Iron Man 2 Should Mandarin be in Iron Man 2

It seems only fitting that this is my first post. I am with most people and think there should be hints or subtle glimpses of him.Seeing him at the end of the next movie would be a good feeling going out of he theater.:word:

Whose fan-base has expanded exponentially in the last year.
those are IM movie fans. theystill dont know who Manfarin is. and they still dont know that the ten rings was a tease in the movie for him.

those are IM movie fans. theystill dont know who Manfarin is. and they still dont know that the ten rings was a tease in the movie for him.
and after they watch Iron Man 3 with Mandarin, they will. and when they go back to re-watch IM1, they'll think "Ten rings? That's like that Mandarin guy"

It is just a tease that is foreshadowing, it isn't spelling anything out for those who don't know

Iron Man 2 has alot going on in it, so I don't want the Mandarin in the film as a major character. Some forshadowing and background presence would be brilliant, ready for him to be the main villain in Iron Man 3.

I agree that he should be alluded to for IM3. Have a scene with Stark and Hammer talking...

"You know Tony... it is an arms race to the end. Whether you are selling them, or trying to stop me from selling them... all we have is the process of trying to one up each other. You know the game... You were the best player. Now... I have to say that I find this new found nobility tiresome and somewhat misplaced. Look at you. Your gonna save the world??? With what??? More weapons... The best weapons yet, I might add. And you have to have known, that once we all saw what you have made, we would be right on your heels. You gonna stop progress Tony??? You gonna stop the world from turning??? Well, I am here to tell you that there is nothing that any of us can do to stop it... even if we wanted. There are things happenning that leave us no option but to find our own little place in the future. Really... you should see some of the things that my associate can do. It really is breath-taking. So com'on Tony... let's not waist each others time and resources, with all this... 'fighting'. That is for everyone else... and we don't want to fall behind... even the great Tony Stark could fall behind what's coming."

and after they watch Iron Man 3 with Mandarin, they will. and when they go back to re-watch IM1, they'll think "Ten rings? That's like that Mandarin guy"

It is just a tease that is foreshadowing, it isn't spelling anything out for those who don't know
that would be true if he was in the second movie.

I agree that he should be alluded to for IM3. Have a scene with Stark and Hammer talking...

"You know Tony... it is an arms race to the end. Whether you are selling them, or trying to stop me from selling them... all we have is the process of trying to one up each other. You know the game... You were the best player. Now... I have to say that I find this new found nobility tiresome and somewhat misplaced. Look at you. Your gonna save the world??? With what??? More weapons... The best weapons yet, I might add. And you have to have known, that once we all saw what you have made, we would be right on your heels. You gonna stop progress Tony??? You gonna stop the world from turning??? Well, I am here to tell you that there is nothing that any of us can do to stop it... even if we wanted. There are things happenning that leave us no option but to find our own little place in the future. Really... you should see some of the things that my associate can do. It really is breath-taking. So com'on Tony... let's not waist each others time and resources, with all this... 'fighting'. That is for everyone else... and we don't want to fall behind... even the great Tony Stark could fall behind what's coming."

That's pretty damn good. Did you come up with that or was it from the comics?

True but it's not like we're still living in the 1980's. Anyone who's a fan of the film can ever so easily find out more stuff about Iron Man, including stuff about the Mandarin.

That's pretty damn good. Did you come up with that or was it from the comics?

I cooked it up... I get caught up and start turning on an idea. It is one of many many degeneracies.

But I have to say... it is inspired in many ways from the ongoing discussions on this board, so I want to distribute credit for anything that sounds even remotely cool.

Plus remember, Robert Downey Jr already confirmed he is 100% on board for a IM3 when he did his first interviews for IM2, as is Favreau, right now they are setting things up for both the Avengers and Mandarin.
Favreau said early in the production of IM that he was setting up a trilogy with Mandarin being the ultimate baddie for the final film his only concern was making Mandarin believable for todays audience, I think what happens with Thor will influence how Favreau approachs Mandarin, plus if all three movies do well, who says a IM4 is out of the question, granted Downey will be in his late 50's by then, but he's keeping on great shape.

Maybe that's the problem...Favreau needs that long to come up with a version of Manadarin that is believable.

I think they have to make more of an effort to get Mandarin in the film, Mandarin doesn't need to speak, but the audience needs to know that Mandarin will be the end all villain in the Iron Man Trilogy, IMO.

And who will play him? You'd have to secure an actor who won't play the character for another 4-5 years... unless he is meant to be an Avenger villain, which I don't forsee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"