Should SM3 be darker

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Red, Oct 25, 2005.

?

Should Spider-man 3 be darker

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. shinlyle King of the Haters

Even though it is a manip done of the movie version of Spawn, it still looks pretty damn cool... :up:

2. raybia Signing off

I still cannot help but wonder what kind of series this would have been if James Cameron was able to direct it like he wanted to originally.

3. shinlyle King of the Haters

You mean the one that had Spdiey killing bad guys left and right and fighting a Kingpin/Electro hybrid?

I'll just relish in the fact that it never happened.

4. Bicranial Registered

Yeah, that was awful. I especially liked Pete's wet web dream. Ick.

5. Abaddon Watching

I approve this post.:up:

6. LarryLegend Registered

me too.

7. Raniburger Registered

Is the Cameron script public property now? Is it available to read? If so, it would certainly be interesting to see an alternate take on the franchise...

8. The_Guyver Registered

9. Red King Littlefinger

"If" venom is indeed one of the villians, lets hope rami can bring in some of his old evil dead vison for 3.

10. Kmack Cheers!

Yes, I think it should get a bit darker, atmospherically and morally.

11. Galvatron Registered

I see SM-3 being in the tone of the first two movies.

12. Arcturus Registered

No keep the darkness for Spawn and whatnot.

13. Frenzy Registered

:up: :spidey: His villians should be bad ass and dark but the films - make them entertaining

14. Raniburger Registered

15. Cinemaman Registered

It should be darker but not like "Darkman" or "Batman'89".

16. Casius--J Web Master

Yeah i think it should have some dark elements but overall the character of spidey needs to be lighter and more funny. I want him to annoy the hell out of his adversaries!!

17. Venom4SM4 Registered

i think instead of bein darker the costumes need to be alittle more intimidating.....i mean come on gg is a maniac whys he need a flight suit. Since harry is going mad before he even breathed in the permormance enhanching antidote oscorp made, maybe when he takes it he will be double insane and just wear the oldschool gg costume maybe look somethin like >[​IMG]
    much cooler then a crappy flight suit and a expressionless mask......if it wasnt for defoes acting gg woulda been crap :confused: :( :(

18. Pablo Parker Registered

what i wonder is what´d happened if David Fincher would´ve directed. It´s been said that he wanted to focus in the university years of Parker and have Gwen Stacy in the movie... :(

19. CHEZ TIMELESS

Yeah, I agree Peter really needs a tan.

20. CHEZ TIMELESS

I think they should NOT go darker, just a little less cheesy romance and that will balance it out better.

21. technics Registered

I kno this an ancient thread but I was just watching Primetime Headlines on Cnn and they were talking about how the Harry Potter films are getting darker with each sequel and I thought that should be the course that the Spiderman films should take. I kno alot of ppl think that Spiderman is not dark but I beg to differ....The constant struggle when PP goes thru stuggles with money and with his relationships between life as Spiderman, money, Aunt May, MJ for example is (IMO) a dark theme. If Harry Potter franchise can be dark and sell toys and appeal to adults why cant SP.

22. Asteroid-Man Registered

ad a bit of swearing and it'll be dark enough

23. Mike Registered

Yeah how come there's no cussing in the Spidey films? I dont want the f bomb to be droped like a Kevin Smith film but come on, people do say a few cuss words here and there. Just have Spider-Man get knocked across the room, rubs his head and say "Damn". But I agree with technics, The kid audience is growing up and maturing with the Spidey films. Dont you think the Spidey films should mature and take a darker approach? And for God sakes give Spidey the quips!!!

24. Vile The Future is Vile

I dont think 'Darker' is the word, but I believe that Raimi needs to stop treating us like 5 year olds. He all but holds your hand the entire way through the movie - Again, take Octopus for example. Why couldnt Octavius had been an arrogant prick before the accident...only to become an arrogant prick with the means to DO something about it AFTER the accident? Oh no, that can't happen! Because in Raimi-Spidey World there ARE no bad people! Look kids! Otto is a great guy! He's funny! He loves his wife! See? Watch him stare lovingly into her eyes! And his work! Oh his work! For the good of mankind! But his whole life isnt his work, oh no, he needs time to read poetry to his wife!...who, incase you missed it the first time he truely loves a lot. And he likes Peter! Otto is a great guy....uh...accident time! Look out Otto! Those nasty tentacles have TAKEN CONTROL of you! Aww..poor Otto! Boo to the Tentacles! Wait...Spidey can't save the day...because Dr Octopus will! Yay! He's won over them nasty tentacles! Save the day, Ock! Save it!

25. Asteroid-Man Registered

Like tobey Maguire is a good actor. They make his role two...soft. They need to make him exactly like the 2 video games after the animated series. SPIDERMAN & SPIDERMAN 2:ENTER ELECTRO He is SPIDEY in that one.
    :spidey::spidey::spidey: