't recognize her if he can see her eyes and lower-face and hear her voice. So I choose goggles, since they'd also serve a practical use. But for the record, I'd also like her to disguise her voice. Not like Bale - 'cuz that would be hilarious - but with an accent or something.

Good ideas.

I don't dislike goggles, but hell they look ridiculous sometimes, i think she should use them just in the time of the robbery, some hi tech night vision lenses and the keeo them in her back pack

Here's why I think Catwoman will be in this movie, possibly against all odds (I happen to like the character, BTW). Bruce Wayne has lost his childhood sweetheart, the one person who could push all his buttons, good and bad. He is a vigilante who spends all his stamina by beating villains to a pulp, spending an extreme amount of energy on it. Sure, he may be involved in purely sexual relations with members of his playboy entourage, although I doubt even this to be true as we all know it to be a front. To him, anyone who may arouse his interest is someone who understands him, like Rachel did, but in an entirely different fashion; enter Selina Kyle. Are you seriously telling me an Elle McPherson type would do? It would be almost insulting to the audience.

I think if we got Catwoman in the third movie, it should be the start of a consistant appearance, should they make a fourth.

They shouldn't make her a villain, strictly speaking, more of an antagonistic character who comes and goes while Batman is preoccupied with the main bad guy/plot of the movie.

Catwoman flirting with Batman shouldn't conflict with Bruce dating someone like Vicki Vale or Silver St Cloud (Catwoman- wild side, Vicki/Silver- grounded safety).

In the fourth movie Selina and Bruce should become serious, and this would mean the Vicki/Silver character would be omitted, but a main female villain like Poison Ivy or Talia could be introduced.

I think if we got Catwoman in the third movie, it should be the start of a consistant appearance, should they make a fourth.

They shouldn't make her a villain, strictly speaking, more of an antagonistic character who comes and goes while Batman is preoccupied with the main bad guy/plot of the movie.

Catwoman flirting with Batman shouldn't conflict with Bruce dating someone like Vicki Vale or Silver St Cloud (Catwoman- wild side, Vicki/Silver- grounded safety).

In the fourth movie Selina and Bruce should become serious, and this would mean the Vicki/Silver character would be omitted, but a main female villain like Poison Ivy or Talia could be introduced.

I agree with that..

But quick question why are there two Catwoman threads

I agree with that..

But quick question why are there two Catwoman threads
I think the other is more a casting thread. Same reason we have two Harley Quinn threads. Although I'd be happy if they merged...

Me too I want Catwoman too, last time we had the character back in 1992

catwoman should be like she was in Jeph Loeb's long halloween, a msyterious figure that goes against Batman but helps him at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"