So I just bought the long halloween

Toxin72

Civilian
Reaction score
I went to my local borders to get batman year one, the long halloween, dark victory, and the killing joke. However all were out of stock except for the long halloween. This will be my first batman comic so I'm wondering if it's a good choice.

Easily one of the best Batman comics out. If you loved The Dark Knight, you'll love that comic... The film was based on it. :up:

I recommend that new readers to Batman start out with TLH also Dark Victory and Year One.

I heard it is a good choice. I ordered mine August 18th from some BS comic shop on B&N. It still hasn't come in. I had to evacuate too because of the Hurricane so it is going to come in I bet while I'm gone. I'm pissed off to **** right now about it. It will probably ship back to the Warehouse and then when I get home I'll probably have to call their asses up to resend it to me and take another fudgin' month to get it! AHHH!!!

Alright I've read through the first couple of chapters and took a break once I got to the christmas chapter. I'm really liking it so far and I was kind of surprised when

Harvey was supposedly dead only to really be disguised as that one guy (his name escapes me currently.)

I'm getting excited for the next chapter because it seems to feature the joker.

Every chapter is great. I was amazed by it. I read it in three hours. If you read it fast, it almost seems like a movie.

captain planet i want your avatar it's awesome!!!

The Long Halloween rocks! I'd recommend it to any fan wanting to get into Batman comics.

Easily one of the best Batman comics out. If you loved The Dark Knight, you'll love that comic... The film was based on it. :up:

There are some similarities between the two, but by no stretch was TDK "based on" TLH. One of many sources of inspiration -- yes.

TLH is definitely one of the best Batman graphic novels and by far my favorite. Dark Victory is a great read as well.

I love The Long Halloween. It was also my first Batman tpb :yay:

I've been going slow on the long halloween so I dont finish it to quickly but I just got to the end of the chapter where harvey gets the acid to the face. I'm really loving this and can't wait to see how it all ends and to find out who the holiday killer is.

There are some similarities between the two, but by no stretch was TDK "based on" TLH. One of many sources of inspiration -- yes.

TLH is definitely one of the best Batman graphic novels and by far my favorite. Dark Victory is a great read as well.

Well yeah, "based on" is a bit of a stretch, but there are many elements in the movie that are taken from The Long Halloween, and it was commonly cited as the- as you said- primary inspiration for the movie.

I just say "based on" because I'm really too lazy to explain that. :up:

Shouldn't he wait until he reads Year One...And then read TLH...?

Well...That's fine then...I haven't read it...But I heard it's a continuation of Year One...The there's Dark Victory...

...How do you like it so far?

Well...That's fine then...I haven't read it...But I heard it's a continuation of Year One...The there's Dark Victory...

...How do you like it so far?

I'm loving it so far. I'm towards the end now and I can't wait to see how things wrap up. Dark Victory is a continuation to TLH correct?

Yep! Well, it's considered that way...

Good buy, Toxin72! THL is awesome. Dark Victory isn't as good, but it's still a classic.

I'm going to finish up TLH in a few minutes. Now I'm trying to figure out what I should get next. I hear that the killing joke is kind of its own things but I also read its very short so I'm wondering if it's worth it.

I'm going to finish up TLH in a few minutes. Now I'm trying to figure out what I should get next. I hear that the killing joke is kind of its own things but I also read its very short so I'm wondering if it's worth it.

It's short...But really good...I say you get that or Year One...I loved both...So you can do no wrong there!

It's short...But really good...I say you get that or Year One...I loved both...So you can do no wrong there!

I heard year one is more of a gordon story than a batman story though I've read great justice is done to every character in the story. I'm hoping both the killing joke and year one will be in stock when I go back to borders so I can just pick up both of them.

Just bought TLH the other day myself. I also picked up The Dark Knight Returns, Hush Vol1 and 2. So I'm stuck wondering what I should start reading first. I just finished reading Scarecrow Year One parts one and two.

Just bought TLH the other day myself. I also picked up The Dark Knight Returns, Hush Vol1 and 2. So I'm stuck wondering what I should start reading first. I just finished reading Scarecrow Year One parts one and two.

Save Hush for last. I'd say do TLH, DKR, then Hush.

[shameless plug] Also, I noticed that you live in Virginia. If you haven't already and you live near one you should check out G2K Games they're locally owned throughout Virginia and they're great for comics. ;) [/shameless plug]

You should wait on Hush for a while. If you're new to Batman, you'll have to read a few other stories to completely get it(same with DKR). I started out with TLH way back when and it's probably one of the best to start out with.

Read these before you read Hush
Year One
A Death In The Family
The Killing Joke
Dark Victory(sequel to TLH)

No Mans Land storyline(read in this order)
Contagion
Cataclysm
No Mans Land Vol. 1-5
Evolution

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe