Iron Man Sequels What other Iron Man villains should appear in a sequel

they should have an elemental team- blizzard, whirlwind, firebrand.. also- Firepower, Spymaster, Unicorn..

what about Ezekiel Stane Obidiah's son and Justin Hammer? With Mandarin

Ezekial Stane is a great villain - one of Matt Fraction's impressive new additions to the Iron Man mythos - and his presence would bring the series nicely full circle. However, I think more tenured villains such as The Mandarin or Ghost (along with a returning Justin Hammer) should be given priority.

Though if they were to use Ezekial Stane, I think Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad could be a good choice to play him.

If they use the Ghost, how should his powers work? I'm sure a cloaking device that turns him invisible would sound believable, but what about his powers to walk through walls?

I think they should get a lanky guy like Doug Jones and use the updated version of the Ghost.

15i1eep.jpg

They'd definately need to keep the intangibility ability. As for the suit, I'd go for a mix of the new design and classic one. Doug Jones is a good suggestion. How about Andy Serkis as another one?

Andy Serkis would be another solid choice.

Here's Ghost from the Wii version of the game, which is technically movie version.

250476q.jpg

Last edited:
What about simply The Mandarin & Whiplash.

I think Whiplash is not out of the picture yet. I don't think having more than 2 baddies per film is essential.

Don't want it to be like Spiderman 3.

:whatever:

Don't worry Jon Favreau is well aware of movies having a case of "villainitis" as he put it.

If Whiplash did survive then Mandarin/Whippy combo would be fine, but if Rourke doesn't return then Mandarin/Ghost should be the villains.

Don't worry Jon Favreau is well aware of movies having a case of "villainitis" as he put it.

If Whiplash did survive then Mandarin/Whippy combo would be fine, but if Rourke doesn't return then Mandarin/Ghost should be the villains.

Good point.

I don't think Whiplash was destroyed maybe I'll be wrong but you never heard anyone mention him after the scene.

To be honest do we really have to see the comic baddies die all the time. I would prefer if they did'nt have to be like Bond villains where the audience look forward to the villains demsie.

:oldrazz:

He was in his suit which was essentially a bomb, pretty sure whiplash is dead

according to imdb modok is already cast lol

Roarke said in an interview that they specifically ended Whiplash that way to leave ambiguity as to whether he's dead or not. We never see him blow up now do we? He could have deactivated the bomb in his suit and the immediate nearby drones after IM & WM split and then climbed out of the suit(assuming it doesn't need robot help with this) and then restarted the timer and covered his escape. Probably didn't end up happening this way, but that's how it is with ambiguity.

They'd definately need to keep the intangibility ability. As for the suit, I'd go for a mix of the new design and classic one. Doug Jones is a good suggestion. How about Andy Serkis as another one?

If they do the Ghost in IM3 as well as Mandy, we shouldn't see what he looks like under the suit. I mean, like...ever. He should be like Boba Fett in that way. A real mystery. So you need a great physical actor with a good vocal range. Hmm, yeah get Doug Jones and this time use his voice instead of dubbing him with someone else.

Roarke said in an interview that they specifically ended Whiplash that way to leave ambiguity as to whether he's dead or not. We never see him blow up now do we? He could have deactivated the bomb in his suit and the immediate nearby drones after IM & WM split and then climbed out of the suit(assuming it doesn't need robot help with this) and then restarted the timer and covered his escape. Probably didn't end up happening this way, but that's how it is with ambiguity.

If you have ever seen or maybe you have it, the comic book Iron Man Vs Whiplash has a similar ending to the film version but you see Whiplash and Iron Man engulfed in flames after a huge explosion. Whiplash escapes.

I'm not saying that Whiplash has to come back but I think Favereau left it open for Rourke.

He may have looked pegged out after the brief battle but I like to think he's ALIVE.

I'm more amazed he survived the car being bashed into him what 3 times. :wow:

Me too but when I saw it a second time u could see that along with the torso armor he had an exoskeleton over his whole body

If they do the Ghost in IM3 as well as Mandy, we shouldn't see what he looks like under the suit. I mean, like...ever. He should be like Boba Fett in that way. A real mystery. So you need a great physical actor with a good vocal range. Hmm, yeah get Doug Jones and this time use his voice instead of dubbing him with someone else.

I'm in complete agreement, and I think Serkis would check off the the requirments you mentioned and wouldn't have a problem hiding his face behind a mask for the entire film.

Last edited:
If you have ever seen or maybe you have it, the comic book Iron Man Vs Whiplash has a similar ending to the film version but you see Whiplash and Iron Man engulfed in flames after a huge explosion. Whiplash escapes.

I'm not saying that Whiplash has to come back but I think Favereau left it open for Rourke.

He may have looked pegged out after the brief battle but I like to think he's ALIVE.

I'm more amazed he survived the car being bashed into him what 3 times. :wow:

I'd personally love it if he did come back.

I really think Stane's Son would make a really interesting character in the next film. I mean not see him as a villain but atleast a character

I agree, he or Serkis would be great.

I hope they do add the Ghost now that Accutech has been introduced through the viral videos they were doing.

Hey guys i have a great idea for villains for the 3rd movie.. It involves Justin hammer working with he Chinese government to create their own Iron man type suit Ultimate Dynamo on the side, with Mandarin being the main villain.

(for those of you who dont know Ultimate Dynamo is a Chinese soldier who volunteered to have his body permanently grafted inside a giant battle-suit).

I'd like to see Spymaster, Whirlwind, Firebrand and Blizzard. Mandarin I'd save for the next Avengers film. He's big enough for the Avengers.

I had to choose other because I have a an idea about them using Ezekial Stane (Who'd have a bit of a grudge against him, especially if he were to find out the truth about his dad's death and the coverup.) and him making Iron Monger II to get even with Tony, but the big mystery would be whether Ezekial is the one inside the suit controlling it, or if it would be someone else from Tony's past.

I'd like to see Spymaster, Whirlwind, Firebrand and Blizzard. Mandarin I'd save for the next Avengers film. He's big enough for the Avengers.

That's like saving Loki for the Avengers and not having him in Thor. Mandarin is Iron Man's arch enemy. He can be in Avengers, but he has to be in Iron Man first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"