So, exactly how much music is Chris Young composing?

Yes, the music for Peter and Harry's fight is what Young composed for the film but I wouldn't be surprised that it was just a demo and that it'll be a bit different in the final cut...

An Elfman video even Visionary will enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTPVm8gv8fM

Even with the news that Bartek is adapting Elfman's themes, I highly doubt he'll be credited as co-composer alongside Young

Its called orchestration! Which is basically what Bartek does for a living. He is an orchestrator. His job is to get the composers composition and try his best to make it work with a large orchestra. When a composer is writing music he or she is either sitting on the piano or using a computer program to make some kind of a demo. The composer isn't 100% sure how its gonna sound when its played with an orchestra or how exactly they're gonna pull it off. Thats where the orchestrator comes in. The orchestrator helps the composer make the translation from the sheet music to the orchestra.

Bartek is gonna be re-arranging Elfman's work but I wouldn't be surprised if he's gonna do some orchestration for Young's music to make it blend well with Elfman's stuff.

Steve Bartek is the lead guitarist...:yay:

Yeah, I know. From a production point-of-view he was as important as Elfman. Yet from a performance POV he was the weak link. He never had the chops for performance.

Agreed. It always felt weird to see him execute great guitar solos while being almost perfectly still. Oh well, being in a rock band doesn’t always make you a showman...

wow, that scene would have not had the same effect if they had gone with elfmans original idea, good job to raimi for rejecting in that scenario.

I disagree. I thought it was just as effective. It really got that quirky,geeky side of Parker. I never heard that before. You get that off the bootleg CD. Anyways keep it up Danny. Can't wait for more.Thanks.

"Raindrops" works better because the freeze frame at the end sells it even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTzJ6PXRws

I'll try to upload a "rejected score" scene every week...

Where did you get that? I have the score CD and its not there. :huh: But, anyway, I'm gonna have to agree with the haters for once and say that Raindrops is better because it works from a comedic POV. However, the music is pretty good. Elfman could have used it for another scene. Like when Peter is running late to class and gets hit by people when he falls down.

The one in the movie was much more better than the original

ring scene with lord of the rings music. haha very nice

I just really hope Sam Raimi retains the original Main Spidey theme for the opening sequence. The columbia Pictures and Marvel logo. No alteration at all!! This seems most important to me. Look at X-Men 3 for instance, they completely screwed up the main theme for the movie that was heard in 1 and 2. (BTW, does anyone know if the same person composed the music for X3?)

Also, -The peter parker/MJ love theme
-Green Goblin theme(i think this should only be played when Harry is speaking to his father in the mirror or somehow hearing him with the goblin yell)
I'm really glad to hear that even though Elfman's not returning to compose the 3rd installment of Spider-Man, Sam's still incorporating and re-using some of his music aswell as Young's fresh theme's to go with The Symbiote, Venom/Eddie Brock, Sandman/Flint Marko and Gwen Stacy/Peter themes.

I think that young definately has what it takes to bring a great mood to the film, especially during the action scenes. The train scene from 2 was phenomenal. So i think it will be great.

john ottman did x2 and john powell did x3. and brett ratner ruined the main titles by cutting the patrick stewart voice over and making everything go at super speed, including the cerebro door.

I just really hope Sam Raimi retains the original Main Spidey theme for the opening sequence. The columbia Pictures and Marvel logo. No alteration at all!! This seems most important to me. Look at X-Men 3 for instance, they completely screwed up the main theme for the movie that was heard in 1 and 2. (BTW, does anyone know if the same person composed the music for X3?)

We don't what the opening titles will be, but maybe it'll be a homage to SM-2 with paintings of key scenes playing as the different credits show. Or it could just be credits on a CGI spider-web, like the first movie. There will be main titles and Elfman's main theme will be kept, no doubt about that.

But for the situation involving X3, Ratner took the place of Bryan Singer and a different composer had to be brought on board, as Ottman is a Singer collaborator (Powell mentioned that Ratner picked him to score "X3" because he liked "The Bourne Supremacy"). And while the X2 theme was good, the X3 main theme was even better (the X2 theme was similar to that of Henry Mancini's "Lifeforce", while Powell's theme gave it that heroic burst it needed). I can understand your griping about the main titles, they did go too fast for my liking. Coincidentally, Ratner had collaborated with Danny Elfman in the past, as well as Lalo Schifrin.

And Ottman's themes just really didn't stand out. Powell could've incorporated Ottman's themes, but instead wrote a completely different set of themes paying homage to the style of Kamen and Ottman. Powell did say in a interview that the homage to the previous two scores was very deliberate.

But Young won't be pulling a Powell-style score on us. Rest assured, we'll hear Elfman's themes in the third film.

I loved Ottmans phoenix theme,

anyway, i thought i would bump this thread because i miss all the debating:D

by the way, we have no news on the score and its less then a month till release, i definately think well be gettin a patch work score, because this is just like what happened with 2.

I loved Ottmans phoenix theme,

anyway, i thought i would bump this thread because i miss all the debating:D

by the way, we have no news on the score and its less then a month till release, i definately thing will be gettin a patch work score, because this is just like what happened with 2.

Elfman sucks!! :cmad:

Just kidding, Elfman rules. :word:

I was looking at them, and in some cases, the final cut music wasnt all that different..so its not a big deal.

I kinda prefer the "blue light" music that young did, over elfman, i think the only reason elfman and raimi fought was because they were 2 perfectionists fighting for their own ultimate vision. Elfman lost.

I think the Goblin theme should start off dark and creepy... then action.. then tender and slow... then creepy exploding in HEROIC... then slower at the end as the Goblin theme slows down into the Harry and Peter friendship theme and then silence for the final shot of the scene before going to a sadder version for the funeral.

Now that would be epic!!!! I think everyone who the read the novelization might agree with that evolution of the theme throughout the movie- especially the last beat in the music.

I also know Young must be loving composing for the Battle Royale: mixing the theme for all of four main characters involved in the fight! Now that's gotta be a fun challenge.

Interesting tibit from the AICN review:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32293

"A BRIEF RUNDOWN: Main titles begin, same flipping marvel logo, same brilliant Elfman theme (this time composed by Chris Young, but more on that later)."

"The score of the film by Chris Young is more of the same; he basically rehashes Elfman’s themes, and makes new themes for new characters. His new themes are good, and Sandman’s in particular is quite catchy and similar to Ocks, but they probably are not as good as if Elfman had done them, but the score doesn’t disappoint if you liked it the first 2 times around."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"