Should The Hulk Be The Villain In The Avengers? You Decide, Says Hulk Director

Hulk is not and should never be portrayed as the villain. He's not the catalyst who harvest's evil intent.

What he can and should be portrayed as is the misunderstood antagonist that the heroes want to bring down, until they realize he's not the threat he's said to be, if they would just listen to the him when he pleads to 'Leave me alone.'

I think that the way Hulk was handled in the Ultimate Avengers animated movie is how they should use him in the live action version. Watch it. It's good. He starts off as a "bad guy" of sorts (everyone knows he's not evil, he's just misunderstood... & you know, Hulk kinda has a bit of a temper). Anyway, he basically has his way with the Avengers... Seriously, WATCH IT! Tell me you wouldn't want to see Hulk kicking the living crap out of Giant Man on the big screen!!! & Iron Man!!! & Cap!!! & Thor!!! He beats them all down... with authority... & I must say, as a Hulk fan, it was freakin' awesome!!!

Then, the Avengers NEED Hulk to help them stop a major threat to human life/civilization on earth & so we get both Hulk the "villian" AND Hulk the "hero" all in one amazing movie...

MARVEL, listen up! Have a meeting & watch the Ultimate Avengers animated movie you put out. It was pretty good. Take that base story, change a few things around to make it more pleasing to the average moviegoer & POOF! Money in the bank.

PS: MARVEL, You should hire me to make these kinds of decisions for your films. I will never fail. Trust me. Here's proof... I predict that if you persist with making Thor, it will not do very well. If it were my decision, I'd hold off on it until AFTER the Avengers.

While I'm giving you free advice, have this... To build more anticipation for your films, I'd minimize the releases for the next couple years... Do this... Captain America in 2009 (& it better be set in WWII or it's gonna flop), Avengers in 2010... Get crackin'

No way Cap can be finished by next year man. They don't even have a director (at least an announced one).

No way Cap can be finished by next year man. They don't even have a director (at least an announced one).

If they focused solely on that (while also working on pre-production for The Avengers) & put it out late next year, yes, they could... With ease. But they won't. They'll waste more time on Thor & it'll flop.

No they can't. A big production like Cap when it gets really moving takes usually two years to complete. Thus, even if they worked their hands to the bone, Cap wouldn't be finished by next year.

Personally, I don't think Hulk should be the villain in The Avengers. I know that it happened in The Ultimates, but despite my love for that series I think Hulk was characterized poorly in that Millar/Hitch run.

^The Ultimate Hulk is a joke of a character. Marvel screwed that up big time, making mock of the character, instead of trying to reinvent him.

^The Ultimate Hulk is a joke of a character. Marvel screwed that up big time, making mock of the character, instead of trying to reinvent him.
+1 agree. I like what they did with the other characters, but when it came to the Hulk they lost all of their senses. The Old School Hulk is still number one in my book.

As far as the The Hulk as a villain, Hells NO. A misunderstood and Framed person, YES. The Team should realize this and move to part two of the movie, The Fight with Galactus. Just kidding. :cwink:

The Hulk squabbling with other superheroes is an integral part of the character. I look forward to seeing this element of him on screen.

I think the hulk could work well as an antagonist for the avengers only if he is closer to the professor level of intellgence, I think that a creature with the strength of the hulk and the intellegence of bruce banner would be a viable threat to the world that would result in the formation of the avengers. I would like to see them focusing all there attention on a threat that isnt really there, I mean even with his vast intellect he does not want to be a bad guy, so maybe have there be another threat maybe in the form of loki manipulating events so that people think the hulk has done things he has not done, made moves against the world that loki has done and made it look like the hulk was the culprit.

Maybe they could work something into the movie about the hulk having a conflict with the other avengers and maybe have a fight scene with them but the villain/villains for the avenger movie should be actual villains.

I think he should start as someone they need to tame to join a la Mr. Hyde in LXG.

i say they hunt'em down and have 1 fight with em then have him on the team and have like red skull and ultron as villians. the have the heroes realize that they couldnt of done it without him.

I think banner should help out with what
appears to be the movies main threat,
but it turns out it is really just a test by
Fury. Betty gets injured in the test
making banner hulk out and knock
out fury leaving the avengers to deal with him.

The Hulk will probably be the focus of capture or stoppage.
If you remember when Stark aproaches Ross at the End of the Hulk movie.
He doesn't go to Banner to recruit he goes to Ross.
Stark says to Ross "I hear you have a problem."
We all know that Ross' problem has always been and will always be what?
The Hulk.
Same story as the Incredible Hulk they will all attack him until they see a bigger threat at which point the Hulk will help them and then jump away at the end.

It should go like this:Marvel you better pay me if you use this.
Fury talks to Ross about the superserum formula.He begins to tell him of how he was unauthorized to tamper with it and that the serum was off limits until further study after the incident from WW2.We then flashback to a scene where they begin to talk about Captain America.How Captain America was the last hope to war that we were losing unbeknowing to the general public.As the Natzi's had a special unit led by the Red Skull were experimenting with DNA manipulation,Mind Control and even tampering with the mystical trying to contact mystical Gods.Hint,hint,.Legend has it they made some form of contact.But the war was over before that coud be varified.He then goes on to say that in the mist of battle with the Red Skull he was in an explosion,At that point he fell and landed hundreds of feet under ice.What we don't know at this point is that the Red skull fell as well and both survived in suspended animation.Because of the super soldier serum that the Red Skull aquired as well.Or at least their version of it.Upon releasing Cap.I haven't figured that part out yet but then they also release the Red Skull.At this point he(The Red Skull) is held in suspended animation for observation for his serum as well.As they try to revive Captain america.For DNA samples for the serum since all the serum samples was lost with Ross,Hulk and Abomination fiacisco.The Government need to make more serum samples to create a special army to go after the Hulk.
We then see a special cell.(prison)were Blonsky(Abomination) is being held under consant sedation.Then a dark figure walks in.We then see the guards fell to the ground axphiciated without the ability to breath all done by mind control.This person walks up to the cell and low and behold it's the Leader(Samuel Sterns) and he tells the Abomination he has him to thank for who he is and it is time he return the favor.The prison is decemated by a Machine buit by Sterns call Ultron and They break Abomination Out.Sterns looking to continue his experimentation on the serum attacks the base with the Abominition and Ultron who is then attacked by Iron man and Giantman/Antman under the barrage of bullets and attacks and chaos Banner Hulks out they battle the Leader,Abomination and Ultron who are unable to steal the body of Captain America so they then take the body of the next best thing.The Red Skull.Now the government realizing they have a bigger problem .Iron man calls in the help of his friend Rhodes and offers him a suit to become War Machine.Sterns in his lab eventually awakens the Red Skull. Who both then conspire to dominate and take control over the world with an army of armegedden of super soldiers.He then reveals to Stern the ability he had aquired of communicating with mystical Gods .They then Contact Loki who is in agreement of taking over midguard since he cannot overthrow Asguard.He is of course is follwed by Thor who comes to advise the powers that be in our government what time it is.He feels it is his resposibility to assist Fury and the rest because of Loki.They realize they must form a team.Cap is revived Banner is asked in to help with Abominitation.Warmachine Giantman/Antman Wasp are asked to help as well,and then let the Chips fall where they may.
Well watcha think? hungh,hungh,watcha think?

You covered all the details, but it is a bit of a whirl-wind. :woot:

I have a different and equally long-winded tilt on things, but alas, I don't have the time at the moment to expound. I will get back and spin my wheels later...

My best case scenario:

The Avengers should form to fight the threat of Ultron, who is introduced in Ant-Man.
Then the Sub-Mariner should show up (freeing Cap from the ice in the process) and convince Hulk to work with him against the Avengers.

I`d say yes to hulk as avengers villain but only if ....

a) loki was the real villain and had tricked the avengers and hulk.

b)hulk is being hunted by the avengers and decides to fight back. While figuring out what to do he meets another super-human hounded by the avengers and the government......Namor!!!

C`mon avengers versus hulk like in the ultimates is ok. But avengers versus hulk and namor is just such a cool idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"