Sequels Singer Directing The Sequel, Yes Or No?

logansoldcigar said:
I need to ask this: what makes online geeks and dorks like us "the elite"? thats an awful snobbish attitude.
why's it snobbish? i'm just being modest...the people who visit RT.com and SHH.com normally know more about films and comics than people who don't visit these sites do. is that not true? not saying we're better than anyone or anyone's better than us....just making an observation.

I liked his first effort and an encore effort to helm the sequel is guaranteed in my opinion. He did an excellent job.

Yes he should,now that he has done his first Superman movie it can only get better just like X1 to X2.

Singer has a vision for Superman. Superman Returns was amazing and Superman Returns (part II) will be doublely so. A sequel is assured. Think about all the money WB will make off of licensing deals alone.

And whether you like it or not, to any superman fan over the age of 25, the Donner films are going to have an influence. What Singer did was take what he thought was so powerful about about those films - the music, Brando, Reeve and build off of it. Just think if he didn't use Williams score you'd have a huge crowd of new haters comparing and complaining about the new one anyway. Can't please everyone. There is nothing that truly means this has to be taken as a direct sequel, its just implied.

Superman Returns Again will be great if WB lets singer do his thing.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Why did they move my thread on same subject?
Probably the same reason I moved this one...talk about sequels in the sequel forum.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I dunno.....she's a little old to be Diana, isn't she?

Maybe in your opinion.

J.Howlett said:
Jennifer Connelly would've been perfect for Wonder Woman 8 years ago. Perfect. And she's still hot at 36....I don't care what's being said. She's still one of the hot ones.

I dont think she's 36. More like 34, or maybe 35. IMO, she would be a great contemporary to Batman's Christian Bale. As she has played girlfriends to men Bale's age all the time. She's also an exceptional actress, and a gorgeous one at that. If she was to be cast, I wouldnt have any worries whatsoever about the performance of the new Wonder Woman.

Well, I really liked this new Superman. The story is severely flawed, but makes up with the visuals and cinematography. I guess in a way, I do like Bryan Singer's style of directing, and I am all for giving him a second shot, if there is one.

I also am dissappointed in the box office. I've seen this film three times, mostly with the same friends, and some new ones each time. In my observances, some loved it just like me and saw it several times. Some liked it, but they plan on waiting for the dvd. Some didn't like it, thought it was boring, don't plan on watching it anytime soon. And then there are some of my friends who refuse to see it because it's not Christopher Reeves playing Superman, and to some, he was the epitome of what Superman should be. Could be another reason for the dismal box office.

Yes, I dont want another director to ruin everything what Singer made.

Will Singer direct the sequel? Will there even BE a sequel to SUPERMAN RETURNS? We'll all likely have our answer as soon as this upcoming Monday. It's a given that's PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN 2 will open huge, but if DEVIL WEARS PRADA, a niche chick flick, comes out ahead of SR, then 'game over' everybody. No return of Singer and no return of SUPERMAN RETURNS. Sorry, but those are the cold hard facts. Another thing POTC 2 is coming out AHEAD of SR overseas. I don't know which brilliant WB executive is responsible for that brilliant move, but expect his job to open in the near future.

I voted yes, because I thought this movie was amazing. I wouldnt mind if he cut this semi-chick flick crap, though.

LOUD_SILENT_MAN said:
I voted yes, because I thought this movie was amazing.

Saw this topic here, and i agree with Loud Silent Man!

I also voted YES!

Nice movie! Next wednesday i go back to watch it!

Steve

If there is a sequel, which I'm sure there will be.... they will not can Singer.

Three reasons:

1. Singer probably already set up what is to come and left clues in the first film
2. Last time this happened: The second film, most probably agree, didn't turn out as well
3. Last time this happened: Hackman quit and would not absolutely refused to do anything else for STMII..... due to the Singer & Spacey friendship, Spacey would more than likely pull a 'Hackman' if this ever happened.

Hell F&$king yes.....He's the best comic book director out their that could do almost any comic book movie....but not by much,When Raimi Does something other than Spider-man he get the best vote..as of right now I trust singer to do Justice to The superman sequel and I want somthing Ground breaking and new with a ton of action,An all out brawl with supes and somebody, and great story..the City of Metropolis should get leveled at least one time in the sequels...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"