Should Michael Bay direct G.I. JOE?

Blade X

Sidekick
Reaction score
Afyer watching the first 2 TF movies, I think that is apparent that Michawl Bay would be the perfect director for a G.I. JOE movie. So my question to you guys is should Bay be the new director of G.I. JOE 2 or a new reboot JOE movie franchise?

I hate to say it but he's probably the only one that could make G. I. Joe into a huge franchise.

i wouldnt mind it but I dont think he'd do it

It would be neat for Bay to direct a G.I. Joe/Transformer crossover movie.

Have you read any of the crossover series they've done, Majik? I'm pretty sure something similar could be done on the big screen. It's not like there would need to be lengthy character introductions (yeah like either franchise does a lot of character development anyhow :oldrazz: ).

They should have saved a GI Joe trilogy for him to do after the Transformers trilogy and the two should have been connected.

Few people know that TF G1 takes place in the GI Joe continuity, with Flint and even Cobra Commander showing up in Transformers. I would be happy to see films pay homage to that.

Sadly I doubt that will happen unless Bay and Spielberg are brought on board by Hasbro to save/reboot GI Joe if this next film flops.

Not sure if I want him to but Bay's inclusion of military would fit right home in G.I. Joe.

He should've been doing GI Joe from the beginning instead of Transformers.

wow we didnt make it one page before someone brought up Nolan

I like Nolan and all but he would ruin GI Joe. Unlike Batman, GI Joe has never been about being dark, brooding or gritty melodrama. Its always had an 80's action film feel crossed with old school James Bond. There has always been humor in it.

At one time John McTiernan would have been the perfect director for GI Joe.

In the present only Bay or James Cameron could pull off an over the top action film that stayed true to GI Joe's roots. Though I might be willing to let Roland Emmerich try, at least at one time in the past he could have done it well.

If Bay makes a GI Joe similar to The rock than hell yes. However, if he has absolute control to add in whatever humor he wants then hell no.

Yes. That's basically what the Transformers movies did anyway, with some form of Special Forces-GI Joe-like group of soldiers that teamed up w/the Autobots...

I like Nolan and all but he would ruin GI Joe. Unlike Batman, GI Joe has never been about being dark, brooding or gritty melodrama. Its always had an 80's action film feel crossed with old school James Bond. There has always been humor in it.

At one time John McTiernan would have been the perfect director for GI Joe.

In the present only Bay or James Cameron could pull off an over the top action film that stayed true to GI Joe's roots. Though I might be willing to let Roland Emmerich try, at least at one time in the past he could have done it well.

besides Nolan's not good with action scenes

Bay sucks. I dont see why just because it's "gi joe" means we have to write it off as drivel completely and hire a drivel director.

I'm still in the camp that Bay can direct a great action movie, the producer just needs to be on his shoulder and say 'No' when he wants to add some of his own humor.

Micahel Bay should never be allowed near a directors chair again, for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"