The Last Stand Should Fox pull a "Star Wars" with X3 & Wolverine?

CrazyDavey

Civilian
Reaction score
I know a lot of people hate what George Lucas does with the Star Wars films, by adding new details to the films whenever he re-released them, but it got me thinking maybe it would be a smart move to do this to "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" because of some of the contradictions with "X-Men: First Class".

I'm mostly refering to the scenes with Xavier standing/walking. Maybe re-film those scene with James McAvoy as Prof. X instead? That way they could try and connect it better with "First Class".

I thought it would be a smart idea anyways, considering most people don't care much for those 2 X-Men films. I figured besides the cameos, X1 and X2 fit nicely with X:FC, so they wouldn't need to be touched on. Only the other 2. Any thoughts?

I would be ok with that but I can't see Fox putting the time and money into something like that. I'm more curious whether Fox could pull off letting Singer do his own version of X-Men 3, mind you I did like X3 but I'm curious none the less.

I hope Bryan Singer just moves on with X-Men 4 and don't reboot X-Men 3.

Making a new X-Men 3 and act like The Last Stand didn't happen seems terrible to me. Good for the fans that they are finally gonna get a X-Men 3 movie that they want. But I think they just need to move forward.

Last edited:
I hope Bryan Singer just moves on with X-Men 4 and reboot X-Men 3.

Making a new X-Men 3 and act like The Last Stand didn't happen seems terrible to me. Good for the fans that they are finally gonna get a X-Men 3 movie that they want. But I think they just need to move forward.

Aren't they kind of already acting like it doesn't exist? For me it's like either make a new one or quit acting like it's not part of the series and doesn't count. Despite X3's problems though it's my third favorite X-film after First Class and X-Men 2. If they ever did do an X4 I dare say Singer would have his work cut out for him.

Ignoring TLS will never happen. For all the things it did wrong, there are successes, and the movie made the most money of any X film so far.

The Phoenix story has been told now, for better or worse. I hope Singer makes an X4 at some point and moves on with some fresh stories.

For me if they don't reboot x-3 then they should do that of re-editing

Yesterday I went through wolverine and Last Stand DvDS and devolped a blueprint to view a kind of fanedit to allow those films to be seen with First Class,X-Men,and X2,and
Also taking Deadpool and first Class sequels Into account.

With wolverine beguin film with Wolverine with Silverfox.Drop stuff with Cyclops and Emma
except for when wolverine frees them from cages and they are with Wolverine.

With Last Stand Cut the pretitle sequenze stuff.Drop Cyclops entirely.Have rogue's last'scene be leaving the mansion and scene with wolverine.Drop the Xavier teaching class scene and post credits scene.

In this instance I would be OK with it. Actually i'd encourage it.

In Origins: Wolverine they shouldn't take the Emma stuff out because it can bee easilly considered a different character with only the ppower to turn into diamond

With Last Stand Cut the pretitle sequenze stuff.Drop Cyclops entirely.Have rogue's last'scene be leaving the mansion and scene with wolverine.Drop the Xavier teaching class scene and post credits scene.

The film would be butchered if you did that. There are references to Scott in several places which would need to be cut, and he'd be gone with no explanation after all that work. The pre-credit sequence sets up the entire film and reverberates later on when Charles and Mags meet again at Jean's house. Xavier's words in the class foreshadow the reveal of his actions in containing the Phoenix. Not having Rogue return would just leave her choice open which is unnecessary as there may never be a film that follows.

The post credit sequence should definitely go, but it's easy to ignore where it is anyway.

There's a deleted alternative scenne where Rogue doesn't take the cure, why not just replace them?

In Origins: Wolverine they shouldn't take the Emma stuff out because it can bee easilly considered a different character with only the ppower to turn into diamond

That was what I thought too. They don't directly call her Emma Frost in Origins, so I figured it was easy to let it slide.

We've seen other students in Xavier's school in X-Men 1 - 3 with similar powers to other X-Men characters. So, that should be considered no difference.

To view wolverine and Last Stand with other films at times you would have to butcher the films.with the Last Stand better for Cyclops to do offscreen.I would have first appearance of Phoenix be when wolverine and storm find her.With Rogue far better for her to just
leave mansion and not be seen again.The pretitle sequence no longer fits series cannon.
Xavier Is crippled In First Class,and that Is when he and Magneto have falling out.Plus
whenever younger jean shows up In the first Class sequels they aren't going to stick to the Last stand meeting as when Xavier finds her.

with Wolverine I would cut everything before Wolverine with Silverfox.Thur deadpool can still be part of X-Men film series.It Is weapon XI not Deadpool at end.I also cut most of teenage Cyclops except for being a random kidnapped mutant who wolverine frees from cage.This elemnates the contunity problem of walking Xavier and deals with the fact when Cyclops shows up In first Class sequels they won't be sticking to his Wolverine meeting with Xavier.

To view wolverine and Last Stand with other films at times you would have to butcher the films.with the Last Stand better for Cyclops to do offscreen.I would have first appearance of Phoenix be when wolverine and storm find her.With Rogue far better for her to just
leave mansion and not be seen again.The pretitle sequence no longer fits series cannon.
Xavier Is crippled In First Class,and that Is when he and Magneto have falling out.Plus
whenever younger jean shows up In the first Class sequels they aren't going to stick to the Last stand meeting as when Xavier finds her.

Only the flashback would have to go for the sake of continuity, and that can be explained away easily. Removing Cyclops and Rogue wouldn't help at all and would only open up questions that wouldn't be answered.

AS i Said Before!!! there's a deleted scenne where Rogue doesn't take the cure, why not just change it????????
Instead of completelly removing her from the movie

AS i Said Before!!! there's a deleted scenne where Rogue doesn't take the cure, why not just change it????????
Instead of completelly removing her from the movie

I wish they would have went with that scene. I wonder if they would have not had her take the cure and included her in the final battle had Anna not been doing another movie at the time. I really like the idea of Fox releasing a new version of X3 with a reshot flashback and some of the deleted scenes and alternate takes added in but as I said before I just can't see Fox doing it.

I'm not sure it would play out better with Rogue not taking the cure.

You think cutting her completelly would play out better?

I know a lot of people hate what George Lucas does with the Star Wars films, by adding new details to the films whenever he re-released them, but it got me thinking maybe it would be a smart move to do this to "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" because of some of the contradictions with "X-Men: First Class".

I'm mostly refering to the scenes with Xavier standing/walking. Maybe re-film those scene with James McAvoy as Prof. X instead? That way they could try and connect it better with "First Class".

I thought it would be a smart idea anyways, considering most people don't care much for those 2 X-Men films. I figured besides the cameos, X1 and X2 fit nicely with X:FC, so they wouldn't need to be touched on. Only the other 2. Any thoughts?

Aye, I was thinking this as well, and almost started a thread to discuss the idea a couple of months ago(I didn't notice this one until today).

It would be technically easy to change those scenes, the only issue would be money, but I really don't think it would cost that mcuh to do, if you squeezed in a couple of days of shooting while they are doing the next First Class movie, *and* you would get a lot of FC fans re-buying X3 and Wolverine for the new inclusions.
They would most likely turn a profit with the dvd/blu-rays.

It's eays because charles and magneto don't actually share the screen with Jean Grey or her family, if I recollect, they just sit there on a couch, the camera settling on all the protagoinists seperately.

You just film MaCavoy and Fassbender sitting on a couch, and digitally integrate them, and for the outside scene, which is a bit more tricky, you could also digitally erase the original actors, and integrate MaCavoy and Fassbender.

Same with the end of Wolverine, digitally erase baldy, and integrate MaCavoy.

It would also get rid of the awful looking digitally 'de-aged' Charles and Magneto, which is a terribly unconvincing sfx.

Last edited:

Yes I had this same thought. Just add Phoenix flames and I'll be happy. I've made an extended cut of X3, bringing the deleted scenes that worked real well back into the picture. It's a bit longer. I was thinking about cutting out the Xavier walking bit and just start with them in the house sitting down.

Yes I had this same thought. Just add Phoenix flames and I'll be happy. I've made an extended cut of X3, bringing the deleted scenes that worked real well back into the picture. It's a bit longer. I was thinking about cutting out the Xavier walking bit and just start with them in the house sitting down.

You made a cut? Is it online? PM me please? haha.

I was just thinking about that today, how I want a video of X3 with all the (good) deleted footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"