The Dark Knight Rises Official Selina Kyle / Catwoman thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
catwoman should be like she was in Jeph Loeb's long halloween, a msyterious figure that goes against Batman but helps him at times

I like this idea, I always thought it would make their relationship so muuuccchhh mysterious if Bruce/Selina hardly encounter each other, but only as Batman/Catwoman..

I like this idea, I always thought it would make their relationship so muuuccchhh mysterious if Bruce/Selina hardly encounter each other, but only as Batman/Catwoman..

yeah it should be like the BTAS scenario, Selina loves Batman, like Bruce, Bruce loves Selina and likes Catwoman but has to bring her in.

I don't think the character of Catwoman should enter into the Batman series as soon as the next movie.

I think that it would be best if the character of Catwoman came out with her own movie, first. In that way, when she enters the Batman movie with her character and persona already established and therefore you can have Bats and Cats go dive right into the action.

The character of Selena Kyle is just too complex to be brought into the movie. She's technically a villain, but....eh....she also kinda/sort isn't. Plus the relationship between Selena and Bruce is something that needs to be taken slowly in order for audience to appreciate the complex nature of the protagonist falling in love with a so-so antogonist.

Perhaps ff a separate movie for the Catwoman is is out of the question, then perhaps a two-movie storyline would be a better way to go.

Do a Catwoman movie? That must be the best idea everr.

I don't think the character of Catwoman should enter into the Batman series as soon as the next movie.

I think that it would be best if the character of Catwoman came out with her own movie, first. In that way, when she enters the Batman movie with her character and persona already established and therefore you can have Bats and Cats go dive right into the action.

The character of Selena Kyle is just too complex to be brought into the movie. She's technically a villain, but....eh....she also kinda/sort isn't. Plus the relationship between Selena and Bruce is something that needs to be taken slowly in order for audience to appreciate the complex nature of the protagonist falling in love with a so-so antogonist.

Perhaps ff a separate movie for the Catwoman is is out of the question, then perhaps a two-movie storyline would be a better way to go.

Ummm, no.

Ummm, no.

Ummm, yes.

You can't understand that the Catwoman character is just too complex to be one and done in a single batman movie?

You are all for rushing the relationship between Bruce and Selena in order to fit and entire Batman story in 2.5 hours? Because ya know......lol.....that can't be done. Not unless you wanna the next story to follow the Batman Returns template.

Which ever Catwoman template a director or a storywriter wants to use no one can argue how much the Catwoman/Selina character contributes to Bruce/Batman's persona as a crimefigher and a man. However, it's just not that as the story of Selina Kyle is as fascinating because the character is just so complex because of the emotional and passionate relationship between Selena and Bruce.

I'm sorry, but I think it's gonna take more than 2.5 hours to get the Catwoman character right between Selena Kyle, Selena and Bruce, Catwoman and Batman, and Selena and the Movie going audience. I'm thinking that it's gonna take 4-5 hours to do so.

Either re-boot the Catwoman character through another movie or make a 2 movie storyline. "Batman 3" introduces Selena Kyle to the Bruce and the audience (the viewer) and have "Batman 4" be kinda like "Catwoman Begins."

Perhaps another way to do this is to just have Catwoman prance into Gotham already a villain like Joker, Scarecrow, and Rha's and just have no emotional or passionate attachment to Bruce/Bats whatsoever....., but then......LOL.....where's the fun and creative art in that?

Catwoman/Selina's story with Batman/Bruce doesn't have to be told in the span of one movie.

She could be what you may call, a recurring character like Alfred or Comm. Gordon!:wow:

:whatever:
She doesn't need her own movie, though it would be nice, but not likely after the last horrid movie tainting her name.

Ummm, yes.

You can't understand that the Catwoman character is just too complex to be one and done in a single batman movie?

You are all for rushing the relationship between Bruce and Selena in order to fit and entire Batman story in 2.5 hours? Because ya know......lol.....that can't be done. Not unless you wanna the next story to follow the Batman Returns template.

Which ever Catwoman template a director or a storywriter wants to use no one can argue how much the Catwoman/Selina character contributes to Bruce/Batman's persona as a crimefigher and a man. However, it's just not that as the story of Selina Kyle is as fascinating because the character is just so complex because of the emotional and passionate relationship between Selena and Bruce.

I'm sorry, but I think it's gonna take more than 2.5 hours to get the Catwoman character right between Selena Kyle, Selena and Bruce, Catwoman and Batman, and Selena and the Movie going audience. I'm thinking that it's gonna take 4-5 hours to do so.

Either re-boot the Catwoman character through another movie or make a 2 movie storyline. "Batman 3" introduces Selena Kyle to the Bruce and the audience (the viewer) and have "Batman 4" be kinda like "Catwoman Begins."

Perhaps another way to do this is to just have Catwoman prance into Gotham already a villain like Joker, Scarecrow, and Rha's and just have no emotional or passionate attachment to Bruce/Bats whatsoever....., but then......LOL.....where's the fun and creative art in that?
Have you ever seen a movie? There are MANY movies with several characters that are WAY more complex that Catwoman. They manage to do it in less than 150 minutes without it being rushed.

Since I can't make a new thread here are the facts as leaked from WB: Mods; make a new thread; Dr. Harleen Quinzel is going to be the queen of evil in the next movie. They don't want to walk down the path of too many antagonists in each movie; character development is critical. It deviates but is still true to the batman universe.

Copy & Paste from leaked WB Memo:

Re:Harelyquinn/Batman/Joker relationship

Batman: The Harlequinn? Can they be equal? No. Batman: Punisher-esque v Harlequinn?

Batman: I have a therapist as crazy as me? We need to explore titles. Gut punch, grab you by the balls titles.

To pull this off, we have to give a fair amount of consideration to Dr. Harley Quinzel's initial character treatment. What type of person is she? What is her motivation? What are her past experiences? Why did she become Harlequin? Luckily the bulk of these questions have already been answered in various sources from Dini to the animated series where she first appeared, but to trump the Heath Ledger phenomenon we need to flip the script and deviate from the animated series which is our cornerstone.

We need to use our ambiguous Joker references, possibly to his 'girlfriend' referenced at the dinner party, to construct the possibility that Dr. Quinzel made the Joker when he an anonymous patient at Arkham Asylum. Thus, rather than being twisted by the Joker who was known as 'subject Jack' at Arkham, she made the Joker the psychopath he became. The Joker is the puppet and Harlequin (Dr. Harleen Quinzel Chief of Forensic Psychology at Arkham Asylum) is the puppet master; making Harley the more evil of the two antagonists.

Assuming the Joker is put back into Arkham Asylum, we can slowly introduce the relationship between the two and watch Harelyquinn take up the quest that she gave the Joker; insanity and chaos, forcing the Batman to choose between multiple bad and worse decisions. Making Batman choose the least of two or even three evils. Tormenting him, hoping to make him into her puppet. Making him kill by omission of action. She will use her massive knowledge of psychology to manipulate him and break him.

Batman is a fallen hero; a mere mortal man with a disturbing past. Harlequinn will pick up on this immediately like a shark to blood and zero on on his true identity. Bats, aversion to death, we will watch her pick his psyche apart little by little; action by action. With every test, she knows. She will know it requires untold amounts of money to have his toys and childhood trauma will narrow her search pool to a mere puddle. She's going to be smarter than Bruce. It can't be otherwise. She will know Bruce/Batman better than he knows his own motivations. She will know Bruce Wayne and Batman are one and the same. Early in the script.

How did the Joker get his henchmen in Dark Knight? Dr. Quinzel let them out. It explains the cellphone bomb; Dr quinzell is a MD. It all comes back to Harlequin. Full circle; Dr. Quinzel is the nexus. Original evil.

ACTRESS:

Must be loveable and nigh impossible to hate. She must be believable as a severely traumatized woman, believable as an intelligent woman, and as a complete psychopath. She must have a substantial fan base that loves her (for revenue). I suggest Jennifer Love Hewitt; she's thin again. Or Shawnee Smith I suggest a leak for actress nemesis/antagonist options; let the masses decide. They pay the bills.

MAKEUP:

Dirty Old school; Tom Savini for close ups and for mechanical Stan Winston studios. For Digital WETA studios and ZOIC studios.

Candidates that have expressed interest and are willing to wear appliances and are cleared for the appliance glues used:

Jenna Elfman (Dharma and Greg) Possible issues with new TV series. Believable as a complete nutjob.

Jennifer Love Hewitt (I Know What You Did Last Summer/Ghost Whisperer) Ditto. Has a dark side in screen tests no one has ever seen. Very compelling.

Cameron Diaz (Something About Mary/Charlies Angels) Eh.

Natasha Henstridge (Species) Has worn appliances before. Eh.

Summer Glau (Serenity/Sarah Connor Chronicles) Has worn appliances before. Can switch it on and off like a light.

Meagan Fox (Transformers) Transformers 3 scheduling issues. Eh.

Monica Potter (Boston Legal/Along Came a Spider) Great screen test.

Emily Deschenal (Bones/My Sister's Keeper) Great screen test. Passionate and cold. Rec another test ; she’s good.

Courtney Cox (Friends/Scream) Working on Scream 4 currently Unavailable for test.

Amy Acker (Angel) Has worn appliances before. Fantastic screen test. Her dichotomous Angel character (Ilyria/Fred) is similar to Dr. Quinzel and Harlequin. Fantastic screen test

Katee Sackhoff (BattleStar Galactica/24) Interesting screen test.

Christina Ricci (Blacksnake Moan/Penelope) Has worn appliances and had modeled as Harlequin. Currently in filming for "Born to Be a Star" and preproduction for 2011 film. Unavailable.

Shawnee Smith (SAW franchise/Becker) Has worn appliances. Fantastic screen test. Willing to do most of her own stunts. She’s a two-fer.

Zooey Deschenal (Yes Man/The Happening) No appliances but has numerous voices/imitations. Excellent screen test. Sibling rivalry is afoot.

Scarlett Johansson Poor screen test.

Ummm, no.

Stolen memo that says that Dr Quinzel is the new nightmare in the Nolan Batverse with a list of actresses and their screen tests.

There will be no Catwoman; for theatrical continuity it will be Dr. Harleen Quinzel. Long story short, she makes the Joker what he is.

What the hell is that? :huh:

Stolen memo that says that Dr Quinzel is the new nightmare in the Nolan Batverse with a list of actresses and their screen tests.

There will be no Catwoman; for theatrical continuity it will be Dr. Harleen Quinzel. Long story short, she makes the Joker what he is.
Yeah right :whatever:

No script and there's supposedly a casting call? My ass.:whatever:

You didn't think it was funny? Not even the poor spelling, unprofessional tone towards the actresses or the suggestion that Harley Quinn is the 'big bad'?

It's obvious bull, but what I find weird is why the poster chose the Catwoman thread to post it, when there's a perfectly acceptable Harley Quinn thread on the same page :huh:

You didn't think it was funny? Not even the poor spelling, unprofessional tone towards the actresses or the suggestion that Harley Quinn is the 'big bad'?
Honestly I stopped reading at "Gut punch, grab you by the balls title" and skimmed the names and just saw a good amount of the actress suggested for HQ on the threads here.

Ummm, yes.

The Joker is very complex character and they managed to portray him almost perfectly in one film. Harvey Dent/Two Face was done very well in one film. They, meaning Nolan and company, could do Catwoman justice in just one film.

The story could start out very simple, Catwaman is already a cat burglar/criminal at the start of the film. The police could say she's in league with The Batman.

Besides they already made a Catwoman film and it was horrible. Warner Bros. won't make that mistake again. Even if they did make another solo film, which they won't, no one would see it.

Since I can't make a new thread here are the facts as leaked from WB: Mods; make a new thread; Dr. Harleen Quinzel is going to be the queen of evil in the next movie. They don't want to walk down the path of too many antagonists in each movie; character development is critical. It deviates but is still true to the batman universe.

Copy & Paste from leaked WB Memo:

Re:Harelyquinn/Batman/Joker relationship

Batman: The Harlequinn? Can they be equal? No. Batman: Punisher-esque v Harlequinn?

Batman: I have a therapist as crazy as me? We need to explore titles. Gut punch, grab you by the balls titles.

To pull this off, we have to give a fair amount of consideration to Dr. Harley Quinzel's initial character treatment. What type of person is she? What is her motivation? What are her past experiences? Why did she become Harlequin? Luckily the bulk of these questions have already been answered in various sources from Dini to the animated series where she first appeared, but to trump the Heath Ledger phenomenon we need to flip the script and deviate from the animated series which is our cornerstone.

We need to use our ambiguous Joker references, possibly to his 'girlfriend' referenced at the dinner party, to construct the possibility that Dr. Quinzel made the Joker when he an anonymous patient at Arkham Asylum. Thus, rather than being twisted by the Joker who was known as 'subject Jack' at Arkham, she made the Joker the psychopath he became. The Joker is the puppet and Harlequin (Dr. Harleen Quinzel Chief of Forensic Psychology at Arkham Asylum) is the puppet master; making Harley the more evil of the two antagonists.

Assuming the Joker is put back into Arkham Asylum, we can slowly introduce the relationship between the two and watch Harelyquinn take up the quest that she gave the Joker; insanity and chaos, forcing the Batman to choose between multiple bad and worse decisions. Making Batman choose the least of two or even three evils. Tormenting him, hoping to make him into her puppet. Making him kill by omission of action. She will use her massive knowledge of psychology to manipulate him and break him.

Batman is a fallen hero; a mere mortal man with a disturbing past. Harlequinn will pick up on this immediately like a shark to blood and zero on on his true identity. Bats, aversion to death, we will watch her pick his psyche apart little by little; action by action. With every test, she knows. She will know it requires untold amounts of money to have his toys and childhood trauma will narrow her search pool to a mere puddle. She's going to be smarter than Bruce. It can't be otherwise. She will know Bruce/Batman better than he knows his own motivations. She will know Bruce Wayne and Batman are one and the same. Early in the script.

How did the Joker get his henchmen in Dark Knight? Dr. Quinzel let them out. It explains the cellphone bomb; Dr quinzell is a MD. It all comes back to Harlequin. Full circle; Dr. Quinzel is the nexus. Original evil.

ACTRESS:

Must be loveable and nigh impossible to hate. She must be believable as a severely traumatized woman, believable as an intelligent woman, and as a complete psychopath. She must have a substantial fan base that loves her (for revenue). I suggest Jennifer Love Hewitt; she's thin again. Or Shawnee Smith I suggest a leak for actress nemesis/antagonist options; let the masses decide. They pay the bills.

MAKEUP:

Dirty Old school; Tom Savini for close ups and for mechanical Stan Winston studios. For Digital WETA studios and ZOIC studios.

Candidates that have expressed interest and are willing to wear appliances and are cleared for the appliance glues used:

Jenna Elfman (Dharma and Greg) Possible issues with new TV series. Believable as a complete nutjob.

Jennifer Love Hewitt (I Know What You Did Last Summer/Ghost Whisperer) Ditto. Has a dark side in screen tests no one has ever seen. Very compelling.

Cameron Diaz (Something About Mary/Charlies Angels) Eh.

Natasha Henstridge (Species) Has worn appliances before. Eh.

Summer Glau (Serenity/Sarah Connor Chronicles) Has worn appliances before. Can switch it on and off like a light.

Meagan Fox (Transformers) Transformers 3 scheduling issues. Eh.

Monica Potter (Boston Legal/Along Came a Spider) Great screen test.

Emily Deschenal (Bones/My Sister's Keeper) Great screen test. Passionate and cold. Rec another test ; she’s good.

Courtney Cox (Friends/Scream) Working on Scream 4 currently Unavailable for test.

Amy Acker (Angel) Has worn appliances before. Fantastic screen test. Her dichotomous Angel character (Ilyria/Fred) is similar to Dr. Quinzel and Harlequin. Fantastic screen test

Katee Sackhoff (BattleStar Galactica/24) Interesting screen test.

Christina Ricci (Blacksnake Moan/Penelope) Has worn appliances and had modeled as Harlequin. Currently in filming for "Born to Be a Star" and preproduction for 2011 film. Unavailable.

Shawnee Smith (SAW franchise/Becker) Has worn appliances. Fantastic screen test. Willing to do most of her own stunts. She’s a two-fer.

Zooey Deschenal (Yes Man/The Happening) No appliances but has numerous voices/imitations. Excellent screen test. Sibling rivalry is afoot.

Scarlett Johansson Poor screen test.

This is ********. Just stop.

Yes, and mine too. :cwink:

It's official.

Casting calls arent official: Are you ******ed? Girls are fifteen deep for this movie. It's in the Green Sheet in LA.

Be less of a tard. Every agent is pushing a girl.

Your ass is...an ass.

My wife is trying for this movie.

Idiot.

It's official.
Official with nothing to prove it? :whatever:
Casting calls arent official: Are you ******ed? Girls are fifteen deep for this movie. It's in the Green Sheet in LA.
Umm, bull****.
Casting calls are held for when they have a character to cast. In order to cast a character, that said character needs to be in the story of a script. And seeing as there is NO BB3 script, there's no possibility for a casting call for a non-existing role.

Be less of a tard. Every agent is pushing a girl.
The only agent to have possibly pushed one of their clients was Cher a while back.

And only tards would believe that they're casting for Harley Quinn at this point in time. Especially when the only points being made are Good/Bad screen test, a positive point of wearing appliances(usually is good, but casting directors could care less as a driving point), using words like 'ditto' and 'eh', etc.
Your ass is...an ass.

My wife is trying for this movie.

Idiot.
Good luck for the wife trying to make it in the industry, however, this casting call is bull****, so hope she doesn't put too much stock into it.

At least the person had some desency to add some good names to the list like Zooey Deschanel,Christina Ricci, and Amy Acker.

At least the person had some desency to add some good names to the list like Zooey Deschanel,Christina Ricci, and Amy Acker.

all three of them are awesome, but Ricci can do it in my opinion. Shes got that look and attitude that selina kyle brings to the table.

Those are for Harley, not Catwoman.

I could never see Amy or Zooey as Selina. Theyre just too cute for Selina.

Same goes for Ricci, though she is definetly my dark horse choice. But there are so many other actresses that fit the part way better than Ricci. So I'll just have her as HQ.

Those are for Harley, not Catwoman.

I could never see Amy or Zooey as Selina. Theyre just too cute for Selina.

Same goes for Ricci, though she is definetly my dark horse choice. But there are so many other actresses that fit the part way better than Ricci. So I'll just have her as HQ.

ah, totally forgot u were guys were talking about that false memo up there. Yeah idk, Ricci could work with both of those characters for me. Im just a big fan i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"