Iron Man 2 Should Mandarin be in Iron Man 2

Norm3

Civilian
Reaction score
Should Mandarin be in Iron Man 2

I put no because your choices are too limited.
I wouldn't mind his presence being felt like it was in the first movie, yet I wouldn't want things to get cluttered either.

^I agree. That's why I voted no. But I wouldn't mind him having a cameo to help continue the foreshadowing. Kind of like how the Emperor had a cameo in ESB.

No way. I like the idea Fav's came up with, keeping Mandarin in the background, not really focused on in the first two films and hopefully bring him in the third movie.

^Yeah, it's a good strategy IMO. Should help this franchise avoid the 3rd film's curse of suckiness.

No way. I like the idea Fav's came up with, keeping Mandarin in the background, not really focused on in the first two films and hopefully bring him in the third movie.

Exactly what I was about to say, I'd much rather have Mandarin appear in the third installment. Build up towards IM's (arguably) most powerful nemesis.

Plus it keeps the mystery of the character alive. The first movie made the audience realize that he has some part with the "Ten Rings" terrorist organizations. Now what hints ...maybe actual physical hints will Fav's give us to the Mandarin in the second film.

do you really think there will be Ironman 3?

Robert Downey will play Tony in two Avengers movie, at least, so that would be 5 years from now.

so when do you think they'd do Ironman 3?

In 2016?

do you really think there will be Ironman 3?

Robert Downey will play Tony in two Avengers movie, at least, so that would be 5 years from now.

so when do you think they'd do Ironman 3?

In 2016?

IM3 will likely be the very next Marvel movie after the Avengers in 2012.

'12 or '13 most likely. And its not like between now and that time, Downey would just be sitting around and out of the world of the character, he will be part of Avengers.

It didn't even occur to me that we won't see IRON MAN 3 until after THE AVENGERS. One hopes The Madarin wouldn't feel anticlimactic after whatever's in THE AVENGERS.

^Fair point. But the mandarin has the opportunity to get more up close and personal since it'll just be about him and Iron Man...most likely.

I could see a cameo at the end of the movie as a possibility but that's about it.

Look at the bulky cast list right now and you'll notice that the prospect of adding another main villain would make it a Spidey 3-ish mess with too much going on.

IM3 will likely be the very next Marvel movie after the Avengers in 2012.

RDJ is not going to be playing IM two times in the same year. Plus if Favreau is directing Avengers I am thinking he will need the full three year break to recharge minimum. I'd say 2015 is more realistic... with an outside shot of 2014, which would be ideal.

Fav is not directing Avengers, just going to help produce it. And i dont think he means that IM3 will be in the same year, but means it will be the first movie after Avengers which is going to be in '12.

Not directly. I'd have an cameo, with someone (Maybe Phil Coulson?) revealing to be working for Mandarin, and reporting something to him. Then, we cut to an secret lair, where Mandarim watches everything from monitors. We'd only see his hands.

Plus it keeps the mystery of the character alive. The first movie made the audience realize that he has some part with the "Ten Rings" terrorist organizations. Now what hints ...maybe actual physical hints will Fav's give us to the Mandarin in the second film.
only iron man fans.

Sort of makes you wonder if they'll show him in IRON MAN 2. Hmm...

you can not tease with a villain that noone knows. because the impct is nto big enough on the people. only fans would get happy because they would be the only one who know him.
to the GP i would be just some guy. or villain.

this is not a bal guy in in superman movie that people know. this is not a guy with clown make up in a batman movie that people know.

if they will tease it it will be IMO only for the fans.

you can not tease with a villain that noone knows. because the impct is nto big enough on the people. only fans would get happy because they would be the only one who know him.to the GP i would be just some guy. or villain. this is not a bald guy in in superman movie that people know. this is not a guy with clown make up in a batman movie that people know.

if they will tease it it will be IMO only for the fans.which means that the Mandarin will only get one movie with hes story.

is waiting good? i dont know. i guess it depends. what if for some unknown reasons a third movie doesnt happen? never hold back. never hold back with your perfect story. never whait. because you never know what will happen.

i understand that they didnt want him in the first movie. but not for the second?

you can not tease with a villain that noone knows. because the impct is nto big enough on the people. only fans would get happy because they would be the only one who know him.to the GP i would be just some guy. or villain. ?

The first movie teased S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Avengers and the GP don't know what they are. I remember walking out of the theater with people asking "what is the Avenger Initiative?" and "Why was Samuel L. Jackson at the end?"

The first movie teased S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Avengers and the GP don't know what they are. I remember walking out of the theater with people asking "what is the Avenger Initiative?" and "Why was Samuel L. Jackson at the end?"
it was a tease to the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"