BvS The AMAZO Thread

he should be part of the secret society.

Now your talking. WHAT A WAY TO STAND OUT!!!!! Instead of having a one big bad (even though it could still work here) have league vs. league!!!! I would be pumped if they had the major rogues team up, behind Vandal Savage or someone (cough cough Mamoa...cough cough The Rock). That would also be a great reason to team up. Even though Spidey is getting similar treatment, I don't consider him the rival, so its not as bad if DC had something similar. Besides, this version would be way more incredible and terrifying!

good thread, wouldn't he be more interesting as villain with more leaguers though?

The only problem I have with that is he is too shallow of a villain to be the main JL villain.

The only problem I have with that is he is too shallow of a villain to be the main JL villain.

But this is Live Action we're talking here. They can simply change around some of his parts to make him more interesting.

The only problem with Amazo as a JL villain BY HIMSELF is that he has NO character. He's simply a kick-ass android. He would have to be used with another villain, and most likely a big name. It's hard for moviegoers to get excited about a supposed game-changing blockbuster with a big bad who's not a big-name or that deep of a character. You could point to Avengers to try and dispute my claim, but the unfortunate truth is the avengers had established a fan base after multiple successful stories. Bottom-line, Amazo is too shallow of a villain to carry a JL film, especially one which has to battle with Avengers. However, using Amazo in conjuction with Lex (and made by Morrow, a Lexcorp scientist of course) in a MOS sequel would be a great way to introduce the real threat of earthly villains and also force our main heroes to use their intellect, yes intelligence in a comic movie I know, to defeat the villain and will also set the stage for teamwork which can blossom even more in a JL film. This would make it so that the whole "let's fight, and then become chums" cliche in every teamup film, and instead they can focus on character development and other things which could make JL standout even more from its competition.

This is very arguable... but with Superman, Batman and Lex Luthor in the fold (not to mention the countless supporting parts), I'd say the film is already well-equipped in the character department. Amazo is no Venom. Metallo, Amazo, guys of that sort... if their sole use is as catalysts for cool action sequences, I don't know if that many people would be bothered, or if the movie itself would suffer. Especially if, like I already said, the main ones are well developed.

EDIT: Oh, but you were talking about a JL film.

But this is Live Action we're talking here. They can simply change around some of his parts to make him more interesting.

Very true. I do have a tiny issue with that though. As far as I know, he has never been an A-list villain. Sure, he's been a threat, but he has never been a captivating villain. He's, in reality, a toned-down Doomsday. Sure, his power is cool, but I think having him match up with a bigger threat would make the character more enjoyable and at least stick to the mythos a little better as he as always been presented as a puppet of sorts. Why change it for the sake of changing when there are other villains with more presence and interesting backgrounds/characters?

The only problem with Amazo as a JL villain BY HIMSELF is that he has NO character. He's simply a kick-ass android. He would have to be used with another villain, and most likely a big name. It's hard for moviegoers to get excited about a supposed game-changing blockbuster with a big bad who's not a big-name or that deep of a character. You could point to Avengers to try and dispute my claim, but the unfortunate truth is the avengers had established a fan base after multiple successful stories. Bottom-line, Amazo is too shallow of a villain to carry a JL film, especially one which has to battle with Avengers. However, using Amazo in conjuction with Lex (and made by Morrow, a Lexcorp scientist of course) in a MOS sequel would be a great way to introduce the real threat of earthly villains and also force our main heroes to use their intellect, yes intelligence in a comic movie I know, to defeat the villain and will also set the stage for teamwork which can blossom even more in a JL film. This would make it so that the whole "let's fight, and then become chums" cliche in every teamup film, and instead they can focus on character development and other things which could make JL standout even more from its competition.

Yes, this is exactly my thought as well.

AMAZO also doesn't have to get powers from heroes. Maybe Lex has captured metahumans to run experiments on them, and uses them for AMAZO's "training"? There are many options here.

Good point. Maybe he needs the actual DNA, so Lex has implanted some from metahumans he's doing testing on. Maybe this can be a way to introduce WW. This would give Amazo superior fighting skills rivaling bats and strength rivaling Supes. Or maybe it could help introduce another character like martian, who could have been experimented on since his arrival on earth, much like he was in the JL cartoon.

AMAZO also doesn't have to get powers from heroes. Maybe Lex has captured metahumans to run experiments on them, and uses them for AMAZO's "training"? There are many options here.

The fun thing about Amazo for me is spotting the powers he's using at a certain moment and identifying the hero those powers belong to. If he's just using random metahuman's powers, that aspect of enjoyment is gone. Also, it seems like metahumans haven't really been exposed in the DCCU yet for Lex to even capture.

The fun thing about Amazo for me is spotting the powers he's using at a certain moment and identifying the hero those powers belong to. If he's just using random metahuman's powers, that aspect of enjoyment is gone. Also, it seems like metahumans haven't really been exposed in the DCCU yet for Lex to even capture.

Perhaps every one has been afraid to come out? Maybe after Supes appears and their lives were threatens by aliens of all thing, they'll believe that the public will react to them with more understanding, and definitely more than Supes will immediately get considering he isn't even "human". Also, maybe we haven't seen them because the military has imprisoned them for experimentation(AKA Lex). I also don't think they would give him "random" powers. They are leading up to a JL movie and a JL Dark movie, possibly. I think if he were to appear, it would be a great tease for future characters they are thinking of adding/unveiling to the universe.

Amazo's one of those supervillains who is just REALLY cheesy and a hard to swallow concept in any remotely grounded universe.

Amazo's also much better served in a Justice League context. I wouldn't mind a nod to Amazo, or even an adaption of the character at some point, but not the same version as in the comics. It's just a bit too much.

Maybe instead of a super adaptoid robot/android thing he could, I dunno, be a boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"