Iron Man Sequels What other Iron Man villains should appear in a sequel

NO votes for the most likely next villian- Spymaster...anywho Favs kinda bears a resemblance already, I'm going to need him to at least illude to the Freak next time around.

Freakiron_man_vol1_cover_003.jpg

Same here. I'm suprised Melter has a vote(c'mon, he's almost as lame as Unicorn) and Spymaster doesn't. Spymaster could never hold a movie himself of course but he's a perfect secondary villain.

lol IDK, Melter might /could have some benefit...somwhere. Unicorn tho is hopeless, Stilt Man feels the Unicorn a cheesy gimmick.

Mandarin, Justin Hammer, Titanium Man

Definitely Mandarin at some point, But Not Titanium Man, and probably not Crimson Dynamo either, It seems that there going for a very deferent feel to each villain with every film, Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo are probably to much like Iron Monger, unless they were to redesign them

Seeing how Favreau & co. reimagined Whiplash, I'd like to see a updated version of Dreadknight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadknight

Dreadknight wears a steel alloy body armor granting him superhuman strength and durability. The character uses a power-lance capable of projecting energy blasts; electrified steel cable bolas; miniature missiles; and also uses a carbon dioxide pistol that fires concentrated nerve gas which can render unconscious or kill opponents. Dreadknight rides the "hellhorse", a mutated bat-winged flying horse that was genetically engineered by Nathan Garrett and Victoria Frankenstein.
Bram Velsing is a also gifted scientist with skills as an engineer.

Just get rid of some of the more cheesy elements like the Frankenstein and hellhorse, blah blah blah.

Ultimate Comics just recently revitalized him in Armor Wars:
http://blog.comicbookrevolution.net/2009/12/comic-book-review-ultimate-armor-wars-3.html

This version looks like a sort of mix between Titanium Man and Batman's Black Mask. Pretty badass, if you ask me

I was thinking that since he'll be working with Favreau on 'Cowboys an Aliens', Daniel Craig playing a villain in IM3 would be pretty cool. Maybe as a reimagined Living Laser or Blizzard.

Seeing how Favreau & co. reimagined Whiplash, I'd like to see a updated version of Dreadknight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadknight

Dreadknight wears a steel alloy body armor granting him superhuman strength and durability. The character uses a power-lance capable of projecting energy blasts; electrified steel cable bolas; miniature missiles; and also uses a carbon dioxide pistol that fires concentrated nerve gas which can render unconscious or kill opponents. Dreadknight rides the "hellhorse", a mutated bat-winged flying horse that was genetically engineered by Nathan Garrett and Victoria Frankenstein.
Bram Velsing is a also gifted scientist with skills as an engineer.

Just get rid of some of the more cheesy elements like the Frankenstein and hellhorse, blah blah blah.

Ultimate Comics just recently revitalized him in Armor Wars:
http://blog.comicbookrevolution.net/2009/12/comic-book-review-ultimate-armor-wars-3.html

This version looks like a sort of mix between Titanium Man and Batman's Black Mask. Pretty badass, if you ask me

I'm really liking the redesign they gave him.

I think Craig or someone like Sean Bean would be a great Bram Velsing, from a small European country.

Blizzard or Living Laser just can't IMHO carry a film as a major villain

^

That could work as well. Though to be fair, in regards to Living Laser and Blizzard, the same thing could've been said about Whiplash. Plus, I imagine both as being an agent of the Mandarin.

Dreadknight? Hmm, I guess they could revamp him. However I doubt they will do so in the next movie. Iron Man has plenty of other villains who would be far easier to adapt w/o needing a major overhaul(Mandarin, Ghost, Madame Masque, Spymaster, etc.). But if they ever do put him in an iron Man film,he'll definitely need a Whiplash-level make-over. But I think I'd rather save him for when Marvel/Disney gets the rights back to Dr. Doom so they can at least keep that the same as the comics.

Multiple villians is always done in film, but its rare when 2 or 3 act as one, Superman II. The Blood Brothers id like to see, re-up the Black Lama, make him #2 of the Mandarin.

I think The Mandarin as the Big Bad of Iron Man 3, with Ghost as a secondary threat, is the way to go.

^I think that's the most popular choice so far as well. Maybe with hammer showing up again in a minor role, ala' Scarecrow in TDK.

I think The Mandarin as the Big Bad of Iron Man 3, with Ghost as a secondary threat, is the way to go.

That'd be perfect! sense IM3 will most likely be the final Iron Man solo film, Mandarin would be the perfect end villain.

The Ghost would be fantastic. Think what could be done with such a character today.

That's what I want as well, with maybe someone like Living Laser thrown in as well.

It seems we're largely in agreement. Here's hoping Jon Favreau is reading this! :)

One thing we haven't decided on it whether Ghost should work for the Mandarin, or be a random element, or not even realize that though his anti-corporate crusade in why he's against Iron Man the Mandarin is really manipulating him for his own ends. I just don't know which way it should go.

I'm alreday fat offa how much of the mythos has shown up in the 2 films already, so I feel they don't have to force a Madarin story. The more I think of it the Madarin, as is, has a lot of fantastic explaining to do about a cold war villian with 10 power rings. I like the 3 way death match idea of Iron Man, Ghost, and Spymaster alot, unless the Mandarin character could be an amalgam of another character, like Whiplash. I'm cold on it if it looks like a cartoon.

If you add more villians you have to add more good guys usually, War Machine has shown up already, does he return? Somebody else?

IMO i think that Hulk would be perfect as the villain for IM3, that would piece the movies together perfectly (and also maybe get to use the Hulk buster armor)

That's exactly what I was thinking why not make a hero the villain, plus Hulk would be a worthy foe for Iron Man and the Hulkbuster suit would be sweet.

Iron Man vs Mandarin for part 3.

'nuff said

what about Ezekiel Stane Obidiah's son and Justin Hammer? With Mandarin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"