The Amazing Spider-Man Should the Spider-man Reboot Integrate with The Avengers Universe?

MarvelFan150

Civilian
Reaction score
What do you think? I'd love to see (if they really make a box office hit), Tony Stark building the Iron Spider armor for Spider-man for whatever reason, like in the comics. :awesome:

So, do you think the new Marvel Universe should include Spider-man and the new hero movies in the future?

P.S : If you vote no, please explain why.

Last edited:
No. Not because it has happened in comics it has to work in movies.

Why do people insist on ignoring the fundamental fact that as a legality it just cannot happen? The same question is constantly brought up and simultaneously answered and here we are yet again.

I say yes. I don't think Spider-Man should be on an original Avenger. But I support Spidey being an Avenger. Plus, with Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver at Fox, that's two classic spots that could for Spidey & say... Wonderman or Black Knight.

Why do people insist on ignoring the fundamental fact that as a legality it just cannot happen? The same question is constantly brought up and simultaneously answered and here we are yet again.
That.

Because what should and could happen are different things and this thread is about what should happen. And because discussion is possible even when things are not going to happen the way we want.

no, there is too little spidey on screen as it is without reducing it further with avengers build up

I understand the reality of the situation as it relates to the rights issue. It might be cool to see an Avengers cameo in some form but Spidey movies should mainly be about Spidey.

I suppose another fantastic reason to still read the comics is that we get to see our favorites all together in the same universe. Hollywood/Marvel's circumstances will seemingly never allow for that.

Even in absence of the fact that it can't happen, the mere mention of that God-awful Iron Spider Sidekick Suit makes me just cringe. Spider-Man is a hero who, IMHO, works best alone. I prefer his movies isolated from what everyone else is doing. Imagine if he'd shown up at the dock to battle Ock with 50 SHIELD agents. Or arrived at the construction site with Iron Man. It would've made for really lame storytelling. It would be equally lame if, knowing they existed in the same cinematic universe, these organizations didn't lend a hand when Spidey was facing a major crisis. No. Let the Avengers do their thing & let Spidey do his. And ne'er the twain should meet. Onscreen anyway.

I don't think that Spidey should be in the Avengers, but I think they should exist within the same universe. Maybe have Nick Fury pay him a visit. Some of the most interesting parts of Ultimate to me are Peter's interactions with Nick Fury.

I don't think that Spidey should be in the Avengers, but I think they should exist within the same universe. Maybe have Nick Fury pay him a visit. Some of the most interesting parts of Ultimate to me are Peter's interactions with Nick Fury.

:cmad:

That's what I've BEEN talking about all this time! You guys didn't read it correctly!

I don't want him to be in the Avengers, I just want somehow to see a Stark Industries billboard in the background as Spider-man is swinging through the city.

And yet, despite his many interactions with Fury, neither Fury nor SHIELD ever seem to be available when the **** hits the fan. What's the point in having them in the story?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"