Shows that never "caught on" but you loved regardless

I can't remember the name of the show, but it came out in the mid-80s. Basically two single guys hire a maid.... a rather gorgeous blonde maid who doesn't know much about housekeeping. The problem revolves around the guys girlfriends, they obviously don't like the arrangement. It has a few episodes and then went off the air. Anyone know what the name of the show was or who the lead actress was? Thanks!

I remember Catwalk!! That was my show! At least it had closure with the band getting a major record deal.

I wish they'd stop messing around and give me a DVD.

Tru Calling
Drive
The Life And Times Of Vivviene Vyle
The Mummy
Evolution
Mummies Alive!
Mutant X
Arrested Development
And Then You Die
The Class
Quintuplets
Saturday Night Fever (Sing In The New Year)
Jekyll

im sure there is more but thats all i can think of

EZ Streets
Bakersfield PD
Greg the Bunny

Firefly
Deadlast
Special Unit 2
Covington Cross
Journeyman
Andy Richter Controls the Universe

Firefly
The Crow: Stairway to Heaven
Young Hercules
Dresden Files
Blade: The Series
Greg The Bunny

Yep, I rehashed the posts of the thread, I know.

Arrested Development
Wonderfalls
Dead Like Me
Veronica Mars
Freaks and Geeks
Undeclared
VFirefly

...I tend to enjoy ill-fated shows. I'm assuming Pushing Daisies, Chuck and Reaper will all be on their way out then...

With fanboys - the critics - but certainly not the general public. I myself would be hard pressed to have a single friend who would know what VM is.

With fanboys - the critics - but certainly not the general public. I myself would be hard pressed to have a single friend who would know what VM is.

You know, if VM had ended with season two, I would probably agree with you, but season 3 was such a turd sandwich.

the invsible man its coming on dvd in march
ealry edition
batman beyond
Now and Again
the flash
kung fu- ledgen counties
teen angel I like this show a lot.

yes !! teen angel , i was really digging that show .
also dead like me was interesting .. i never even caught the second season but once i found out it was cancelled i didnt bother with it.

The Flash caught on I thought but was too expensive according to the studio to continue.

Aside from Arrested Development, which had the Emmys but not enough viewers (of which I'm to blame since I didn't watch while it was on), the only other show I can think of was Babylon 5.

Now Babylon 5 did catch on with some sci-fi fans, even people at NASA would watch, but not the general audience which basically thought that Star Trek was it for sci-fi on tv was it, which was the way things were in the early to mid-90s. Plus, if you were trying to either watch it or record it, you would need a ouija board and a guide dog to find it. One week it would be on a particular channel at 9pm, then the next week it could be on another channel at 3am. It wasn't until TNT picked it up for the fifth season that it got a regular channel at a regular time. And even then, the audience for Babylon 5 turned in just for that hour alone, and the regular viewers of TNT avoided that hour and then came back. From the network's viewpoint, they didn't pick up any new viewers.

the invsible man its coming on dvd in march
ealry edition
batman beyond
Now and Again
the flash
kung fu- ledgen counties
teen angel I like this show a lot.

Glad someone brought that one up :word: :cmad:

...I tend to enjoy ill-fated shows. I'm assuming Pushing Daisies, Chuck and Reaper will all be on their way out then...

I can't imagine CW giving up on Reaper. It's got too much going for it at this point. And Chuck has a full season order, a decision made despite the writers' strike.

Thats correct back then it was just to expensive for a Flash TV series. It was a highly rated show just cost to much.

Going up against the The Simpsons and the Cosby Show didn't help, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"