Skepticism regarding Suicide Squad

I have a feeling that this movie will be pretty weird and quirky, and I hope it won't be too weird in a way that will alienate some of the GA.

I'm also curious to see how violent it will be, and how they will successfully deliver a violent film centered around murderers with a PG-13 rating.

Maybe if Deadpool is a hit, WB may be willing to let it go with an R rating?

Maybe if Deadpool is a hit, WB may be willing to let it go with an R rating?

Mad Max may be another indicator.

An R rating would earn them brownie points with the fans, that's for sure, but the question is whether it's worth it.

Yup, not saying it's impossible, just saying I'm alittle skeptical about him pulling it off convincingly.

We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose. :yay:

I have no problem admitting that means more to me than it does to other people. It's not so much purism as it is just a personal preference, especially given how long we've waited to see some of these characters.

Fair enough!

Sure, I just would have preferred it the other way considering these movies are set in a Universe, an ongoing, unfolding story that's not limited to 1 movie or a trilogy, but has plenty of time to tell all these stories. Again, just a personal preference, I would have started with a Batman in his 30's with alot of those storylines in front of him rather than flashbacks, dream sequences and the like. I would have liked to see those aspects played out with more detail than is capable with flashbacks.

I understand. I probably would've done it that way as well.

I have a feeling that this movie will be pretty weird and quirky, and I hope it won't be too weird in a way that will alienate some of the GA.

Yeah, same.

Are there any areas of the film you have, or perceive others to have regarding it at this point?

There is no skepticism, everythings fine and peachy, film of the year 2016.

Praise Ayer and praise DC. :o

The ugly Joker design is the only thing so far that I'm not liking.

This is in regards to the trailer, but I thought they made an awful song choice. "But the joke was on me" How clever. :eyeroll:

I like what we've seen of Harley but I'm skeptical of the rest.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Here's hoping Roven/Snyder don't mess with Ayer's vision.

Here's hoping Roven/Snyder don't mess with Ayer's vision.

How about hoping Ayer doesn't make a film that doesn't fit within the framework of Snyder/Roven's vision of the DCEU? :oldrazz:

They said they want every director to bring his own style and vision. No one will mess with their work.

Hmm... August. What's the last really big movie that's come out in the beginning of August?

AND be successful?

EDIT: GoTG! Okay. I answered my own question and feel much better. :)

Last edited:
only thing I'm not liking is Harley being in a so called Love triangle with Deadshot. Um NO

Harley doesn't love Deadshot she never did. Okay they had a one night stand yeah I don't agree with it but I dont wanna see it.

This is Harleys first movie and she should be with the Joker only. He's the main reason for her insanity. I have no idea about Margot's acting. I mean she looks good for a 30 year old woman so i can't hate there. Here's to the Squad and praying they get it right.

Harley doesn't love Deadshot she never did.

Maybe she does in this movie.

Joker never killed Batman's parents, but he did in Batman 89. Not every detail from the comics is always followed.

The cast really bonded off the set. However, there is a saying that the more fun it is on the set the less fun it is to watch the movie.

Lets hope thats not true for this. I believe even Charles Roven made that comment about bonding doesn't guarantee quality. But again hopefully its very good.

The cast really bonded off the set. However, there is a saying that the more fun it is on the set the less fun it is to watch the movie.

Lets hope thats not true for this. I believe even Charles Roven made that comment about bonding doesn't guarantee quality. But again hopefully its very good.

Fant4stic Four cast must be best mates, then. :o

There's only one thing that could keep this from being a great film.

Ayer's dialogue. It just seems a bit hit or miss. It's weird because I loved the dialogue in Fury and End of Watch.

I know he had to write the script in a short time, but I hope it didn't hurt the dialogue too much.

she's 30 dear i know im the same age. I still look good. I'm not gonna turn to dust till im 90.

How can a person be 23 in 2008 and 25 in 2015?

Margot is 25 years old. And, seriously... "Looks good for a thirty year old woman"?

My only complaint was Jokers look but as I think this Joker isn't the original, I'm a lot less bothered by it..

First trailer was fantastic,this one I also liked quite a bit. Much more interestd in this than BvS which has alot I don't like or Im skeptic about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"