The Dark Knight So, anyone still upset that...

This arguement, however, will never be over.:csad: So I think I just waisted some time posting here.

Joker not being perma white is the least of this movies problems

Damn. You think so?:huh: I'll admit, there were alot of things I didn't like, some that I hated, but the good story kinda kept me satisfied. What's your gripes? Maybe we're thinking the same thing.

Agreed.

Besides, in the first couple of issues, Joker wasn't revealed if he was permawhite, so these "not true to the comics" excuses are getting old. Please switch to "not true to what I'm used to".

I have to admit, back when it was first announced I was disappointed with him not being perma-white, then it grew on me. While seeing the movie, it didn't cross mind mind once, and after I actually thing him being completely white would have detracted from the movie. Nurse Joker wouldn't have worked if he was completely white.

Didn't bother me much, but it never really did to begin with. Just based on the visuals of the character, I think it would've looked better to be all white but it didn't effect the experience for me.

Conebone the way you keep going on about how you're dissapointed with the film, makes me not believe the 8/10 you give it. Because an 8/10 implies you thought it was pretty good, and from the looks of your sig, the best film you saw all summer. Why so down on it?

I still loathe the face paint thing. The whole time I was there I kept telling myself that Heath was going to be so good in spirit that it would pretty much take my mind off of the look for the most part. But there were scenes where his was was completely brown, with facemakeup on. That is just not the Joker to me. I understood where they were trying to go with the realism thing with Batman. It was cool that they made you feel that, under the right circumstances, you yourself could be Batman. That should not, however, apply to the Joker too. When I saw him without the makeup, it sank in that, in a sense, he's just another crazy ******* bent on destruction. Which has been done a thousand times before. The thing that made the Joker different was the way he looked. They can basically take him to Arkham, and wash all of his "war paint" away. So the Joker is going to be sitting there, in his padded cell, plain faced and brown haired? That's really stupid to me. Even in the interrogation scene, I had no idea the makeup would be that badly washed away. He looked like **** that whole time. The yellow teeth, his stature, his smile - those were all great. But the Joker isn't completely the Joker, at least in my mind, without green hair, and stained white skin. It's especially annoying because Heath was so brilliant. In my mind, they could have had the perfect comic Joker had they not been so hell bent on shoving realism down our throats. That said, I still enjoyed the movie for the most part. Well, that's my opinion.

Yeah but is it the man or the makeup that makes the character? I actually thought he looked even more ****ed up when he had his makeup completely off in the memorial scene. It's not just the way you look, it's the way you act as well.

I have to admit, back when it was first announced I was disappointed with him not being perma-white, then it grew on me. While seeing the movie, it didn't cross mind mind once, and after I actually thing him being completely white would have detracted from the movie. Nurse Joker wouldn't have worked if he was completely white.

Thats another good point, I dont think he'd go thru all the trouble of covering his whole body in flesh colored makeup. But then again......

I still loathe the face paint thing. The whole time I was there I kept telling myself that Heath was going to be so good in spirit that it would pretty much take my mind off of the look for the most part. But there were scenes where his was was completely brown, with facemakeup on. That is just not the Joker to me. I understood where they were trying to go with the realism thing with Batman. It was cool that they made you feel that, under the right circumstances, you yourself could be Batman. That should not, however, apply to the Joker too. When I saw him without the makeup, it sank in that, in a sense, he's just another crazy ******* bent on destruction. Which has been done a thousand times before. The thing that made the Joker different was the way he looked. They can basically take him to Arkham, and wash all of his "war paint" away. So the Joker is going to be sitting there, in his padded cell, plain faced and brown haired? That's really stupid to me. Even in the interrogation scene, I had no idea the makeup would be that badly washed away. He looked like **** that whole time. The yellow teeth, his stature, his smile - those were all great. But the Joker isn't completely the Joker, at least in my mind, without green hair, and stained white skin. It's especially annoying because Heath was so brilliant. In my mind, they could have had the perfect comic Joker had they not been so hell bent on shoving realism down our throats. That said, I still enjoyed the movie for the most part. Well, that's my opinion.

Great post, but I come back to this again. In real life, if you were made to look like a clown forever, wouldn't you be just a little excused if you decided to go crazy and kill people? I know it would make sense, no matter how warped you became, that if something that tragic happened to you, you might go a little off the handle. In turn, you would be slightly sympathetic, slightly.

There's no such sympathy for a person who, for no reason, willingly goes around killing people while dressed as a clown, its really insane.

I loved how he loses his forehead make up, when Batman pushes him against the glass!
(Interrogation scene)

The perma-white thing is so cheesy and convoluted. The Joker's superpower is that he's sadistic as hell. I've never seen a more evil villain. Lex Luthor? Venom? Abomination? Iron Monger? Whatever. The Joker owns. I hated the bastard, even though he was so freaking cool.

The perma-white thing is so cheesy and convoluted. The Joker's superpower is that he's sadistic as hell. I've never seen a more evil villain. Lex Luthor? Venom? Abomination? Iron Monger? Whatever. The Joker owns. I hated the bastard, even though he was so freaking cool.

Yeah!! Makes you think he'll own any of those anytime he wants to!!

Yeah!! Makes you think he'll own any of those anytime he wants to!!

I kind of wanted them to do the fear-gas thing on the Joker and what happens is that he just looks like the Joker. Everyone already fears him the way he is. :o

Why would fear gas make The Joker look like a less grotesque and scary (more comic accurate) version of himself? :)

While it bothered me over a year after seeing the film, I was reminded of THE JOKERZ's leader J-Man and the rest where they simply caked on makeup on their faces but they still were representatives of anarchy and chaos. Despite him not being perma-white or perma-clowned, Heath's performance was everything and more as Joker. He understood the Joker. He understood what tickles his fancy, he understood how sadistic and malicious he is inside and out, and what extremes he'll go to achieve his goal. Heath rocked! I was a skeptic at first but I truely rank his performance with Javier Bardem's from "No Country."

I kind of wanted them to do the fear-gas thing on the Joker and what happens is that he just looks like the Joker. Everyone already fears him the way he is. :o

That'd been cool but I would've done two versions. One would be him as the "Arkham Asylum" Joker and then his normal comic-book look.

I guess the Narrows really were lost. Not even a single mention of them.

Fear gas Joker?? Scary thing!!

Didn't bother me in the slightest. This Joker look has grown on me and I love it. But the comic look will always be my favorite, with that said.

How? That Joker looks like an entity; a spirit. Heath's Joker looks more like the leader of The Jokerz from "Batman Beyond."
Compare the looks, clothing, and chaos they cause. While not exactly the same, they have similar jokes, and a similar feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"