The Dark Knight Rises Young Ra's Al Ghul - Does it mean flashback, or something else?

chicagobat

Knight of Chicago
Reaction score
With Nolan's bat film's suspending disbelief with what's scientifically possible, what if young Ra's isn't shown in flashbacks, but as a clone?

Far fetched speculation, but does the Lazarus Pit concept have to rely on a body going in like the comics? Couldn't the League of Shadows have the financial resources to explore cloning in the event of Ra's demise?

Yeah it's a crazy notion and out there but as everyone is trying to come up with ideas regarding what the casting means in every direction, while it would be an easy explanation Josh Pence's young Ra's is being shown in flashbacks, while the nature of Ra's character rebirth... and trying to root these in some footing of what's possible in our reality without "magical" or "supernatural" elements left to other superhero movies... cloning is possible, and the League could have the resources to have accelerated the process to perfection where they could have bred a new Ra's.

Flame away, at least it's a more original concept than all the crap about JGL being Alberto Falcone because he's young and resembled a comic panel illustration from "Long Halloween" :funny:

(And for the record I do believe this Tate character is going to be Talia's cover identity just you wait...)

NEW DEVELOPMENTS:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-...-scene-for-dark-knight-rises-on-monday?page=1

Last edited:
With Nolan's bat film's suspending disbelief with what's scientifically possible, what if young Ra's isn't shown in flashbacks, but as a clone?

Far fetched speculation, but does the Lazarus Pit concept have to rely on a body going in like the comics? Couldn't the League of Shadows have the financial resources to explore cloning in the event of Ra's demise?

Yeah it's a crazy notion and out there but as everyone is trying to come up with ideas regarding what the casting means in every direction, while it would be an easy explanation Josh Pence's young Ra's is being shown in flashbacks, while the nature of Ra's character rebirth... and trying to root these in some footing of what's possible in our reality without "magical" or "supernatural" elements left to other superhero movies... cloning is possible, and the League could have the resources to have accelerated the process to perfection where they could have bred a new Ra's.

Flame away, at least it's a more original concept than all the crap about JGL being Alberto Falcone because he's young and resembled a comic panel illustration from "Long Halloween" :funny:

(And for the record I do believe this Tate character is going to be Talia's cover identity just you wait...)

They already confirmed it was gonna be in a flashback scene taking place 30 years prior to the film, smh apparently you don't pay attention to details..

Wow, i just found out about it.
How is Nolan gonna juggle all these plot lines? Where does Ras fit in all this?

Well considering TDK had more going on in it than the kama sutra,I think he can squeeze tons more stuff in this movie with ease.

He'll be tied to Bane via a flashback.

I think this movie will start with Batman in a very dark place. His fighting style against the freaks/criminals he goes after early in the movie will probably be brutal and borderline lethal. The skin of his teeth is all that's keeping him from snapping.

Guilt has led his Batman persona to consume him. Wayne Enterprises suffers as a result. Here is where Miranda Tate's character works to get Bruce to live up to his father's legacy.

Then Bane shows up with a LOS-motivated goal using brutal, lethal fighting techniques against his enemies--the corruption in Gotham, Batman or whoever.

A man's face cannot be bleached by chemicals in Nolan's world because it sounds implausible. Let alone resurrecting pits.

But flashbacks, I'm okay with it.

I think this movie will start with Batman in a very dark place. His fighting style against the freaks/criminals he goes after early in the movie will probably be brutal and borderline lethal. The skin of his teeth is all that's keeping him from snapping.

Guilt has led his Batman persona to consume him. Wayne Enterprises suffers as a result. Here is where Miranda Tate's character works to get Bruce to live up to his father's legacy.

Then Bane shows up with a LOS-motivated goal using brutal, lethal fighting techniques against his enemies--the corruption in Gotham, Batman or whoever.

Yup,that sounds about right and I wouldn't be against that IF it happens exactly like that!!!

what if the flashback is at a prison where a young Ra's is watching an infant Bane being thrown into prison to serve his father's sentence for murdering Ra's wife (which was mentioned in BB)??? This could give some backstory to Bane and when he breaks out of prison he is hellbent on killing Ra's but finds out that Batman has already beat him to it so he decides to go after Batman.

I don't get why people think Batman is going to be in a "dark place" (is it because of the "grieving" comment in the Miranda Tate announcement?). It was his idea to take the blame for Dent's murders. Its not like he was framed for it. Gordon says it to lil' James; "We'll hunt him...because he can take it." If Batman can "take it", he is not going to crumble emotionally and snap.

Wayne Enterprises would not suffer from it either since Lucius Fox runs the company. Didn't you get the memo?

what if the flashback is at a prison where a young Ra's is watching an infant Bane being thrown into prison to serve his father's sentence for murdering Ra's wife (which was mentioned in BB)??? This could give some backstory to Bane and when he breaks out of prison he is hellbent on killing Ra's but finds out that Batman has already beat him to it so he decides to go after Batman.

Wondering if Bane was involved in the drug shipments in BB

Bane had a teddy bear as a kid

The drugs are hidden in rabbits -not bears I know, but Nolan likes to tweak things up a little

Also, in BB's timeline, what happens after Bruce escapes from the LOS?
Does he recruit Bane to replace Bruce?
Is Bane his plan B in cade his train attack fails?

The drugs are hidden in rabbits -not bears I know, but Nolan likes to tweak things up a little

That'd be great if he linked everything up like that.

Imagine Bane saying, "Remember those rabbits with the drugs in'em? Well, I had a stuffed rabbit when I was a boy. Yeah, that was my idea, b_tch!", ala Juggernaut in X-Men: the Last Stand.

I'm kidding, and I do like your ideas. :yay:

I don't get why people think Batman is going to be in a "dark place" (is it because of the "grieving" comment in the Miranda Tate announcement?). It was his idea to take the blame for Dent's murders.

It was his idea, but that doesn't mean he enjoys it. It just means he saw it as necessary to his mission. But it wasn't a sacrifice he originally foresaw having to make.

Nor was losing Rachel, who was, in his mind, his only hope for a normal life.

He was supposed to clean up Gotham, then settle down with Rachel.

It turns out that in the process of cleaning up Gotham, Rachel got killed. Oh, and cleaning up Gotham is turning out to be a lifelong endeavor. Oh, and you're not considered a hero by even a portion of the population anymore - even the people who supported your illegal vigilantism before now think you're a scum-sucking, insane cop-killer and murderer, no better than the trash you put away.

Yeah, that'd leave anyone in a dark place, even if all of it was part of a path they willingly chose (and losing Rachel wasn't willingly chosen).

This could give some backstory to Bane and when he breaks out of prison he is hellbent on killing Ra's but finds out that Batman has already beat him to it so he decides to go after Batman.

That doesn't make any sense.

"You killed the guy I was going to kill, so now I'm going to kill you instead!"

It was his idea, but that doesn't mean he enjoys it. It just means he saw it as necessary to his mission. But it wasn't a sacrifice he originally foresaw having to make.

It turns out that in the process of cleaning up Gotham, Rachel got killed. Oh, and cleaning up Gotham is turning out to be a lifelong endeavor. Oh, and you're not considered a hero by even a portion of the population anymore - even the people who supported your illegal vigilantism before now think you're a scum-sucking, insane cop-killer and murderer, no better than the trash you put away.

Yeah, that'd leave anyone in a dark place, even if all of it was part of a path they willingly chose (and losing Rachel wasn't willingly chosen).

That doesn't make any sense.

"You killed the guy I was going to kill, so now I'm going to kill you instead!"

Mind you these villains Batman faces are as twisted as you-know-what.

"He was mine to break. And now I will never have the opportunity to watch him die. Should I thank you? No, I think I'd rather break you!" or something along those lines. Probably won't happen, but I can see where he was comin' from...

There were bears in those shipments. ("Bears, they go straight to the dealers") You might be on to something there.

I personally think the fact that he is wanted as a "cop killer" or "murderer" works to his advantage. Sure, the cops are coming after him but remember what Maroni told Batman, "Nobody is going to talk. They're wise to your act." Meaning, the criminals in Gotham knew that Batman was not a killer and that he had boundaries and a line that he wouldn't cross. Not anymore.

Now, everyone thinks he has no boundaries. Criminals will truly fear him now.

I'm resurrecting this thread because I think there's something to that pit in India on the first day of shooting, the casting of a young Ra's and how you could tie in the modern science of cloning or stem cell regeneration with how Ra's may be part of "The Dark Knight Rises"...

292571666.jpg

Possible that pit is behind the fortress walls and that's why they shot in India to utilize the incredible fortress background?

Mehrangarh-Fort-Jodhpur1.jpg

Otherwise why else shoot there when you could shoot a hole in the ground anywhere and composite a background?

Last edited:
THR said that Pence would be involved in a flashback scene set thirty years in the past. Now I know some people question the trades, but THR is one of two news sources that I trust completely. They check their sources, and they don't report something as fact unless they are 100% certain. If they say Young Ra's al Ghul will only be featured in a flashback scene, then that's the assumption I'm going to work under until next July.

In addition to that, all of the villains in Nolan's franchise have been cast with famous (or at least well-established) actors. I honestly don't see someone like Josh Pence (a nobody, essentially) having a substantial role in this film.

I'm not expecting to see a rejuvenated Ra's al Ghul ala the Lazarus Pit.

THR said that Pence would be involved in a flashback scene set thirty years in the past. Now I know some people question the trades, but THR is one of two news sources that I trust completely. They check their sources, and they don't report something as fact unless they are 100% certain. If they say Young Ra's al Ghul will only be featured in a flashback scene, then that's the assumption I'm going to work under until next July.

In addition to that, all of the villains in Nolan's franchise have been cast with famous (or at least well-established) actors. I honestly don't see someone like Josh Pence (a nobody, essentially) having a substantial role in this film.

I'm not expecting to see a rejuvenated Ra's al Ghul ala the Lazarus Pit.
That's pretty much how I feel about it, especially regarding Pence playing such a major role with ample screentime. Though were THR to be wrong and for it not to actually be a flashback (like a shot of Bale/Pence shooting together cropped up), I could see Pence as like another one of Ra's underlings like Ken Watanabe and the decoy at the party, and he'd still technically be a 'young Ra's Al Ghul' in terms of a reprentative for the League. Just a possibility.

So wait, does that mean that Ras will be young, not because he's actually young in a flashback, but because he was restored by a Pit after Begins? Its hard to believe this will happen in the Nolanverse, but it would blow my mind if it did.

There is the other lamer option though. Ras is actually a title (as Ras dubiously suggested), and someone succeeded Neeson's.

There is the other lamer option though. Ras is actually a title (as Ras dubiously suggested), and someone succeeded Neeson's.
Just to set the record straight in case you were referring to my post in any way, that wasn't what I meant. I was suggesting that were the League left leaderless, then another Ra's decoy (like Watanabe and the guy at the party) could be serving as a regent in his stead and that would be who Pence could be playing. Not a true successor or a major role, but just another decoy leader of no importance who keeps order in a formal leader's absence. This would potentially be if Batman was looking into them to find out information about Bane, get his back restored or anything like that.

No, i was just giving my thoughts an all the speculation posted in this thread.

If there is a Lazarus Pit, it will be a rejuvenating pool that Bruce visits. Pence will play a small role as Ra's in the past during some brief flashback scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"