Should SM3 be darker

Of course it should be darker...but not too dark that it alienates it's existing audience. :up:

Yes, definitely darker. The climactic fight with GG in S-M 1 was gritty, and although the scraps with Doc Ock in S-M 2 were spectacular, none lived up to its predecessor.

Yeah the end fight with dr octopus was a huge let down and could/should have been much better, even MJ finding out pete being spidey felt anti climatic.

As mentioned, the movie can be dark, but leave Spider-Man as his happy go lucky self. In the comics, even when a bunch of crap is taking place around him he still finds time to crack a joke and annoy the bad place out of his adversaries, even if it is only a defense mechanism.

The movie should have moments of darkness (like the hospital scene in SM2), but shouldn't be entirely dark. This will turn people off; Spidey is perceived by the public as a 'fun' and 'light' character (whcih is why stupid parents took their small children to see his PG-13 film when I was there).

SM2 was so depressing that it's hard to watch repeatedly. This new film should have threats and fear, more than SM2, but no constant depression. Spidey needs to be lighter and more carefree to balance those dark, fearful moments. I voted no because Spidey has been so unfunny in the past films, and it's time to step it up.

yea the 3rd will be dark than the other 2...with maryjane dieing it in...that alone makes it darker than the other 2...

PeterPan said:
yea the 3rd will be dark than the other 2...with maryjane dieing it in...that alone makes it darker than the other 2...

I dub thee Deep Throat... no, not an insult... an aside to the fact I hope you have inside info. ;) A man can hope... can he not?? :D

I don't care what it is. If he isn't using one funny jokes as Spidey like he's supposed to be doing, I've officially lost faith. Three times the charm IMO though, he's got MJ and now he has more A REASON to be funny. So. No excuse this time. Sam is one of my fav directors, but he's let me down 2 times with an almost fake Spider-Man in my eyes....I voted "no" btw..lol..

*wipes away a tear*... a darker Spider-Man movie. The thought alone touches me.. NOT THERE YA PERVS YA :mad: ;)

Runs outa thread singing... REDHEAD TO HEAVEN IN 2007!!!!

I hink so... but it also needs to be funnier... and by funnier, i mean more Spiderman quips... alot more. Infact, more spidey, and more involvement from the villian.

It's just sad that after TWO movies we're STILL asking for 2 thing that are a bloody STAPLE of the Spidey comics - quips and villain involvement.

I weep for the franchise...for some odd reason, when Spidey 5 rolls around we'll still be on here screaming for these things.

I think that temproarily while spidey is wearing the black suit, the movie should take on a darker tone. During the time when spidey is losing his mind, and doesn't know what's going on.

It better be darker or else I won't be seeing it. No offence to anyone but the first two movies felt like they were made for nine year olds.

Spider-Man was never intended to be an "adult" thing. He originally was for kids, but the themes over time became more mature, and anyone from 3 years old on up to age 100 are supposed to be able to relate to and enjoy it.

terry78 said:
Spider-Man was never intended to be an "adult" thing. He originally was for kids, but the themes over time became more mature, and anyone from 3 years old on up to age 100 are supposed to be able to relate to and enjoy it.

What comic were you reading growing up? With Peter's relationships playing just as important of a role in the comics as his webswinging, with Harry taking drugs, with all the personal problems Peter faced... it seemed they aimed for both young and old, and nailed it on both IMO.

Funny. Remember as a kid, skipping over some of the relationship "stuff" to get to the good stuff. Now... the relationship stuff means more than the action stuff to me. (full circle ;) )... NOT... that I don't enjoy the action stuff too... mind you. Just enjoy the character development more. And DO NOT confuse character development with the WB Puppy Love... ALL about ONE girl crap they're pushing on us.

god/devil said:
It better be darker or else I won't be seeing it. No offence to anyone but the first two movies felt like they were made for nine year olds.

:up: :up: :up:

Vile your Avator is so freaky. I hate that movie and not just for the bad acting.

Back on topic The reason I said the above statement about it being made for nine year olds was because of in my opinion the second film seemed unbalanced. One scene you would have a really deep emotion moment, then the next would be really childish and silly. Still a good movie though I just hope that the next one will be slightly more balanced and mature(not nessessarily darker)

Only as dark as the comics can be, which is pretty damn dark sometimes. But if you always keep to the heart of the character, give him a few quips, and enough uplifting scenes with MJ (but not cheesy ones), it'll be fine. Just no more goofy-faced Peter making himself look like a complete idiot.

Alexia Dark said:
Only as dark as the comics can be, which is pretty damn dark sometimes. But if you always keep to the heart of the character, give him a few quips, and enough uplifting scenes with MJ (but not cheesy ones), it'll be fine. Just no more goofy-faced Peter making himself look like a complete idiot.

!!! :up: :up: :up: :up: !!!

Here is a pic (that I looove by the way) submitted by Draw4U in the fan art thread:

venommovie7pf.jpg

As much as I absolutely love this picture, you can't tell me this monster could be in a Spider-Man movie without making the film a whole lot darker... This (to me at least) is the Venom that the fanboys & adult fans would like to see.

BUT, how could you honestly say that this sort of monster woudln't scare little kids? Whether or not they should be watching is another matter. But if history is anything to go by, we know that the studio is going to make a film that is accessible to as many people as possible. So as much as I would eventually love to see Venom in a SM movie, I can't help but feel that when we finally do see him, he'll be dumbed-down somewhat...

ps. Doesn't this picture go a looong way to making you realise how awesome Venom could really look on screen if done right?

One thing I do hope is that, yes fair enough when Venom's first created he sticks to the shadows and creeps about in the dark but as the film moves on we should see him in broad daylight fights too. I think they will make history with the special effects if they can pull off a fully believable Venom in broad daylight fighting Spidey.

The big finale of the SM films has resorted to night. I'd like to see the big showdown in SM3 conducted in the middle of the brightest sunniest day ever with the whole city watching and the press there in choppers and maybe even the army on stand by.

It has to be big people, REALLY BIG this time. Something we've not yet seen.
My point is also that they may get away with the Venom pictured above if the scenes are shot in the daylight. It's scarier at night when you see somehting as horrific as that thing above. A lot of the Ultimate Game's story parts are in the day and Venom moves and jumps around so well in that. He looks awesome apart from being purple and not black. But hey, it still shows how good he could be.

Just a thought guys, just a thought.

Frenzy said:
One thing I do hope is that, yes fair enough when Venom's first created he sticks to the shadows and creeps about in the dark but as the film moves on we should see him in broad daylight fights too. I think they will make history with the special effects if they can pull off a fully believable Venom in broad daylight fighting Spidey.

The big finale of the SM films has resorted to night. I'd like to see the big showdown in SM3 conducted in the middle of the brightest sunniest day ever with the whole city watching and the press there in choppers and maybe even the army on stand by.

It has to be big people, REALLY BIG this time. Something we've not yet seen.
My point is also that they may get away with the Venom pictured above if the scenes are shot in the daylight. It's scarier at night when you see somehting as horrific as that thing above. A lot of the Ultimate Game's story parts are in the day and Venom moves and jumps around so well in that. He looks awesome apart from being purple and not black. But hey, it still shows how good he could be.

Just a thought guys, just a thought.
:up: :up:

Yes, it HAS to be darker.

Harry's descension into madness, drugs, etc, requires a dark story to illustrate the dark path he ends up on. Simple as that.

If Venom is included, then it definitely needs to be darker. Venom is an evil-looking character....and to make that all bright and happy is to enter the Schuelmacher-esque doom that enveloped the batman franchise. Eddie's descent into madness and desperation, along with Peter (potentially) slipping as the symbiote begins to take him over also requires some more "darkness".

Does this mean that the film can't still be positive? No. Does it mean that the film can't still be enjoyable for all ages? NO.

It just means that we're going to actually get into the characters' heads a little more than the last two films. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"