skeptical, worry, paranoid and the other stuffs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sf2

Superhero
Reaction score
it's weird... i start this negative thread while i'm on the positive side.
it's weird... BvS has all my worries comes true (batman got more "wow" factors and spotlights, he defeated superman. doomsday appeared and superman got killed in the end), yet i still love BvS and found new love on MoS because of BvS.

yet i still feel skeptical and paranoid on JL...
1. so many characters... how to balance them? and most of all, batgod will lead and take at least 1/3 of the screentime. 2/3 is left for the others. and there are 3 new main characters, background stories required. is it enough??? can audience digest them?

2. and more wow factors need to be given to 3 new main characters as to sell their solo movie later (just like wonderwoman in BvS) we can't have wows all the way from beginning till the end...

3. superman returns / rebirths... worry it will not done in an awesome way... another missed opportunity like SR.

4. superman rebirth isn't the main storyline... as we have these mother boxes to grab... what are these??? too gimmicks like those gems in avengers...

5. clark is dead! how to revive him!!!??? we will get 24 hours superman???

6. will we see a glimpse of lois lane's life without her soulmate? will she be abandoned as there isn't left any time for her story.

There's already a thread for this

It's called "Justice League: News and Speculation"

What makes me more relaxed is that Variety article stating JL will be more "kinetic", "crowd pleasing", and straight forward.

Goes back to BVS the Africa subplot (IMO even with UC) seemed unnecessary. Along with the white Portuguese and bullet stuff that accompanied it.

Also the Knightmare sequence (I did actually enjoy) was pretty random.

Meanwhile for JL we got to introduce 3 new characters. We already know Batman and Wonder Woman, and Supes probably won't show up for at least the first act of the movie.

Also Steppenwolf and parademons aren't complex or deep characters that'll require much focus. Parademons will be the faceless army to cut through, and Steppenwolf is the end boss fight. I think it'll work as long as the ancient history mother box stuff doesn't get overly complicated.

Lastly there is a Skepticism thread

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=517557&page=5

Last edited:
Snyder never let me down, and WB have learnt their lesson. All systems go.

1. Unnecessary subplots, cameos, references to comics;
- I don't want to fill a movie that already has to cover a lot to bring in unnecessary subplots like the Africa/bullet subplot. Not saying it didn't make sense, I'm just saying I'd have much rathered a Batman vs Superman movie than a Lex Luthor vs Superman with Batman's help movie.
- Now we know how many of the League's side characters are gonna be introduced in JL, I don't want it to feel forced. I don't want Mera to just pop out of the water say hey, then leave.
- Not everything that works in the comics works in the films. If something doesn't make sense for the story don't put it in just because it's a reference to that comic.

Too much of a tone change.
- With all the talk from the actors/director/producers etc. I really hope the only thing they changed from BvS was the tone because FOR ME(!) that wasn't the problem. I like the different, more serious tone.

Cheesy dialogue/one liners/puns.
- We've already seen a few in the comic con footage and I really hope that's it. Why can't we have characters that talk like people who aren't from 1952? Enough with the cheese, it's not endearing, it's not funny, it's cringy.
The score.
- Zimmer created what I think is the greatest Superhero score to date with MoS and with him gone and just having Junkie I'm a little worried some of the heart will be gone from the score.
Over stylized 3rd act fight.
- Snyder loves his fire and rubble. I don't.

Cheesy dialogue/one liners/puns.
- We've already seen a few in the comic con footage and I really hope that's it. Why can't we have characters that talk like people who aren't from 1952? Enough with the cheese, it's not endearing, it's not funny, it's cringy.

Have you seen Supergirl? You will love it.

On a more serious note, I too hope the change in tone is not drastic. Although it maybe that all this is damage control talk and them trying to get the media back on their side, trying to appease them by saying "hey we are listening to you guys, you guys are so important" etc etc. If thats so, thats a smart move. Other studios try to keep the media happy, so should WB. Keep them in posh hotels, fly them out for special trips, give them special bts knowledge, and you will have them by the balls. They already did that with the JL set visit, and it made them very happy. Look at how much media people complained in their reviews about the BvS embargo, and that they werent given special screenings, and that they had to watch out for spoilers. So unproffesional. But thats the name of the game now, so WB will have to play by their rules.

I hope the tone is kinda similar to JL animated show. Humor should only be there where necessary and from the appropriate characters. Obviously they are harping on about the tone, because they are not gonna throw the members of the crew and the creative team under the bus.

On a more serious note, I too hope the change in tone is not drastic. Although it maybe that all this is damage control talk and them trying to get the media back on their side, trying to appease them by saying "hey we are listening to you guys, you guys are so important" etc etc. If thats so, thats a smart move. Other studios try to keep the media happy, so should WB. Keep them in posh hotels, fly them out for special trips, give them special bts knowledge, and you will have them by the balls. They already did that with the JL set visit, and it made them very happy. Look at how much media people complained in their reviews about the BvS embargo, and that they werent given special screenings, and that they had to watch out for spoilers. So unproffesional. But thats the name of the game now, so WB will have to play by their rules.

I hope the tone is kinda similar to JL animated show. Humor should only be there where necessary and from the appropriate characters. Obviously they are harping on about the tone, because they are not gonna throw the members of the crew and the creative team under the bus.

i hate, hate and hate it a lot. isn't it some sorta bribery???
and i don't think it will work. and they will complain further, louder and worse.
(glaring example is the comment of massive destruction comments in MOS resulting a short coming final battle with repetitive emphasize of no casualty around... just bad)

if any, they should only listen to the constructive comments from the fans (of BvS).

i hate, hate and hate it a lot. isn't it some sorta bribery???
and i don't think it will work. and they will complain further, louder and worse.
(glaring example is the comment of massive destruction comments in MOS resulting a short coming final battle with repetitive emphasize of no casualty around... just bad)

if any, they should only listen to the constructive comments from the fans (of BvS).

I think it's sort of "I scratch your back you scratch mine kind of situation." All the studios do it. It's just the smart thing to do.I don't like it either.But it's just the way it is.

I have lots of confidence in this film. I feel this will be Zack's magnum opus.

The ONLY thing that gives me pause...is how Zack is going to tie the Knightmare sequence, arguably the most polarizing aspect of BvS into this movie. Obviously Zack was setting...something up for JL by inserting that into BvS but I know the LAST thing people wanna see is evil Superman. People are ready to see him become the classic model, myself included, so part of me feels like they should just dump that story altogether. But the other side of me feels that if they do discard it, then what was the point of it all? I'm partly curious to know what Superman was talking about when he told Batman "she was my world and you took her from me."

- Zimmer created what I think is the greatest Superhero score to date with MoS and with him gone and just having Junkie I'm a little worried some of the heart will be gone from the score.

You know, I don't remember a single thing that JXL has done score-wise, apart from his collabs with Zimmer. I'm not the biggest fan of Zimmer, but Superman and Lex's themes were both fantastic. I hope the JL score isn't as dull and forgettable as Mad Max and Deadpool's scores were.

I hope they bring in Alexandre Desplat for a future movie, maybe the Batman solo movie. His Godzilla theme had enough bombast and was pretty memorable. Though my dream choice would be Luc Lemay, though that'd never happen.

Oh yeah it's such a fantastic show :o

I hope it's just a marketing pull and that the movie is still in keeping with the tone of MoS/BvS.

Yeah it's not humor that is my problem, it's that damn cheesy, wink at the camera **** that pisses me off. The kind of stuff no one would really say.
Which is annoying because it seems, from Jesse's continuous talk of Terrio, like that's what Terrio loves, that cheeky word play.

I have no real issues with humor. I just hope the story in itself is inclusive, fun, cohesive and something audiences can really cheer behind. We haven't a DCEU film yet (apart from maybe SS) that's ended on a cheer worthy note.

I have no real issues with humor. I just hope the story in itself is inclusive, fun, cohesive and something audiences can really cheer behind. We haven't a DCEU film yet (apart from maybe SS) that's ended on a cheer worthy note.

Foreal? Man of Steel didn't end of a cheer worthy note? "welcome to the planet" "glad to be here Lois" *smiles* *epic hans zimmer theme plays*

Agreed. When SS ended, I was kind of meh, when MOS ended, I was like "WOAH that was awesome.Thats Superman right there" and when BvS ended I literally had chills when the dirt rose and that theme started playing.

When SS ended I wondered where the hell the movie I was promised went.

Well, my main worry - WB hacks and slashes the original intent. While the subject is far less controversial than either SS or BvS, I don't trust WB's judgement.

What makes me more relaxed is that Variety article stating JL will be more "kinetic", "crowd pleasing", and straight forward.

Goes back to BVS the Africa subplot (IMO even with UC) seemed unnecessary. Along with the white Portuguese and bullet stuff that accompanied it.

Also the Knightmare sequence (I did actually enjoy) was pretty random.

Meanwhile for JL we got to introduce 3 new characters. We already know Batman and Wonder Woman, and Supes probably won't show up for at least the first act of the movie.

Also Steppenwolf and parademons aren't complex or deep characters that'll require much focus. Parademons will be the faceless army to cut through, and Steppenwolf is the end boss fight. I think it'll work as long as the ancient history mother box stuff doesn't get overly complicated.

Lastly there is a Skepticism thread

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=517557&page=5

You make a very good point. But the concept of motherboxes, Kirby's 4th world and Apokolips have to be introduced. It's hard to cram all that in with 3 new characters. As fans generally familiar with the material, we can fill in the gaps but the GA may not.

Foreal? Man of Steel didn't end of a cheer worthy note? "welcome to the planet" "glad to be here Lois" *smiles* *epic hans zimmer theme plays*

Yeah it did! But the scene preceding that was a terror attack that claimed thousands of lives. So I was kind of confused as to whether I was supposed to cheer or not :o

But I watch that scene separately quite a lot on YT and I always get pumped then!

The ONLY thing that gives me pause...is how Zack is going to tie the Knightmare sequence, arguably the most polarizing aspect of BvS into this movie. Obviously Zack was setting...something up for JL by inserting that into BvS but I know the LAST thing people wanna see is evil Superman. People are ready to see him become the classic model, myself included, so part of me feels like they should just dump that story altogether. But the other side of me feels that if they do discard it, then what was the point of it all? I'm partly curious to know what Superman was talking about when he told Batman "she was my world and you took her from me."

cool.

hopefully, we can have media to ask them the question during the interview... " the knightmore sequence - have they planned to do sequel with a story of an evil superman ruling the world?"

LoL my thoughts exactly. Future Flash: "You were right to fear him"....Me: WTF
I'm worried they will do this only because I desperately didn't want them to do Doomsday yet they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"