Should SM3 be darker

Vile said:
I dont think 'Darker' is the word, but I believe that Raimi needs to stop treating us like 5 year olds. He all but holds your hand the entire way through the movie - Again, take Octopus for example. Why couldnt Octavius had been an arrogant prick before the accident...only to become an arrogant prick with the means to DO something about it AFTER the accident? Oh no, that can't happen! Because in Raimi-Spidey World there ARE no bad people! Look kids! Otto is a great guy! He's funny! He loves his wife! See? Watch him stare lovingly into her eyes! And his work! Oh his work! For the good of mankind! But his whole life isnt his work, oh no, he needs time to read poetry to his wife!...who, incase you missed it the first time he truely loves a lot. And he likes Peter! Otto is a great guy....uh...accident time! Look out Otto! Those nasty tentacles have TAKEN CONTROL of you! Aww..poor Otto! Boo to the Tentacles! Wait...Spidey can't save the day...because Dr Octopus will! Yay! He's won over them nasty tentacles! Save the day, Ock! Save it!

Hahahha I love this post.:up:

I love Spider-Man, and I love the movies... but as nearly everyone else has said, many moments were way too childish. I wouldn't want it to be as dark as Batman... but sometimes it's just too cheesy.

If Venom ánd Goblin 2 are in i expect it to be darker than the first two.

I think they should have shown more of Harry's decent into drug adiction and madness... A few too many drinks and a hissy fit doesn't cut it :S

Princess Jade said:
I think they should have shown more of Harry's decent into drug adiction and madness...

:confused: And who's to say we won't see any of that in SM3? I mean, this IS the one where he is likely to go truly mad.

I just hope Venom isn't Eddie under the symbiote's control.

Cause that'd be freaking redundant and useless.

i think this one will be much darker especially looking at the teaser poster

like especially with harry wanting revenge and now he knows how to get it

I'd love to see a darker movie but Sony will never do it, particularly with a comic book franchise. It would probably halve their audience (and BO figures).

Well if Banks is true, and the theme of the movie is "The dark side of power/ the power a superhero has, and how they use it", then the answer is right there.

Vile said:
I dont think 'Darker' is the word, but I believe that Raimi needs to stop treating us like 5 year olds. He all but holds your hand the entire way through the movie - Again, take Octopus for example. Why couldnt Octavius had been an arrogant prick before the accident...only to become an arrogant prick with the means to DO something about it AFTER the accident? Oh no, that can't happen! Because in Raimi-Spidey World there ARE no bad people! Look kids! Otto is a great guy! He's funny! He loves his wife! See? Watch him stare lovingly into her eyes! And his work! Oh his work! For the good of mankind! But his whole life isnt his work, oh no, he needs time to read poetry to his wife!...who, incase you missed it the first time he truely loves a lot. And he likes Peter! Otto is a great guy....uh...accident time! Look out Otto! Those nasty tentacles have TAKEN CONTROL of you! Aww..poor Otto! Boo to the Tentacles! Wait...Spidey can't save the day...because Dr Octopus will! Yay! He's won over them nasty tentacles! Save the day, Ock! Save it!

While I do think the films should be more mature, giving the villains more than one emotion is actually a step towards that. I agree that making the tentacles "control" Ock was a very poor choice (I would have liked to have seen him turn criminal on his own, and what happens to him in the film would have given him plenty of motivation to do so). But making him a good person in the beginning made his character much more interesting to me. Movie characters must have arcs within the film in order to be realistic. Nobody in the world is evil all the way to the bone, even "bad" people are emotionally vulnerable at times. Totally bad characters are one dimensional on film. And to be fair, Otto was a bit arrogant in the film. One of the first things he says to Peter is (to paraphrase) "Your professor tells me you're lazy. Brilliance isn't enough, young man" followed later by "Peter, what have we been talking about for the last hour and a half?" when Peter questions him. So he was still kind of a jerk, but just a more realistic one.

would love a darker one..but then again its all about making money..so it probably wont be, but with what is supposedly going to happen in SM3 it might just be!

SpiderB said:
While I do think the films should be more mature, giving the villains more than one emotion is actually a step towards that. I agree that making the tentacles "control" Ock was a very poor choice (I would have liked to have seen him turn criminal on his own, and what happens to him in the film would have given him plenty of motivation to do so). But making him a good person in the beginning made his character much more interesting to me. Movie characters must have arcs within the film in order to be realistic. Nobody in the world is evil all the way to the bone, even "bad" people are emotionally vulnerable at times. Totally bad characters are one dimensional on film. And to be fair, Otto was a bit arrogant in the film. One of the first things he says to Peter is (to paraphrase) "Your professor tells me you're lazy. Brilliance isn't enough, young man" followed later by "Peter, what have we been talking about for the last hour and a half?" when Peter questions him. So he was still kind of a jerk, but just a more realistic one.

yeah i see what you mean like otto didnt want to be evil he loved his wife and he liked his job

but i also think he went a bit mad after his wife got killed

they can go darker and not lose their audience
harry potter goes darker with each film they make and i think they keep making more and more money each time...at least they're not really losing too many people other than the very young ones, maybe
i think sony can go darker, but it's not like we'll see venom chowing down on MJs guts or anything that "dark"

"chowing down" good way to put it

can you imagine it would be surprising if spidey dies in the end of this film

If Venom's in it, definitely darker.

theoneandonly said:
"chowing down" good way to put it

can you imagine it would be surprising if spidey dies in the end of this film

it sure would be surprising, but not likely...and people would be maaaad
MAYBE spiderman can die but the symbiote brings him back to life if the symbiote suit is in this one..then MJ has a problem with him having suit that has that kind of power (this would work if the suit is a medical device like in Ultimate Spiderman...
they could have him dead if they do an empire strikes back type ending and have the suit appear from his pores and maybe we see a finger twitch or his eyes open, all white and creepy as the movie ends
or maybe Reed Richards can bring him back to life like he did in Secret Wars II with the help of superpowered Dr. Doom, haha....oh comics....

yes because if spiderman gets the symbiote on him and he almost kils someone then its a lot darker than the other two movies.

If Venom and GG2 are there, which looks like they are.. I think Venom will just make it darker by being there. Green Goblin 2 makes it darker because it is friend vs friend, brother vs brother

yeah this 1 will be dark what with all the death and harry wanting revenge

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"