So, exactly how much music is Chris Young composing?

I like what I'm hearing in the 7 new scenes today. The music by Chris Yong sounds Elmman-ish enough for me that it does not brake continuity. That was the main issue for me, that the music sounds enough like 1 and 2 that if I didn't know it's was a different composer I wounldn't think too much about it. It's not that I'm a huge Elfman fan, I just love the themes. I know that it's different, but It's the darker of the movies so it can afrord to sound like a slightly differen't beast. The all choir Spider-man theme in the church scene sounds rad. I also like the extremely happy and romantic version of the MJ/love music during the skygazing scene.

The music by Chris Yong sounds Elmman-ish enough for me that it does not brake continuity.

Sort of! I mean...there really isn't enough original music. In the crane scene you have the main title theme without the percussion. In the Aunt May/Ring scene you got some unused Elfman music from Spidey 2.

But, yeah, Young tried to be Elfman-esque which you can tell by the scene in which Peter removes the symbiote and it falls on Eddie.

But lets face it you know Elfman would have done a better job!

I must admit, I am impressed by Chirs Young's work...especially the subway fight :up:

The subway fight is meh. What I'm impressed by is the scene where Peter removes the symbiote and it lands on Eddie Brock.

There was a rumor circulating around the 'Net that people who have seen Spider-Man 3 said that there was only 10 minutes of original score by Christopher Young in the film and that the rest was temped tracks.

Dan Goldwasser, who has seen the film and attended the scoring sessions (he runs Soundtrack.Net) denies it. He says that Elfman's main title theme was re-recorded with Young's themes sandwiched in, but most of the film Young scored using Elfman's themes. Goldwasser did acknowledge there was some temping in the film, but not to the extent that Spider-Man 2 was afflicted with.

In the end titles, the music accreditation is like this:

Danny Elfman (themes)
Christopher Young (score)
John Debney (additional music)
Deborah Lurie (additional music)

Steve Bartek is credited as an orchestrator, so he orchestrated Elfman's themes into Young's score and helped maintain the sound of the first two movies' scores.

There was a rumor circulating around the 'Net that people who have seen Spider-Man 3 said that there was only 10 minutes of original score by Christopher Young in the film and that the rest was temped tracks.

:eek:

Dan Goldwasser, who has seen the film and attended the scoring sessions (he runs Soundtrack.Net) denies it. He says that Elfman's main title theme was re-recorded with Young's themes sandwiched in, but most of the film Young scored using Elfman's themes. Goldwasser did acknowledge there was some temping in the film, but not to the extent that Spider-Man 2 was afflicted with.

Oh okay.

In the end titles, the music accreditation is like this:

Danny Elfman (themes)
Christopher Young (score)
John Debney (additional music)
Deborah Lurie (additional music)

Steve Bartek is credited as an orchestrator, so he orchestrated Elfman's themes into Young's score and helped maintain the sound of the first two movies' scores.

cool :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"