Shows you're glad you didn't drop

hammerhedd11

OHaiMark
Reaction score
Have there ever been any shows you thought about dropping either because you were bored by it or it wasn't that good but ended up continuing it and being very pleased with your decision?

For me:
Community- I thought the pilot was really bland but in just the next couple of shows they really found their footing and it's now a brilliant show.

Fringe- Same here. I felt the pilot was pretty boring and didn't have much life to it. Thankfully the characters have really developed and the story is turning into a great scifi nerd dream.

Flashforward-While I didn't HATE the first 10 episodes of the series I felt they were kinda bland and a chore to get through even though I loved the concept. I didn't really have any interest in the characters either. But after the hiatus they really stepped up their game. The characters are much more interesting than before and the overall story in my mind is as intriguing as Lost. Hopefully they wrap up the story by the end of this season though :csad:.

Flight of the Conchords- I thought the first episode was really dumb and the humor didn't jibe with me. Thankfully I watched more because now I think it's brilliant. I don't know what I was thinking because I've watched the first episode multiple times now and I love it so maybe I just had an off day.:woot:

None really. I've never even been close to dropping a show and decided not to. If I like it, I keep watching. If it's wearing thin, I stop.

I was close to dropping "Smallville" when it started to get ridiculous in the 7th season, but it won me back and I love it more now than I did a few years ago.

Smalvile
Vampir dairs
the bigbang theory
American got tantl
American best dancecrew
nsic
nsic loseangles
bones
CSIMIMIA

I've been wondering the same thing for a while now...

I dropped CSIMIMIA a long time ago.

Community is one that I did drop. Gave the first ep half a chance and turned it off half way through. Caught the Halloween episode later, and had to catch up on every episode I missed. I was so wrong about that show.

24 - after season 6 I didnt think I would watch another season , I was really disapointed in it.

Battlestar Galactica - I thought the 4 hour miniseries was really long and kinda boring. Thankfully, I had bought the entire first season set and then checked out the very first "actual" episode: 33. It kicked arse in every concievable way and really turned me on the show.

My one major complaint of The Wire is how long it takes to get into it. But if you stick with it, it's well worth it in the end.

Battlestar Galactica - I thought the 4 hour miniseries was really long and kinda boring. Thankfully, I had bought the entire first season set and then checked out the very first "actual" episode: 33. It kicked arse in every concievable way and really turned me on the show.
I didn't like the miniseries OR the first few episodes. I mean, I liked lots of the characters but found most of the plot boring. I kept thinking "when is it going to get good?". I've now made it almost to the end of S1 and whilst it's not a favourite yet, I'm still watching and I have been reassured it will hit it's stride eventually.

However, I kicked both Fringe and FlashForward after one eisode and have never looked back. Nothing there to keep me watching, I'd rather give something else a chance.

Last edited:
I almost wrote off Spartacus after the first 2 episodes.

Reaper - I almost gave up on the series after the first 4-5 episodes because it started to feel repetitive but I gave it another chance and it really managed to hook me.

Smallville - Boy was I fed up with this series around season 6-7 and I kept asking myself why I was still watching. Seasons 8 & 9 have however been great and made me glad I stuck with it.

24 - after season 6 I didnt think I would watch another season , I was really disapointed in it.

This. Almost gave up on 24 after season 6, tuned in for season 7 expecting to be disappointed and ended up loving it. Then I almost decided to give up halfway through this season but decided to stick around since the show was ending. Best decision I ever made because the second half of this season has been amazing.

I know its sacrilege but Firefly, i only got to watch it on DVD I now own it on Blu-ray.

The only time I felt this way was with Heroes, and I DID drop it.

superhero, do you even try to spell?

vampir dairs?

CSIMIMIA?

:doh:

I think his excuse is that his first language isn't English... and he must have a REALLY crappy translator program.

Kinda off topic, but I've been wondering...is it essential to watch the BSG 2003 miniseries before the actual series?

There was one point and one point only when I seriously considered dropping Lost. When they tried to make you think that Jacob was invisible and only Ben could see him. I nearly shut it off and quit right there.

Thankfully, I didn't.

Kinda off topic, but I've been wondering...is it essential to watch the BSG 2003 miniseries before the actual series?

Personally, I'd have to say no. It certainly sets up the situation and the characters and such, but unless your a complete idiot who watches very little TV, it shoudnt be too hard to pick up whats going on.

Cougar Town, the first couple of episodes were just awful, but I carried on watching it because I like the cast. Thankfully it has now evolved into something really enjoyable and funny.

I would say yes.

Personally, I'd have to say no. It certainly sets up the situation and the characters and such, but unless your a complete idiot who watches very little TV, it shoudnt be too hard to pick up whats going on.

Other than the previously on Battlestar Galactica snippets i would say it is imperative to watch the mini, you learn about Leoben, Boomer and if im not mistaken Zak's tragic failure. The show is incomplete with out that first 3 hours, you alos leanr why Helo is on the surface and how Baltar ended up on BSG. SO yeah you kinda HAVE to watch it. Plus you know the whole ATTACK. I hope i dont sound snarky but I find the Mini one of if not the most important aspect of the show.

LOST Fringe The Big Bang Theory in season 2 but it has got so much worse recently in the last half a dozen episodes but gained in popularity *confused*

Spartacus Blood and Sand. Started off a little slow, but i'm glad i didn't drop it because it got really good

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"