The Dark Knight Rises Small Plot Hole in TDKR?

serb7

Civilian
Reaction score
Fox goes up to the engineers after the bomb goes off begging them to know if there was anything he could have done to fix the Bat.
Fox seems full of regret and very sad.

Everybody saw the Bat fly out and get destroyed by the nuke. So is everybody in Wayne Enterprises, including these employees in on the fact that Wayne is Batman?

Judging by my bad pirated DVD copy I believe there was more than one "Bat" vehicle because if you look closely the one the engineers are working on isn't painted black.

Fox goes up to the engineers after the bomb goes off begging them to know if there was anything he could have done to fix the Bat.

Everybody saw the Bat fly out and get destroyed by the nuke. So is everybody in Wayne Enterprises, including these employees in on the fact that Wayne is Batman?

Wayne could have given Batman his "prototype" vehicles or maybe Batman stole one of the in development models. :cwink:

The big thing is... It's the ending, they're just analyzing it there.

Had they actually seen the bat in action? Yeah, it's very well possible that sooner or later everyone figures that Batman = Bruce Wayne. We don't know, though because the movie ends just as this development begins.

Then again, with the NEW Batman (whom people might not be aware is a NEW Batman) that assumption might be abandoned.

The title "small" plot hole in TDKR made me laugh.

I think I was under the assumption that Batman fixed the autopilot himself, though we don't get to see much ingenuity going on in the trilogy.

I think I was under the assumption that Batman fixed the autopilot himself, though we don't get to see much ingenuity going on in the trilogy.

It was implied that he fixed the software bug, to enable the auto pilot function of the Bat.

In TDK, he did modify the original protype given by Fox of the transmitter-receiver in cell phones to generate pulse to map the surroundings and to spy on the City.

He also encrypted it with a null key encryption, showing that he could do some software programming.

I do understand that the one in Wayne Enterprises was just the prototype, Wayne must have fixed both autopilots to show Fox. The one thing I didn't get was why Bane's Army did not try to steal it when breaking in if it was still there :wow:

In this shot we can see to the right and left there was one underneath a cover and another slightly taken apart

u9WWd.jpg

Last edited:

It could've been one of the other Bat prototypes. We could see at least three inside that storage locker.

And for anyone who asked why Bane didn't use the other prototypes...only the one in the middle looked like it actually work. There was one on each side of the middle one that Batman ended up using that looked like they were in parts.

Yeah, it didn't feel like 2016 for me.

That alone was the biggest plothole I saw in any movie.

:funny:

I agree, where were Bruce Wayne's self-lacing Nikes?!

Everybody should have been wearing TWO neck ties, as well...

I agree plot hole. i've seen no explanations yet, to tell me otherwise.

I agree plot hole. i've seen no explanations yet, to tell me otherwise.

And yet there are many replies on this very thread that gives you your explanation but you wouldn't want to consider anything simply because you didn't like TDKR.

Judging by my bad pirated DVD copy I believe there was more than one "Bat" vehicle because if you look closely the one the engineers are working on isn't painted black.
It also wasn't in a million tiny radioactive pieces under water. :oldrazz:

The bigger question is why did Batman/Bruce Wayne say there was no autopilot to Catwoman when he was going to fly the Bomb out of the city? It really didn't make any sense as to why he would do that.

Maybe he was not 100 % sure that he would survive, and he did not want to give her any false hopes

OR

Maybe because he wanted everyone to believe that this was the the last time they would see Batman.

Yeah, it didn't feel like 2016 for me.

That alone was the biggest plothole I saw in any movie.

Begins - 2005.

TDK - 2006.

TDKR - 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"