The Dark Knight Rises Should Ra's Al Ghul return?

ra's used one of batman's tools and zipped his way out the back or the window that batman broke to get take flight.

Did anyone read the film novel? Just before the end, Batman had a conversation with Gordon in which he stated that no body had been found! Maybe one of the henchmen or Ubu's found it and took it to the Lazarus pit?

Well that is assuming that the idea of the Lazarus pit is around. Which I really doubt there is in the world that was set up. Though I think it would be really cool.

Now that I think about it, I'm honestly not sure how it could even happen. And I mean other than the thought that the Lazarus pit might not work in Nolan's world.

Someone above said that no body was said to be found in the novelization. Well I don't think anyone would think otherwise. The train crashed and then exploded! There's not going to be a body at all to put into a Lazarus Pit, now is there. What's Ubu going to place in the pit, A bag of bones?

If he were to come back, he may be played by someone else and explained in a way that he jumped souls. Back in '05, this debate was hot. Someone had made a GIF from the film, with the train crashing and in slow motion you could see a black shadowy figure jumping out from a window of the train but that was dispelled as just wreckage from the train.

It would show a lack of creativity and expansion, also it would go against the supposed realism that everyone claims to love about the film.

It would show a lack of creativity and expansion, also it would go against the supposed realism that everyone claims to love about the film.

What? how would it be a lack of creativity? It most likely won't happen but this is what these forums is for. We all know what Ra's greatest trait is.

What? how would it be a lack of creativity? It most likely won't happen but this is what these forums is for. We all know what Ra's greatest trait is.

Well we don't need the same villain again, for something with such wealth of source material, why tread old ground? Ra's isn't the most imaginative villain anyway, to bring him back again would be pointless.

Well we don't need the same villain again, for something with such wealth of source material, why tread old ground? Ra's isn't the most imaginative villain anyway, to bring him back again would be pointless.

Since this is a trilogy of films that take years to create, I'm inclined to agree.:csad:

How would he return? I wish they had the Lazarus Pit but without it, he couldn't have teleported out of there. He was completely incinerated. But like others have said, it would make sense for his daughter to come in with her gang to exact revenge, in which case I'd say bring on Aishwayra Rai baby!

His death was a left open, but I don't think they want to do anything like Spider-Man and focus too much on one Batman villian. Even though it would be cool.
I think its more likely they will introduce Talia as the new crime leader, taking over for her father.
Its also keeping more with the Batman Begins reality to have his character stay dead.

A part of me thinks Ras Al Ghul should return because I REALLY like how the X-Men trilogy had Magneto in each film. It really allowed for the villain to grow as a character, along with the heroes. Ian McKellan breathed life into the villain, showed many times of his personality, and made him somewhat sympathetic. A hero is only as good as the villains he faces, so I really liked how we got three films to understand Magneto....and honestly in my opinion Magneto was the overall best defined character in the X-Men trilogy, because of the focus and development he received.

So basically I like the idea of returning villains....

we all know Joker is going to be in The Dark Knight and Batman 3....

so we're getting that with the Joker.

If Ras Al Ghul returned in part 3, one bad thing would be I DO NOT see at all Ras Al Ghul and the Joker being a good team-up. Those two villains would just not work together whatsoever.

Greg

also....

Since Nolan's Batman is so grounded in reality...the greatest twist of his Batman trilogy could be Bruce's discovery of the existence of the supernatural (Ras' immortality).

SPOILERS!

Look at the ending to "The Prestige"...which Nolan directed too. The ovie was semi-realistic, then flipped that notion upside-down at the end (with all the Hugh Jackman clones) So it could work...

I'm not saying I like this idea, I'm just saying taking a realistic movie and then BAM! the supernatural arrives is an interesting twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"