BvS Should Lana Lang be in the sequel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ideal Lois Lane should look like Kristin Kreuk. i mean just look at her my god. that's what a beautiful, brainy bombshell should look like.

There is not that many Asian people in Metropolis. :huh:

No because I think she'll get in the way of the action.

I'm tired of the love crap, I want to see some awesome fight scenes.

Superman's never been a fight scene type of superhero IMO.

Apparently Lana never existed in the comics or TAS and thus he is the worst character EVAR!!! Good morning ladies and gentlemen! She is in the comics and that's the interpretation the OP is talking about... none of this Smallville business... good show though

She could appear in a SR sequel as the new love interest to Richard White...

My choice for Lana is Alicia Witt. (And Lois Lane replaced by Keri Russell)

witt13.jpg

Yes, absolutely. In the sequel (okay so it won't ever happen now, but this IS the WHAT IF forum right?) with the Lanes and Whites in psuedo-humble matrimony, the only one who would make sense is someone from SMALLVILLE - enter Lana Lang, the one gal who knows Clark's secret identity. I think Liv Tyler or Michelle Monaghan would be good choices, they could play the airy-voiced Annette O'Toole from SUPERMAN III really well. Also, since SR doesn't acknowledge SUPERMAN III, methinks it could simply ignore the Mom/Son angle (which now belongs to Lois Lane).

I think that Bryan Singer could have made a terrific Neo-Silver Age Superman film trilogy, if that's the case, then a bulk of his films would have parallel narratives depicting a young Superboy on Smallville (he already has a lead!), which would have served as reintroducing Lana Lang.

I don't think that Lana Lang needs to be in the sequel.

Kate Mara would be a good choice. I'd like to see her at some point but only if its necessary to the story.

ah.. be sure to make Lana blonde this time, mix it up a little, ya heard? And this time she can be a successful supermodel..

Keeping in mind that Jadin Gould is playing 13 year old Lana Lang in "Man of Steel", who should/could play an adult Lana Lang in a sequel?

Mandy Moore!

jigsawimage.jpg

I honestly would like to include Lana Lang in the sequel because since they were friends in the comics and likely won't be in Man of Steel, I am speculating and hoping she is brought in as Clark's new friend.

might as well, but make her blonde this time. we've already had raven-haired lana, and now ginger Lois with ms. adams, so... cast Christina Hendricks..

As far as I know Lana is in MoS but in their younger years plus Pete Ross too! :)

Christ this thread is old!

Anyway after seeing Man of Steel. I think she serves no purpose. She was created to be a Lois in Smallville. She was later used to be a rival for Lois in regards to Clark. Man of Steel 2 does not need that one bit. I mean she can show up if it's for something other then being a love interest but for the purpose she was created for? Umm no she has no place.

Christ this thread is old!

Anyway after seeing Man of Steel. I think she serves no purpose. She was created to be a Lois in Smallville. She was later used to be a rival for Lois in regards to Clark. Man of Steel 2 does not need that one bit. I mean she can show up if it's for something other then being a love interest but for the purpose she was created for? Umm no she has no place.
I very much agree. And I hate love triangles, in general. And I don't need her as a rival to Lois. As you said, she doesn't really have a role here. If she was going to be there, I'd make her either almost-cameo, or at best a tertiary role, and have her on Superman's side (she knows Clark is Supes and that he's a hero) because I really like the idea of a world-wide "Superman is a hero" v. "Superman is a threat" struggle for public opinion. I'd much rather time be spent fleshing out the DP staff than on Lana having a larger role.

I wouldn't mind an Adult Lana appearing only as long as she's portrayed like the TAS character, that she knows Clark's secret and that it doesn't bother her. Plus there doesn't need to be any romantic involvement either, just the girl next door close friend approach in a Chloe Sullivan kinda way. Something that could have been included in MoS if they managed to fit it in there. But they really sold the Clark as an outcast thing out there though.

I'd like to see Lana in the sequel. Maybe Clark goes back to Smallville and we discover Lana always had a crush on him but he ignored her (afraid of his powers being discovered if he got too close to anyone). Having feelings for both Lois and Lana can represent his ties to both Smallville and Metropolis.

There's a way to do it right and have it play into the imagery of the film without resorting to some drawn out lame love triangle.

Fixed.

Last edited:
Only if it serves the story but now Batman's involved I say no cause we do t want this to become a cluster **** with too many characters in one movie.

Only if it serves the story but now Batman's involved I say no cause we do t want this to become a cluster **** with too many characters in one movie.

I just think if Snyder wanted Lana to be important to Clark, we would have seen them in teenage years together.

In the Superman sequel? Yes
Batman v Superman? No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"