BvS The AMAZO Thread

ThePhantasm

2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
Reaction score
Since we have a Doomsday speculation thread, I thought I'd make a thread for another potential villain: AMAZO. I'm beginning to think AMAZO could very well be the superpowered villain of the film.

Amazo.jpg

Casting: Jason Mamoa and The Rock have both been rumored to be up for a role in BvS. Both are lightly bronze skinned, hulking figures, much like how Amazo is often depicted.

MV5BMTI5MTU5NjM1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc4MDk0Mw@@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg
MV5BNzcwMTg5NTIzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzY1ODkzMg@@._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

Amazo-500x250.jpg

Plot: Amazo is a super advanced artificial intelligence that can alter the "DNA" of its "body" to replicate the powers of any superhero it encounters. This makes it a formidable threat for Superman. My theory is that Lex will be responsible for Amazo's creation. But how would Lex come up with such revolutionary tech?

kryptotech.png

Lex has acquired some of the Kryptonian liquid metal tech, the stuff Jor El used for his 3D history presentation and that the World Engine used for its self-defense tentacles. Perhaps Lex first experiments integrating this tech with John Corben (Metallo), but he refines it with AMAZO. AMAZO's version of the tech is so complex that it can mimic Superman's powers as Kryptonian DNA is "uploaded" to its system. Where will Lex find Kryptonian DNA? General Zod's body, of course.

MOS_ZodsDeath.jpg

Two different "factions," if you will, know that Luthor is up to no good. The first is Bruce Wayne, who forms a loose business partnership with LexCorp to look at their business more closely. The other is the CIA, with which Steve Trevor and Diana Prince are involved. Diana is in Metropolis to learn more about Luthor for the CIA, but also (unknown to the CIA) to learn more about Superman for Queen Hippolyta. (Bruce is also keeping tabs on Supes).

Eventually, AMAZO will go rogue, and Superman and Batman will know Lex was involved but be unable to tie him to it, leaving Lex free to run for president.

500px-Amazo.png

Story Advantages: AMAZO serves as an anti-Superman just as Luthor serves as an anti-Batman in the story. Luthor can use AMAZO to fake another Kryptonian attack on the planet. Superman's presence will be blamed for drawing this destruction, leading to Superman being viewed as a threat. Superman will see Bruce / Batman as an enemy due to his partnership with Luthor, while Bruce sees Superman as a threat due to his unwillingness to leave earth. In reality, as they shall discover, AMAZO is a homegrown threat.

Thoughts? Could AMAZO work in a different way? Or would he be wrong for this movie? I think he's the best villain to go with. He wouldn't require an elaborate arc, so he'd be the perfect supervillain for an already crowded film.

Save Amazo for a Justice League movie. I like your idea about the Trinity coming together through separate but similar investigations. With only Superman and Wonder Woman possessing powers, I think I would want to wait to use Amazo. He'd be amazo-ing for a Justice League movie. He'd be amazo for a Justice League movie. He'd be amazing O for a Justice League movie. He'd be Amaze O for a Justice League movie. Ok I'm gonna stop.

Advantages over other villains:

Doomsday - too much going on in this movie to do the Death of Superman arc justice, plus it is way too early to do that arc, yet people will be disappointed if Doomsday appears and doesn't kill Supes.

Batman rogues - not formidable enough to pose a threat to Superman.

Brainiac - too "big" a villain for this film, should be in a Supes solo film or in a JL film.

Metallo - formidable, but ultimately too small scale a villain on his own to follow Zod and the Kryptonians.

Save Amazo for a Justice League movie. I like your idea about the Trinity coming together through separate but similar investigations. With only Superman and Wonder Woman possessing powers, I think I would want to wait to use Amazo. He'd be amazo-ing for a Justice League movie. He'd be amazo for a Justice League movie. He'd be amazing O for a Justice League movie. He'd be Amaze O for a Justice League movie. Ok I'm gonna stop.

I don't think AMAZO is enough of a villain in his own right to carry a JL movie. He's powerful, yes, but he doesn't have the sort of presence to match someone like Brainiac or Darkseid.

But he'd be perfect for this movie. And he can always come back in a sequel if need be.

EDIT: Plus, there may still be other heroes cameoing in this film...

Amazo's definitely an out of the box choice, interesting...

Ideally he'd be better for a JL movie.

With all those advantages listed by ThePhantasm, you could very well apply those to Solomon Grundy who'd I'd say is more ideal.

I guess Amazo has the advantage of making Batman important though.

Isn't the current rumor that only Superman villains are going to show up?

He sounds like an interesting character. I have never heard of him. I am not sure if people who do not read comic-books would know the villain. I think they would probably go with a villain though that even those of us who have not read the comics would recognize.

I don't understand how Grundy would be more ideal for this movie than Amazo. But anyway, I really like the Amazo idea. That would be great.

Honestly, aside from Lex and General Zod, I really don't think most of the General audiences really know that much about the rest of Superman's villains...and this primarily due to the fact that filmmakers have not properly utilized them in past adaptations.

He sounds like an interesting character. I have never heard of him. I am not sure if people who do not read comic-books would know the villain. I think they would probably go with a villain though that even those of us who have not read the comics would recognize.

I don't think that matters because people will know the villain by watching the movie.

The thing is, Amazo probably won't have a lot of super powers due to the lack of metahumans. I don't want an android with just Superman's powers, so that takes away some of the fun of the character.

The thing is, Amazo probably won't have a lot of super powers due to the lack of metahumans. I don't want an android with just Superman's powers, so that takes away some of the fun of the character.

True, I mean even if the Flash were confirmed and had a active role, Superman can pretty much do essentially everything that Wonder Woman and Flash could do (strength, durability, super speed), so you wouldn't really get to see Amazo used at his best unless the likes of MM and Green Lantern were there.

I don't think that matters because people will know the villain by watching the movie.

They would but I think for those of us who have not read the comics I think it would be more interesting to see a villain we recognize like Doomsday or Brainiac or Darkseid. I would think it would also be more rewarding for comic book fans to see the more popular villains brought to life as well.

True, I mean even if the Flash were confirmed and had a active role, Superman can pretty much do essentially everything that Wonder Woman and Flash could do (strength, durability, super speed), so you wouldn't really get to see Amazo used at his best unless the likes of MM and Green Lantern were there.

Yeah, good points. :up:

They would but I think for those of us who have not read the comics I think it would be more interesting to see a villain we recognize like Doomsday or Brainiac or Darkseid. I would think it would also be more rewarding for comic book fans to see the more popular villains brought to life as well.

But the story has to be taken into consideration, and those characters might be too "big" for this movie. I also don't think Doomsday, Darkseid, or even Brainiac are known by a lot of people outside of those familiar with the mythos. They should take a similar approach to Marvel who doesn't mind using villains that aren't well-known. For example, how people got to know and now enjoy seeing Loki as a villain. Or even Ultron in 2015.

But the story has to be taken into consideration, and those characters might be too "big" for this movie. I also don't think Doomsday, Darkseid, or even Brainiac are known by a lot of people outside of those familiar with the mythos. They should take a similar approach to Marvel who doesn't mind using villains that aren't well-known. For example, how people got to know and now enjoy seeing Loki as a villain. Or even Ultron in 2015.

You are thinking that those bigger more well known villains should probably be saved for something like an Avenger's movie or for a sequel? Didn't the entire Justice League appear in the first Doomsday story when Superman dies? If that is already done in the comics, that would be a real easy to turn into a script for a Justice League movie.

You are thinking that those bigger more well known villains should probably be saved for something like an Avenger's movie or for a sequel? Didn't the entire Justice League appear in the first Doomsday story when Superman dies? If that is already done in the comics, that would be a real easy to turn into a script for a Justice League movie.

Yeah, if anything, I definitely expect Darkseid in JL. Brainiac would be cool to see too, but I'm not fond of Doomsday's character. However, if he had to be used, I wouldn't use him to "kill" Superman right away in this movie or JL. I think something like that needs a lot of buildup if it has to be done.

I don't know much about Amazo, but his name more or less makes me hope he never shows up in a movie. I mean really, they couldn't come up with something better than Amazo?

I don't know much about Amazo, but his name more or less makes me hope he never shows up in a movie. I mean really, they couldn't come up with something better than Amazo?

make it an acronym if it isnt one already A.M.A.Z.O

I guess Amazo would be awesome to see but we need to see T.O. Morrow

Last edited:
LOL, I remember T.O. Morrow. But I won't lie, I've always kinda wanted to see Red Tornado in a movie.

Amazo would be a great way to tease the existence of other metahumans tho...what better way for characters to cameo without signing any actors than to tease their power with Amazo and have bats, supes, and WW wondering where he got these powers if other heroes aren't active yet.

... because names like "Metallo" and "Darkseid" (i.e. "Dark Side") are so much better?

"Superman" was mentioned a grand total of once in the movie. He doesn't have to be explicitly called AMAZO. Or he could. I don't care either way, really.

Amazo would be a great way to tease the existence of other metahumans tho...what better way for characters to cameo without signing any actors than to tease their power with Amazo and have bats, supes, and WW wondering where he got these powers if other heroes aren't active yet.
I agree with Thepowecosmic Amazo is too soon to be shown in a JL movie with more metahumans and members of the league.

The only problem with Amazo as a JL villain BY HIMSELF is that he has NO character. He's simply a kick-ass android. He would have to be used with another villain, and most likely a big name. It's hard for moviegoers to get excited about a supposed game-changing blockbuster with a big bad who's not a big-name or that deep of a character. You could point to Avengers to try and dispute my claim, but the unfortunate truth is the avengers had established a fan base after multiple successful stories. Bottom-line, Amazo is too shallow of a villain to carry a JL film, especially one which has to battle with Avengers. However, using Amazo in conjuction with Lex (and made by Morrow, a Lexcorp scientist of course) in a MOS sequel would be a great way to introduce the real threat of earthly villains and also force our main heroes to use their intellect, yes intelligence in a comic movie I know, to defeat the villain and will also set the stage for teamwork which can blossom even more in a JL film. This would make it so that the whole "let's fight, and then become chums" cliche in every teamup film, and instead they can focus on character development and other things which could make JL standout even more from its competition.

The only problem with Amazo as a JL villain BY HIMSELF is that he has NO character. He's simply a kick-ass android. He would have to be used with another villain, and most likely a big name. It's hard for moviegoers to get excited about a supposed game-changing blockbuster with a big bad who's not a big-name or that deep of a character. You could point to Avengers to try and dispute my claim, but the unfortunate truth is the avengers had established a fan base after multiple successful stories. Bottom-line, Amazo is too shallow of a villain to carry a JL film, especially one which has to battle with Avengers. However, using Amazo in conjuction with Lex (and made by Morrow, a Lexcorp scientist of course) in a MOS sequel would be a great way to introduce the real threat of earthly villains and also force our main heroes to use their intellect, yes intelligence in a comic movie I know, to defeat the villain and will also set the stage for teamwork which can blossom even more in a JL film. This would make it so that the whole "let's fight, and then become chums" cliche in every teamup film, and instead they can focus on character development and other things which could make JL standout even more from its competition.

he should be part of the secret society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"