Shows that never reached their full potential

0neDisturbedSOB said:
Masters of The Universe (new) - Was cut shorter than the original series back in the 80's. Again I feel like this one was cancelled before they could really get into some good stories. I read an article that said had this show continued it would've been about Hordak coming to take over Eternia which forces He-Man and the MOTU to become renegades in their own land....sounds like an awesome idea, and I'm bummed we really only got to see Hordak in one episode.
The short life span of the this particular new series was a crime against humanity. And I blame Cartoon Network for dropping the ball here.

- Men In Black.
- Fastlane.
- The Rich List.

Dark Angel
MTV-Spiderman
Blade
Rockos modern life
Gantz(they should have continued with the manga)
Futurama
(meh I could go on a while)

Sloth7d said:
Dark Angel
MTV-Spiderman
Blade
Rockos modern life
Gantz(they should have continued with the manga)
Futurama
(meh I could go on a while)

YES!
I loved the show, and it was something to watch on Thursday nights.
Damn. :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

Warhammer said:
YES!
I loved the show, and it was something to watch on Thursday nights.
Damn. :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

Blade came on Wednesday nights.But that's neither here nor there now.

Yeah, I was the prime advocate against ints creation, as I didn't think it would be gory enough, and that Sticky Fingaz couldn't possibly be any good as Blade. But while he was nothing compared to Snipes, he was good in the role given the context. And the action improved over the course of the series. The stories were well-developed, and every now and then, you saw a chick's nekkid booty! Bad move on Spike's part. What have they got going for them now?

Spidey-Bat said:
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT :(

I miss it. (imagine Tobias in his cutoffs crying in a shower, and that is how I feel.)

KenK said:
Blade came on Wednesday nights.But that's neither here nor there now.

Yeah, I was the prime advocate against ints creation, as I didn't think it would be gory enough, and that Sticky Fingaz couldn't possibly be any good as Blade. But while he was nothing compared to Snipes, he was good in the role given the context. And the action improved over the course of the series. The stories were well-developed, and every now and then, you saw a chick's nekkid booty! Bad move on Spike's part. What have they got going for them now?

Whoops, typo.

Btw, they still have MXC. :down

LOUD_SILENT_MAN said:
I miss it. (imagine Tobias in his cutoffs crying in a shower, and that is how I feel.)

We may see Tobias again on Scrubs.

Spidey-Bat said:
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT :(

Its sad that it got cancelled but fox tends to cancel every good show they have.

You know, it's funny. Arrested Development was canceled, but it was one of the shows Fox actually tried to push forward. Unlike Futurama (which was canned because it got pre-empted by sporting events) or Firefly (I never once saw a promo that said what day or time that came on. It was always "this week on Fox"), Arrested Development was given a Simpsons lead-in, promoted like hell, and was given multiple chances to gain viewers. It got Fox an Emmy, so they tried their damnedest to keep it on the air. If Fox was only looking at the ratings, they would've given Arrested Development the boot after the first season. It got 3 seasons because Fox kept throwing fans a bone. They wanted it to reach its potential.

But it never gathered a significant audience-- at least not as far as the outdated Nielsen ratings system could tell.

Probably would've been a dynamo on cable, though.

Sailor Moon, only in the UK, FOX Kids never showed S or SuperS, but there's no hope - before this contract could be renewed, Toei revoked it, so there's no chance.

Dragonball GT missed the ball on plenty of potential feasible sagas...and stories

Visionaries only lasted 13 eps, it had WAY more potential...

mtv spidey

evolution could have really gone somewhere, all they had to do was up the voilence to the ultimate avengers level and it could have been seriously really good stuff.

beyond was really good in its first series and part of its second but then it started to slack and i feel that if it carried on, it would have gotten worse. I like how they left it. The only thing i would have done was to make terry's lil brother batman's son instead of terry. so there was a definite future there, Heck even have him as a Robin beyond. that would have made me orgasm everywhere but it's alright as it is.

Ring raiders i also felt could have gone somewhere.

[Faustinas] said:
Witchblade..One word always came to mind when I watched an episode of this show: beautiful...it was just shot so well and the story was very compelling..so much mythos and history...they could have put their own spin on all sorts of histories and mythologies like Stargate has done.

I loved that show and miss it dearly.:csad:

I'm bumping the **** out of this thread.

Jack and Bobby. Watched it on youtube recently. Forgot how good it was. Such a well-written and acted show, The WB should've been ashamed of themselves for letting it go and keeping utter **** like 7th Heaven on.

HAHA! Wow Sawyer! You bump a thread that has me *****ing about Touching Evil from over 4 years age hahaha. I still think Touching Evil was such a better fit for Donovan than Burn Notice, **** Burn Notice! Touching Evil was soooo good

I really enjoyed 'Journeyman'. It was building up a really good story arc and creating a mythology around past time travellers.

Shame it was cancelled. Bad timing with the writers' strike, I think.

I really enjoyed 'Journeyman'. It was building up a really good story arc and creating a mythology around past time travellers.

Shame it was cancelled. Bad timing with the writers' strike, I think.

Don't remind me! Freakin loved that show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"