Sin City about to start filming!

SeverianB

Lord of the Thighs
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!

http://www.dose.ca/movies/story.html?id=4c3c6f2d-db83-4d81-80bf-e68edb24a0a3

Fans of Frank Miller’s Sin City can rejoice — or scoff, depending on how they felt about the cinematic adaptation of the gritty graphic novels — as the artist/director has confirmed that a sequel to the film is ready to begin shooting.
Miller told SCI FI Wire that Sin City 2 is ready to go and shooting on the hard-boiled crime film is expected to begin by late spring in Texas. Sin City co-director Robert Rodriguez is once again expected to share directing chores with Miller.
“The script is largely done, and now we're in that limbo zone where we're casting and making script adjustments as we go,” Miller told SCI FI Wire.
He added that the sequel will be based on A Dame to Kill for, the second Sin City tale and a prequel to The Hard Goodbye, which was the basis of one of the first film's storyline.
The sequel will also deal with “a couple of old stories and one brand-new one,” Miller said.
“The old ones are a couple of 'Blue Eyes' stories, and there's an 'Old Town Girls' story, and the new one features Nancy Callahan [played by Jessica Alba] in a very different, very scary role,” he explained. “I'm hoping we'll start in late spring. It gets pretty hot in Austin, so there might be a summer's interruption there, but both Robert and I really want to be shooting this thing as soon as possible.”
Miller is currently promoting the upcoming historical adventure 300, which he executive-produced and was also adapted from one of his graphic novels.

Yeah, I am way looking forward to this, do we have a release date yet? Are we thinking early summer 08? like June

You know, I'm betting this is all prep so that they can have something to show Comic-Con, which is all very good news. And I'm sure a release date will come then, but I'm guessing March to April of 08.

miller_sincity_tn.jpg

Miller: Sin 2 Is Ready To Go

Frank Miller, who wrote and co-directed Sin City based on his popular graphic novels, told SCI FI Wire that Sin City 2 is a go and that he hopes to be in Texas to shoot the film by late spring. Miller and Robert Rodriguez will again share directing duties on the sequel.

"The script is largely done, and now we're in that limbo zone where we're casting and making script adjustments as we go," Miller said in an interview while promoting 300, which he executive-produced and which is also based on one of his graphic novels.

Miller added that the sequel will be based on A Dame to Kill for, the second Sin City tale and a prequel to The Hard Goodbye, which was the basis of one of the first film's storylines. The sequel will also deal with "a couple of old stories and one brand-new one," Miller said. "The old ones are a couple of 'Blue Eyes' stories, and there's an 'Old Town Girls' story, and the new one features Nancy Callahan [played by Jessica Alba] in a very different, very scary role. I'm hoping we'll start in late spring. It gets pretty hot in Austin, so there might be a summer's interruption there, but both Robert and I really want to be shooting this thing as soon as possible." —Ian Spelling
spacer.gif

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=40259

I cant wait for Sin City 2, hopefully it will be as good as, if not surpass the first one

i really want to find out what they're going to do to Nancy. is who she becomes going to spin out of Hartigan saving her? or does who she become come out of the abuse that Junior and Sin City in general has inflicted upon her?

oh, and by the way, i agree. Burton's Wonka was WAY better than that old crappy one.

I like his Wonka too, but my sig is meant that Burton Did Better with the Batman films.

All I have to say is about FREAKING time, thankfully they're short shoots as well, so it should be wrapped within a couple of months, as long as they don't have any hiccups (angelina I'm looking at you!)

I'm worried about the nancy story, I just don't think JA is a good enough actress to pull it off

I'm most interested in the new Nancy story.

Yeah, me too. It's new, so it will be a suprise.

ScottishFogg said:
i really want to find out what they're going to do to Nancy. is who she becomes going to spin out of Hartigan saving her? or does who she become come out of the abuse that Junior and Sin City in general has inflicted upon her?

She's seems to be mentally very tough. Her only weakness is her love for Hartigan. Paradoxically, that is also the thing that gives her strength and faith to remain pure and good and unbowed by the evil of Sin City.
Therefore, I'm betting the death of Hartigan totally destroys her and turns her into something really, really bad.
Frank Miller has used the terms "tragic" and now "scary" to describe Nancy in the new story. It gives me goosebumps! :wow:

I'm worried about the nancy story, I just don't think JA is a good enough actress to pull it off

I'm not, and I'll tell you why:
There is a good chance this new Nancy will be a hardend badass who kicks butt. Sounds just like the Dark Angel character she played on TV, and did a fantastic job at, IMHO. Watch the 1st season Episode called "The Rising", it's very powerful and emotional and Jessica pulls it off.
Also, Frank Miller has said he wants to play off the "Dark side of Jessica" in this next movie. It's pretty obvious to me that he was quite taken with Jessica and she is basically his "muse" for this new Nancy story. He is tailoring it to her strengths.

For those reasons, I think she will do a good job.
I'm personally sick of all the sweet airheads she's played lately. I loved her snarky bad-ass in Dark Angel, so I'm looking forward to this. :word:

your right in alot of cases, but she has already carved out a rough outline of a character from the first film, so she does have to uphold that personality to a degree, and will have to enhance this character with a sense of brutal revenge. Can JA pull that off is a whole different story. I hope for the story she does, but her performance as Sue Storm leaves me numb

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"