Shows that never reached their full potential

From my years I have learned that good shows are replaced by what is cheaper such as megas xlr cartoonnetwork will have to pay a group of people to come up with ideas ,draw,write,promote,voice over, and other things needed for tv shows, or go with the easy way of buying something from japan and just doing a voice over and rewrite a dumb plot and their you go. Soon all shows will be cancelled on CN and replaced by anime for that is the soon fate of cartoons.

Men in Black cartoon...70% of those episodes were excellent.:marv:

ROBOTRON said:
Men in Black cartoon...70% of those episodes were excellent.:marv:

That was a good cartoon, with a slick intro.

I kind of miss Big Guy and Rusty. That could've been a great show.

deathshead2 said:
From my years I have learned that good shows are replaced by what is cheaper such as megas xlr cartoonnetwork will have to pay a group of people to come up with ideas ,draw,write,promote,voice over, and other things needed for tv shows, or go with the easy way of buying something from japan and just doing a voice over and rewrite a dumb plot and their you go. Soon all shows will be cancelled on CN and replaced by anime for that is the soon fate of cartoons.
You're overreacting. If that was the case, Cartoon Network wouldn't have Atomic Betty or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Cartoon-Cartoon Fridays would be replaced with Adult Swim Action. They even have a line-up of cartoons currently in production. American animation isn't simply going to keel over, and all companies will start purchasing dubs. Better/smoother animation quality is what has always separated American from Japanese animation.

I would love to see CN resurrect shows like He-Man (new one), X-Men Evolution and the new Spider-Man show that was on MTV. All of those shows were quality shows with some good action and pretty good writing....for some reason they were cancelled before they really got a chance to shine.

Manic said:
You're overreacting. If that was the case, Cartoon Network wouldn't have Atomic Betty or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Cartoon-Cartoon Fridays would be replaced with Adult Swim Action. They even have a line-up of cartoons currently in production. American animation isn't simply going to keel over, and all companies will start purchasing dubs. Better/smoother animation quality is what has always separated American from Japanese animation.

Deathshed 2 is not overreacting his absouluty right. cartoon network may have your basic cartoons like you stated manic. but end of a good quality super heroe show is dieing out fast. thier are not many good super hero shows on air. the only good ones now are the new tmnt, jlu, & tt's,well im starting to turn my head away from tt's since how the prophecy was portrayed.

spawn the ainakted series is coming back. but all the crap they have on tv now, all those other anime cartoons with thier stupidf sublopts is garbage & dosen't follow up to a super hero cartoon.

Ever since TBS started airing ED on weekdays I would watch it after classes and I loved it. I know its not a superhero show but I think it coulda had a few more seasons.

Marvel dropped all of their superhero cartoons during the big bankrupcy. X-Men: Evolution ended because it reached its 52 episode limit (which was all it was contracted for). As you said, DC still has their superhero shows (JLU, TT, and even The F'ing Batman).

So where are the original action cartoons? There's Danny Phantom, Avatar, Codename: Kids Next Door, Juniper Lee, a possible upcoming Fantastic Four series, the upcoming Immortal Grand Prix (which will be made by both Cartoon Network and an anime company), and Duck Dodgers. Yes, I'm aware many of those are action-comedies, but they're still action shows on some level.

American TV networks may be picking up more action shows from Japan, but we still dominate animated comedies.

It was a show on NBC. Ed moves home to Stuckeyville from NYC because he caught his wife cheating on him and lost his job on the same day. He then opens up a law practice inside Stuckeybowl, the bowling alley he buys. Throughout the show he pursues his high school crush until they finally get married.

oh THAT showthanks for the explaination

If you're talking about cartoons I'd have to say The Zeta Project, Superman TAS and Batman Beyond. For tv shows I think I'd have to go with Firefly, Wonderfalls, Covington Cross and Andy Richter

DBM said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Keen Eddie.

That show was great. Action, drama, and whole lot of comedy.

I completely forgot Keen Eddie. Great show and Sienna Miller was like the hottest thing ever on that show.

MSUdawgs163 said:
Raven? What is that?
a martial arts adventure series

jonathan raven was orphaned as a boy in japan when his parents were murdered by the black dragon society after he studied ninjutsu for years he infiltrated the society
after meeting the woman who'd eventually bear his son hitori they were separated and hitori was sent to live in hawaiii the series which dealt with ravens adventures while searching for his son :spidey:

big guy and rusty, what a great show. the action was graet and the plots were great. and it was created by frank miller

Remeber that new Jonny Quest from a few years ago? That wasn't bad...they could've kept that going and developed it.

I'm suffering from anime overload. Even though I like one or 2 of them, I'm tired of the genre. Give me something else, isn't there someone out there with some creativity besides Mike Judge and Genndy Tarkowski (or whatever that guys name is is from cartoon network). I'd like to see some more Marvel, DC or even Image comic heroes out there...anything non-anime...I'm sick of anime.

Manic said:
Marvel dropped all of their superhero cartoons during the big bankrupcy. X-Men: Evolution ended because it reached its 52 episode limit (which was all it was contracted for). As you said, DC still has their superhero shows (JLU, TT, and even The F'ing Batman).

So where are the original action cartoons? There's Danny Phantom, Avatar, Codename: Kids Next Door, Juniper Lee, a possible upcoming Fantastic Four series, the upcoming Immortal Grand Prix (which will be made by both Cartoon Network and an anime company), and Duck Dodgers. Yes, I'm aware many of those are action-comedies, but they're still action shows on some level.

American TV networks may be picking up more action shows from Japan, but we still dominate animated comedies.

sorry to burst yuor bubble but those are not action cartoons, they are regular plain ordinary cartoons. the only action one you stated was, the new fantastic four series thats coming up.

I remember liking an obscure show called Pheonix about human looking alien on Earth who had solar powered telekinesis, he was looking for his wife or something. After I saw one or two eppisodes it disapeared.

Brisco County Jr was good, better than Legand which had a similar plot.

I wish Millenium had lasted longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"