Siege

So essentially the reason you didn't read is because you're shallow and you suck. :argh: :o

Damn thats mean Anubis! :woot: lol Nah i gave it a shot, I just wasn't interested. But i think having Ironman, Hulk and the real Scarlet Witch would have juiced up the book alot. That and it needed a better artist.

I liked Slott's Mighty, but he was totally handicapped from the get go. He did good things with Pym. Weird things, but at least he showed what a hero he could be. Herc and Cho were great, and I didn't even read iHerc but I was into them as Avengers.

But Stature, fake Vision, and US Agent?! Are you kidding me? Who gives a **** about them?

I just wish Marvel woulda went to bat for him, instead of benching him for Bendis. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Bendis' stuff, but give someone else a chance, dude. Bendis has had his wet dream Avengers starring Luke Cage and Spider Woman for how long now? C'mon, dude. Take a break.

Hopefully, he'll treat Avengers like he did Mighty, and bail after a few arcs so SOMEONE else, anyone competant, can play with the Avengers too.
I was interested in Vision Jr. for a while, but I'm very much ready for the original Vision to come back at this point. Chalk Vision Jr.'s stagnant characterization up as another casualty of Heinberg's lack of interest in actually finishing his job with Marvel.

As for the real Vision, they could at least drop a hint about Hank trying to rebuild him. Then, when they're ready to finally bring the Scarlet Witch back for good, she can still be slightly crazy but ultimately return to normal when the Vision shows up and they rekindle their love. :atp:

Shut up, sometimes I'm a romantic. :o

Aww, how sweet? :fhm:

I'd be down with that. I bet once Pym finished returning Jan, Vision would've been his next project.

Too bad we'll never see it.

I never read any Young Avengers so I just didn't care about any of them. I just feel bad for Slott, that's all. She Hulk was great. Spider-Man/Human Torch was supposedly really good (didn't read it), his Amazing Spider-Man stuff is good. He did a pretty good run on Mighty Avengers even though all the cards were stacked against him, and with that cast and the artists involved there's no way that book could be successful.....but no, Bendis gets EVERYTHING!!!! :doh::whatever:

I hope Secret Avengers outsells Bendis as well, but I don't see that happening. SA was superior story-wise, but Bendis has Spider-Man, Wolverine, Thor, and Iron Man. He has the sales-powerhouse line up.

No doubt. Like I said earlier, I just hope Bendis bails after 3 or 4 arcs and we could get some fresh blood behind the Avengers wheel.

Bendis isn't going anywhere any time soon. Avengers is making bendis rich, there's no way he's giving it up.

After reading Secret Avengers, Avengers just seemed bad.

Marvel pays their writers, what, $1,000 per issue? Bendis is writing 2 Avengers comics and Ultimate Spider-Man, so he's gotta be pulling in just enough money to make ends meet in New York City.

He's also part of the movie oversight board or whatever that group consisting of basically him and Joe Q that every Marvel Studios director now talks to is called.

And with both Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon coming up and the next Spider-Man movie serie being Ultimate Spidey inspired, i'm sure Bendis might get something off that.

Really sucks that they canceled Spectacular Spider-Man and are replacing it with Ultimate. I didn't like everything about SSM, but it was a decent cartoon. The less they spread Ultimate jackassery around to mainstream audiences, the better. :o

Marvel pays their writers, what, $1,000 per issue? Bendis is writing 2 Avengers comics and Ultimate Spider-Man, so he's gotta be pulling in just enough money to make ends meet in New York City.
thats it? Thats nothing. That means the average writer that has one ongoing makes about ~ $12,000, not including tax a year

thats it? Thats nothing. That means the average writer that has one ongoing makes about ~ $12,000, not including tax a year

When you think about it, that explains why...
-Mark Millar and Frank Miller are diving headfirst into movies
-Allan Heinberg and Brian K. Vaughan write comics inbetween their TV writing gigs
-Brian Michael Bendis and Geoff Johns insist on writing as many Marvel and DC titles as possible
-Neil Gaiman writes novels, comics, TV shows, and movies based off of a single story (ie. Neverwhere has been 3 of those things).

Paul Dini is working on more tv gigs now, and Brave & Bold has bunch of guest writers from Dini to Gail Simone.

$1000 per issue? That's average $3000 a month, and only for the ones who even get to write that much! That really is nothing. I made more than that when I was a glorified secretary at a shipping company. That the real numbers?

The way Manic phrased it, I'm guessing it's only the "real" number that Manic pulled out of his ass. :awesome:

Bendis is a superstar writer at Marvel, he may not be rich but i'm willing to bet he makes around $60,000 year, more or less. His books are top sellers so that has to be a factor in his salary. I'm willing to bet Geoff Johns gets roughly the same, actually maybe even more since he became executive. Comics dont pay that much but i think if your a hot seller, your net worth goes up.

High end comic writers pull in like 500 a page plus royalties . Low end guys are lucky to pull in 20K a year.

$1,000 was a rough estimate. I remember some time ago, someone mentioned making less than $2,000 for every script they turned in to Marvel. It wouldn't surprise me if dudes like Bendis made a lot more per script, but I always think back on that as an example of most comic writers earning around minimum wage if they only write one book. I mean, there's gotta be a good reason why Gail Simone continued doing hair back when she was just writing Deadpool.

$1,000 was a rough estimate. I remember some time ago, someone mentioned making less than $2,000 for every script they turned in to Marvel. It wouldn't surprise me if dudes like Bendis made a lot more per script, but I always think back on that as an example of most comic writers earning around minimum wage if they only write one book. I mean, there's gotta be a good reason why Gail Simone continued doing hair back when she was just writing Deadpool.

2000$ a script? That's 2000 a month. For writing ~20 pages of script/dialog. Considering how short or easy a lot of the stories are to write (bad thing A happens, good guys stumped, bad guy A comes out and goes gwafufufu im evil! good guy finds way to fix problem and subdue badguy), you'd think that 2,000$ a book would be a ****load.

It's not like these guys are working 40 hours a week for an entire month just to finish the script for one issue. ****, I should start mailing all sorts of crazy ****ed up plots and scripts into Marvel/DC and hope they go "damn this just has something here" and get the paychecks a coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"