Shows that never "caught on" but you loved regardless

"John Doe". A show with Dominic Purcell (that was the first time when I got to know the guy). It ended after a season and left me with a thousand questions. I hate to be left wondering...

Gotta be Night Visions for me. It was a Twilight Zone/Outer Limits-esque show, and I found the majority of episodes to be genuinely well-executed - acting, writing, and all. One of those shows were you suddenly didn't have an urge to change the channel, even during commercials.

Andy Richter Controls the Universe
Drive
Wonderfalls
Eyes

I hated Ryan Gosling in Young Hercules.

Early Edition was pretty awesome.

And y'know, the other obvious answers like Greg the Bunny and Firefly. I don't think Arrested Development counts, honestly. If Arrested Development counts then Twin Peaks should too.

Oh, and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. The fact that it only lasted six episodes is a crime against humanity. :csad:

I for got to add 7 days. it was about guy who can go back in time for 7 days .

I for got to add 7 days. it was about guy who can go back in time for 7 days .

It did last almost 2 seasons. Which is kind of a phenomenal considering it was on UPN.

Roar
Gargoyles
Firefly
The Dresden Files
John Doe

...I know there are more...

And y'know, the other obvious answers like Greg the Bunny and Firefly. I don't think Arrested Development counts, honestly. If Arrested Development counts then Twin Peaks should too.

Oh, and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. The fact that it only lasted six episodes is a crime against humanity. :csad:

Early Edition did go 4 seasons though. Another one Kyle Chandler was involved with that reaced critical success was called "Homefront" They aired reruns on some channel and I watched almost all of them in a row. :eek: Can't believe a show like that got cancelled.

Another great series as an Elvis fan I can say the Elvis: The Early Years. Even if you never knew much of Elvis, wow what a show. They captured the 50's era perfectly and they let him be human.

Early Edition did go 4 seasons though. Another one Kyle Chandler was involved with that reaced critical success was called "Homefront" They aired reruns on some channel and I watched almost all of them in a row. :eek: Can't believe a show like that got cancelled.

Another great series as an Elvis fan I can say the Elvis: The Early Years. Even if you never knew much of Elvis, wow what a show. They captured the 50's era perfectly and they let him be human.

Men Behaving Badley with Rob Schneider and Police Squad with Leslie Nielson come to mind.I also liked Studio 60.

I haven't heard of 99% of these shows. :huh:

My So Called Life
The Heights

...Manimal :D

Blade:The series
Journeyman
Vanished

Is it too early to add Journey Man? I kind of don't want to list it yet. I mean it was the possible last episode tonight... But I just don't know if I can put it on the list yet :(

Roar
Gargoyles
Firefly
The Dresden Files
John Doe

...I know there are more...

ROAR

I totally forgot about that one. What a wonderful show! But gargoyles lasted longer than even the creator of the show wanted so it pretty much ran it's course.

After Firefly, I didn't think Fox would have the gall to cancel Drive.

:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"