The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Should Sony move forward with Sinister 6 and Venom?

marcvader

Lurker #1
Reaction score
I think it's a big mistake. The studio should concentrate on making the best possible Spidey movie as it seems the property has lost some of its luster. Is there a demand for films about Spidey villains without Spidey? What do you guys think?

The production of the Venom and Sinister Six movies are going to have absolutely ZERO effect on the quality or production of TASM3, so this question is both pointless and weird.

Yes they should. But they should slow down abit.

It was fine for Marvel to rush their event movie since they set it up in three movies about different characters. But with Spidey it feels more rushed as it's only his individual movies.

. Is there a demand for films about Spidey villains without Spidey? What do you guys think?

Probably not. But their job is to make people interested in it. There was little interest in Avengers but they got people interested by making it a big deal.

No.

But that's because of 4 things:

1. Sinister Six a redemption tale? No. **** this. Worst idea ever.

2. Will Spidey be in it? I can't picture both films without a large about of Spidey.

3. You can't have Venom without the black suit so when are you giving him the black suit?

4. Will Garfield be back? If not, I don't care. I ask if he is back mainly because it would feel weird if he ain't there and someone like Dane is.

They should move forward with the Sinister Six but take a different approach. They need to put Spider-Man front and center and have him fight the Sinister Six.

Yeah,it will kinda "lol" if Spidey doesn't appear in one of these movies and no redemption tales.

I'm all for it as long as Spider-Man plays a major role. Just call the film Spider-Man vs. the Sinister Six. I think if the franchise as a whole proves to be a success then in the long run they can go ahead and make villain centered movies. Until then they have to focus on Spider-Man.

CyclopsWasRight said:
Probably not. But their job is to make people interested in it. There was little interest in Avengers but they got people interested by making it a big deal.

There was tons of interest in The Avengers. People pretty much creamed their pants when Sam Jackson mentioned them in the first Iron Man film.

No.

But that's because of 4 things:

1. Sinister Six a redemption tale? No. **** this. Worst idea ever.

Nothing has been said about what the SS movie is going to deal with plot-wise, so I'm not sure where you got this 'redemption story' idea from.

2. Will Spidey be in it? I can't picture both films without a large about of Spidey.

They've said that Spidey will more than likely play some role in both the SS and Venom films.

3. You can't have Venom without the black suit so when are you giving him the black suit?

There's no story requirement that says that there has to be a film that tells the story of how Spidey finds and uses the 'Black Suit' (symbiote), so a Venom film could very easily start with an appearance by a Black-Suited Spider-Man before diving full-speed into the story of Eddie Brock (or someone else) acquiring the suit and being taken over by it.

4. Will Garfield be back? If not, I don't care. I ask if he is back mainly because it would feel weird if he ain't there and someone like Dane is.

If Garfield doesn't come back, it will be no different than the 'Bond situation' where you have multiple actors playing the same character.

There was tons of interest in The Avengers. People pretty much creamed their pants when Sam Jackson mentioned them in the first Iron Man film.

Was that just comic book fans or the GA? Because no one really knew who the Avengers were at that point. lol

Marvel built up iron man, Thor and Cap, b listers. With the right material it's not impossible to build up b list villains.

We've got a ton of terrific CBM villains over the years, but none of them are particularly compelling divorced from the hero. Add to that the fact that the Sony Spider-Man franchise is in a creative and financial lull and that you're looking at a $150 million + budget to bring a half dozen super-powered baddies onto the big screen, and I don't see how a Sinister Six film makes money.

I am hoping Sony starts thinking less about a Spidey connected cinematic universe and more about potential MCU crossovers. Marvel's New York based Netflix series seems like a terrific opportunity for both studios, with Spidey potentially getting a superhero buddy (Daredevil?) to join him on the big screen. We shall see.

To me.......if Spiderman is featured as one of the main characters in these films, then why call that **** a spinoff? Its just another Spiderman film to me that shares more focus on the villains. If its truly a spinoff, that means the film is driven by those characters not Spiderman. U tease Spiderman in those spinoffs, then people will want to see him instead of them. Which I think thats what would happen anyways. They need to ditch this idea.

There is no reason why the director of Cabin in the Woods can't make a villain movie that is just as subversive for the superhero genre as CinW was for the horror genre.

Yes, they should. It could be exactly what is needed to reignite excitement in the franchise with the general public. If they do a Venom movie and don't screw it up, it's going to be huge. Then everyone will want to see the next Spider-man movie if they bring Venom into it after that.

Depending on how it is done, Sinister Six may be a huge win. It's crazy enough to work. Then again, I'm not as sure about it as Venom. You never know, it bay be even bigger.

To me.......if Spiderman is featured as one of the main characters in these films, then why call that **** a spinoff? Its just another Spiderman film to me that shares more focus on the villains. If its truly a spinoff, that means the film is driven by those characters not Spiderman. U tease Spiderman in those spinoffs, then people will want to see him instead of them. Which I think thats what would happen anyways. They need to ditch this idea.

People are tired of seeing "just another Spider-man movie". I think it is important to differentiate itself as a seperate film to feel new and for people to think of it as a film about a different character than Spider-man.

Yeah, I think a Venom film would be okay but I REALLY don't understand making a Sinister Six film either without Spider-Man or with Spidey as a background character.

I wish to God they'd just ditch this idea and work out a deal to bring Spider-Man into the Avengers universe. Can you imagine how much money they'd make? A Spidey/Avengers movie would be the highest grossing film of all time. Guaranteed.

Four villains

All horrible

Sinister SIX? Please no.

I think if they are under the impression that a Sinister Six film can sustain itself narratively and make money, they are in for a big dissapointment. The whole point of the Sinister Six is to take down Spider-Man. Without Spider-Man there is no purpose.

And I doubt the GA would give two farts if they aren't fighting Spidey in a film. I also doubt they would waste Garfield either since he's contractually obligated for a certain amount of films and even with a cameo, they would be using his "I'm signed on only for 3 (or is it 4?) movies" card.

In order to gain interest, I think they would need some sort of A-list cast to attract the GA - which is not going to happen.

And I doubt the GA would give two farts if they aren't fighting Spidey in a film. I also doubt they would waste Garfield either since he's contractually obligated for a certain amount of films and even with a cameo, they would be using his "I'm signed on only for 3 (or is it 4?) movies" card.

In order to gain interest, I think they would need some sort of A-list cast to attract the GA - which is not going to happen.

I had no interest in seeing X-Men Origins: Magento because it wasn't going to have the X:Men but the truth is the best part of X:FC was the opening with Magento's upbringing.

Make a good movie and people will see it regardless.

A Venom spin off has disaster written all over it. Venom doesn't work as anything other than an enemy to Spidey. That's the whole basis for his existence. The anti hero thing is pure nonsense. A product of the awful 90's era in the Spidey comics.

As for the Sinister Six, a movie based on a bunch of villains, and now they're calling it the redemptive Sinister Six, it sounds like a train wreck.

A Venom spin off has disaster written all over it. Venom doesn't work as anything other than an enemy to Spidey. That's the whole basis for his existence. The anti hero thing is pure nonsense. A product of the awful 90's era in the Spidey comics.

As for the Sinister Six, a movie based on a bunch of villains, and now they're calling it the redemptive Sinister Six, it sounds like a train wreck.

Have you read recent Venom comics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"