The Dark Knight Rises Should Ra's Al Ghul return?

Mr. Socko

Avenger
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about Ra's possibly returning in a future sequel directed by Christopher Nolan? Part 3 or (unlikely but)possibly one more after that. Do you think Ra's is worthy enough to deserve another role as a bat-villain in at least one more film which would more than likely mean a return via the Lazarus Pit. Or do you think he was handled perfectly in Begins and doesn't need to make a return?

Yeah, his death was left pretty ambiguous. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back.
*gasp* It would be another twist! :ninja:

Ra's was brought to life fairly well for what Nolan's Batman universe required that character to be. And I really dont see much of a need to have him reappear in a future sequel. His daughter on the other hand ....

I think having Rahs reappear could bring back that fantasy element

I like when villains either die and stay dead, or live. I'll make an exception for the horror-movie style tricks where he seems to die, but then pops back at ya a moment later.

ra's al ghul's main thing is not dying

they must bring him back eventually

5th film at the very very earliest

This isn't even accessible. First off, Nolan probably won't be directing Batman that long down the line. And by the time a Batman 5 comes out, Neeson would be in his 60s. Al Ghul is suppose to forever look young(er). By film 5, they'd probably have recast everyone and bringing Ra's back that late would be a total loss as the general audience would not remember him from that long ago and the effect would be completely diminished if he's not Neeson.

The way I see it, part 3 or never.

I always wanted:

Batman Begins (2005): Villains- Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Carmine Falcone, Victor Zsasz
The Dark Knight (2008): Villains- The Joker, Scarecrow, Salvator Maroni, Two-face
Batman 3 (2011): Villains- Two-face, The Joker, Oswald Cobblepot

World's Finest aka Batman/Superman film (2014): Villains- Lex Luthor, Ra's Al Ghul, Ubu, Metallo

-R

Batman 3 is happening but I'm not sure about WF.

With Liam Neeson playing him, of course I´d want him back :up:

¨But is Ra's al Ghul immortal?, Are his methods supernatural?¨

Hopefully the JLA bombs and they will reaize they need Bale and Routh for an ensemble to work... so my best bet would be Ra's returning in a WF movie seven years down the line. Other than that he has no chance of coming back... I doubt even Bale and Routh will be coming back to do a fourth installment in either a solo or ensemble adventure

Sure, I would love for him to come back in the third film. :up:

I don't think he should return. The sequels are shaping up to be bigger than the first and since Ra's was such a pivotal and complex villain, I don't see how they could work out having him return with a progressive storyline as his intentions in the first movie seemed one-way.

-TNC

Yeah, his death was left pretty ambiguous. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back.

Yeah. That was so ambiguous. He just smashed himself inside a train against the street, go through it and suffered 3 giant explosions. I mean, who knows.

Yeah. That was so ambiguous. He just smashed himself inside a train against the street, go through it and suffered 3 giant explosions. I mean, who knows.

It was all left unanswered. I'd love for him to return using the Pit.

I'm not saying its realistic but it certainly didn't have a fantasy element. It was fictional but hardly fantasy. I mean fantasy in the sense that Ras comes back to life.

His death was indeed ambiguous and thats why bringing him back would add to that fantasy element.

Absolutely not.

Threads like these make me wonder if you guys even understand Nolan's take on Batman.

Understanding and having wants are really different. I know what Nolan is going for but doesn't stop me from wanting something like that to occur, so I UNDERSTAND why he wouldn't put anything like that in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"